Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As a monk, if you manage to stack enough hp powers (obleron, mawrat, etc.), reduce Touch of Death cd to zero, and get the power to extend its damage to 4 more targets, you'll be oneshotting non-elite trash packs with a single cast. Additionally, your Fortifying Brew can be buffed to increase your max hp by 500% while active so with that you'll also be oneshotting elite mobs and end of floor bosses. Combine that with Frostbite Wand ("Damaging an enemy will also apply Frostbite, dealing damage equal to 50% of their current hit points. After 4 sec, the enemy will start regenerating all of the lost health over a period of 10 sec. Creatures can only be Frostbitten once."), and you may even oneshot the final boss.

This doesn't happen often though.

for bm hunt : the rat pv% + 7-8 and more +15% life point = autowin, the last boss dont os anymore your pet
    you just need a good balanced dps anima on the way and its good

but the life point from rat and pure life is important or the run is death

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    As a monk, if you manage to stack enough hp powers (obleron, mawrat, etc.), reduce Touch of Death cd to zero, and get the power to extend its damage to 4 more targets, you'll be oneshotting non-elite trash packs with a single cast. Additionally, your Fortifying Brew can be buffed to increase your max hp by 500% while active so with that you'll also be oneshotting elite mobs and end of floor bosses. Combine that with Frostbite Wand ("Damaging an enemy will also apply Frostbite, dealing damage equal to 50% of their current hit points. After 4 sec, the enemy will start regenerating all of the lost health over a period of 10 sec. Creatures can only be Frostbitten once."), and you may even oneshot the final boss.

I thought Blizzard removed that anima power early on. I mean, I've seen that one the first time I did Torghast, but then I NEVER saw it again, on any of my alts.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-02-13 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So, not going to lie, kinda disappointed with Torghast's twisting corridors. The higher layers are hard, yes, but the moment you get the "wombo combo" of anima powers, it instantly becomes a joke. So I decided to ask you guys: what is your favorite "wombo combo" of anima powers for your class and spec?

For my Arms warrior, I have a set of four powers that are "must have":
    Voracious Cunning Blade: Execute/Condemn damage is increased by 100% and after casting it 30 times, removes the health % requirement.
    Pridebreaker's Anvil: Execute/Condemn knocks down your target for 0.5 seconds.
    Brawler's Brass Knuckles: Increases rage generation by 20%.
    Unbound Fortitude: Increases Die By The Sword's duration by 20% for each stack of Soul Remnant Blessing.

Having those four powers, Torghast becomes easy mode. Die By The Sword becomes permanent the moment I get enough Soul Remnant Blessing stacks. All I have to do is focus the casters/ranged mobs, usually with Sweeping Strikes active to knock down two mobs at the same time.
    As a monk Corrosive Damage + Instant AOE Touch of Death + immune to damage for X seconds depending on how much you've travelled with Roll.

btw. slightly offtopic, but this whole "wombo combo" stuff is intended, so I dunno why you're complaining about it. The entire point of Torghast is that you should get OP powers and do some ridiculous stuff you can't otherwise do. The main problem with Torghast here is not that these combos exist, but that in most cases you're always pursuing the same OP combo, so it kinda gets boring very quickly.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-13 at 07:55 PM.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Oh really. I wonder what best combinations are for mage to solo all layers in this case, and if you have more gear does it actually count or it’s scaled to your item level?
    As Frost at least, Grisly Icicle either through power or legendary, Spellweaver's Mojo, and Chaos Invitation will cause your Blizzard to tick absurdly high. That was my winning combo for Twisting Corridors. Was ticking north of 420k and just melted boss floors. Normal floors, Grisly Icicle will carry you to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post

This combo is great in early layers of Twisted Corridors, but is completely useless in layer 8. My one and only time I've failed TD on layer 8 is when I only focused on that and in the last few floors the mobs and bosses just had so much HP that I'd die way before I could even get to the point where I could use touch of death... and yes I've stacked a ton of hp buffs where I had like over 2m hp (I believe it cannot go higher than that). The endboss has almost 11m hp so even if you half his hp with that special rare buff (I've only seen this rare once) you are nowhere close to using touch of death (even with the 100 stacks fort brew buff).

