Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So now we'll wait a month for 9.0.5 and then another few months for 9.1?

They just can't be serious with this. When is 9.1 supposed to come out? Next winter? There's already no content anymore. If 9.1 is not absolutely massive, then I have no idea how they are planning on keeping people playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that they've already mentioned flying coming in 9.1, one has to think they are planning on it being rather large. We also have to remember that they've been WFH much like the rest of the world for the better part of the last year, and that definitely hurts overall productivity. It's no surprise then that they are probably a bit behind schedule.

Personally, I'd far rather they give some of the QoL changes earlier as they are with 9.0.5 and see how they fare in Nathria rather than waiting extra time to get them in 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    They just can't be serious with this. When is 9.1 supposed to come out? Next winter? There's already no content anymore. If 9.1 is not absolutely massive, then I have no idea how they are planning on keeping people playing.
    Is it really that surprising to you that the first content patch usually comes out 5-6 months after release? Hell, that each raid tier lasts ~6 months on average?

After 8 expansions, 26 raid tiers, 16 years? It still surprises you?

Wow.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-13 at 03:31 AM.

They just can't be serious with this. When is 9.1 supposed to come out? Next winter?
    Where exactly are you getting that information? Just because they are talking about 9.0.5 now doesn't mean anything about 9.1.0. 9.1.0 can come out 1 month later if it wanted to. 9.0.5 isn't anything major and more along tuning issues / adding some minor things. They are still putting in most of the work on 9.1.0 and future patches.

All of this added to the fact that the patches are still coming out on schedule for the most part and no indication that it is so far behind it'll be winter.

There's already no content anymore.
    Except there is still content in the game. The difference is that it might be content you don't find enjoyable, which is fine, but there is still content there. Otherwise once Mythic raids got released someone could claim "No more content, everything is released." which wouldn't be true by any means.

If 9.1 is not absolutely massive, then I have no idea how they are planning on keeping people playing.
    9.1.0 already has flying confirmed. It will likely have another raid and more story as well based on previous trends. The other thing is people keep on playing. Just because you might not be playing or some people in your different groups might not doesn't mean people aren't playing. Blizzard's going is to get people to log on enough each month so they subscribed. If they do that then they have reached their first goal with the other goals being to have people play consistently.

the way they made it sound is that all the shit coming in 9.0.5 is actuall 9.1 stuff, but they split the patch instead. Giving us some shit early access style

7+ Year Old Account
    1. 9.0.5 is said to be march, so it could be as early as 2 and a half weeks from now
    2. already no content? not really?
    3. oh shit you work at blizzard? please tell us more how 9.1 the not yet announced patch has no content! and is going to be a "few months from now"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the way they made it sound is that all the shit coming in 9.0.5 is actuall 9.1 stuff, but they split the patch instead. Giving us some shit early access style
    what they said is 9.0.5 is some system changes they had intended for 9.1 but are coming in 9.0.5 to get it into our hands earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Is it really that surprising to you that the first content patch usually comes out 5-6 months after release? Hell, that each raid tier lasts ~6 months on average?

Wow.
    7.1 came out about 2 months after legion's release date.

8.1 came out about 4 months after BfA's release date.

6 months isn't really the norm anymore for .1 patches

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, just wait a week and we'll find out. 9.0.5 might contain some new content. 9.1 might not be that far off. There is no sense in complaining about things out of your control. Just wait like the rest of us.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    7.1 came out about 2 months after legion's release date.

8.1 came out about 4 months after BfA's release date.
    Yea, Legion's first content patch was way earlier than 'usual' (as i said), but even 8.1 was closer to 5 months, and i did mention 'usually comes 5-6 months', so yea. Apart from Legions being off-mark, the rest is pretty standard. More so if you include every raid tier duration in the games history.

There are exceptions, but they're rare. You could also have mentioned the infamous SELFIE patch ( https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.1.0 ).

Only 3 months after release! But brought nothing. Does it count?
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-13 at 04:45 PM.

That's how the game works. It has plenty of content. If you don't like that content then it's your problem and you should probably quit the game.

There's already no content anymore.
    Ok mr. LFR hero. Where's your full HC and Mythic raid clear? Where are all your +15 keys timed? Where's your 2.4+ arena rating?

You can claim there's no content only after completing all of this, not while doing pet battles and world quests.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Given that they've already mentioned flying coming in 9.1, one has to think they are planning on it being rather large. We also have to remember that they've been WFH much like the rest of the world for the better part of the last year, and that definitely hurts overall productivity. It's no surprise then that they are probably a bit behind schedule.

Personally, I'd far rather they give some of the QoL changes earlier as they are with 9.0.5 and see how they fare in Nathria rather than waiting extra time to get them in 9.1.
    They did? I didn't see them say anything about flying coming in 9.1. got a link? Must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They did? I didn't see them say anything about flying coming in 9.1. got a link? Must have missed it.
    They said it would be the "first major patch? and that automatically means 9.1. 0.0.5 patches are not considered to be major.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=319243/...ire-reputation
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'm on a break. I'm only coming back to wow when and if Blizzard buffs BM hunters in PVP, and I mean serious buffs, not that 5% bullshit.

Problem is I really don't have anything else to play. So it's just reddit and watching Lirik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Sure, here you are: https://www.wowhead.com/news=319243/...tation?webhook

While we didn't ask about flying, Ion then followed up his discussion of the Flight Master's Whistle with clarifications on flying in Shadowlands. Flying will be earned in the first major content patch following launch, but the requirements will not involve reputation this time. This was first teased in an interview with John Hight and HazelNuttyGames where it was stated that Renown would be needed instead of reputation. Now, in this most recent interview, Ion confirmed that flight will be tied to completion of the main covenant campaign and successive chapters, which requires high Renown to unlock--but fear not, Renown will have catch-up mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Are you seriously claiming that a game has content so long as you haven't beaten the hard mode or gotten the high score?

Because if you are, you're being silly.
    What he listed literally is the content of the game, and if anyone claims they have done all the content but has not finished those than yes theh have not done the content.

Lfr is not conteny
    Pet battles is not content
    Transmog is not content
    Playimg the AH is not content

Those are game systems that are background noise that have zero to do with game content.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

Wow.
    legion patch 7.1 came 55 days after launch. patch 7.2 4 months later patch 8.1 in bfa came after 4 months
    do i need to go on, or will it be too surprising for you?

rofl... then find something else to do.

Us non-gorgers have plenty to do.

LOL

Are you seriously claiming that a game has content so long as you haven't beaten the hard mode or gotten the high score?
    Yes, people always do that in these discussions, which happen every expansion and every patch for the past 15-odd years. These things are circular.

Posted this out in another thread in december, but here some copy/paste

MoP Launch-Sept25
    MSV-Oct2
    HoF-Nov6
    ToES-Nov13
    Throne of Thunder-March5

WoD-Nov13
    Highmaul-Dec2
    Blackrock Foundry-Feb3

Legion-Aug30
    Emerald Nightmare-Sept20
    Trial of Valor-Nov8
    Nighthold-Jan17

BFA-Aug13
    Uldir-Sept4
    BFZ-Jan22

Shadowlands-Nov23(google still says Oct27)
    Castle Nathria-Dec8

Probably safe to ignore MoP and WoD since MoP was long ago and WoD was a mess and the first 2 raids were the same tier, so the 2nd and only other tier came so much later than what we're used to.

With Legion you have 119 days(4months) between 2 raid tiers, but we also had a small raid in the middle,
    With BFA it was 140 days and no small raid in between.

I honestly wouldn't expect the next major raid tier to happen until April, maybe even later if we get a small raid in there and then there's Covid.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if you are, you're being silly.
    I agree with you, but you have to be more specific in how you make this argument. The OP for instance did a horrible job and there's no point in defending it.

The better argument is that there isn't new content, not that there isn't content. The longer we go out without new content, the more you're justified in complaining about it and the more... silly the defense of people who say "Have you beaten mythic" becomes.