As a monk your prio should always be Corrosive Damage (5 stacks), Roll charges + the roll immunity buff. The touch of death shenanigans are only secondary to that, though you should prefer all the passive damage bonuses instead as well.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-13 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    They had the perma stun as a C tier? well lol !
    typical case of someone rating it by just reading it in isolation, bit of a problem with lots of early guides. and nowadays lots of their guides aren't updated either.

technically not wrong though, as it only becomes overpowered in combination with the execute at any health% power and some rage increasers. but, those good combos is kinda what a guide is supposed to tell you, so yeah dunno, people been saying guides on that site have been going downhill for a while now.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-02-13 at 08:04 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Blizzard removed that anima power early on. I mean, I've seen that one the first time I did Torghast, but then I NEVER saw it again, on any of my alts.
    It was still in the game when I was doing twisting a few weeks ago. I think it’s just vary rare.

It also seems to scale with some other %damage increases as I one shot the layer 7 floor 18 boss on priest by fearing (105% bonus damage to CC targets) and attacked it once and the wand did something like 6m damage.

Pretty sure all combinations are "I Win" combinations.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

It exists, just rare.
    For shammies the bloodlust on totem drop + ascendance when you bl+ a couple bl +15% haste will pretty much wreck everything. For defensive you'll almost always get your earth ele on no cd and 50% damage reduction with frost shock + healign stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    In any spec for Death Knights, if you take multiple stacks (like 5 or more) of the Anima Power of "Chains of Ice strikes 1 additional target and lasts an additional 3 seconds" and a couple stacks of "Chains of Ice binds enemies' health together, causing them to share 50% of damage taken" then literally nothing stays alive. You can do huge pulls even at the upper levels of TC and everything will melt.
    That one absolutely wrecks packs, and the bigger the pack, the better, too. The one problem with this is that it does jack squat to bosses, unless they have adds, like the slime boss.

I don't think they removed it, perhaps made it rarer. I found it several times while still working on Twisting Corridors a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This combo is great in early layers of Twisted Corridors, but is completely useless in layer 8. My one and only time I've failed TD on layer 8 is when I only focused on that and in the last few floors the mobs and bosses just had so much HP that I'd die way before I could even get to the point where I could use touch of death... and yes I've stacked a ton of hp buffs where I had like over 2m hp (I believe it cannot go higher than that). The endboss has almost 11m hp so even if you half his hp with that special rare buff (I've only seen this rare once) you are nowhere close to using touch of death (even with the 100 stacks fort brew buff).

As a monk your prio should always be Corrosive Damage (5 stacks), Roll charges + the roll immunity buff. The touch of death shenanigans are only secondary to that, though you should prefer all the passive damage bonuses instead as well.
    Not useless, it worked just fine in later layers (including layer 8) for everything but the last bosses in my runs. Not in every run of course, as I said you need good RNG to pull that off. But even if I were unlucky with powers, it still felt nice to have high hp and be able to use Touch of Death early to save time on trash and have a great execute phase on the final bosses.

If you were struggling with end of floor bosses and even regular trash, then you weren't really lucky enough to amass enough hp which is absolutely possible. I only struggled with them in my worst RNG runs.

Corrosive dosage and roll immunity are a no-brainer but these powers are so common that you don't need to focus on them in TC, they come naturally.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2021-02-13 at 08:40 PM.

MM ( and maybe BM?) hunters have a defensive I win with 3 stacks of 15% to tar trap slow, increased tar trap radius, and the mists thing that prevents enemies outside a certain range from targeting you. All of these powers are super common (and terrible on their own) and I usually try to avoid them unless I don't have a choice, but in combination they're so broken.

Considering that tar trap is 50% slow baseline, a 95% slow is basically an unbreakable root (that works on bosses), and ranged abilities can't touch you with the mists power.
    On Twisting Corridors layer 7 I got completely screwed on offensive powers, but I basically couldn't die. It took three hours, but that run completed.

the one this guy is using

Prot paladin - the reduce holy power cost thingie + Hammer of Wrath buffs - 4x charges, free cast chance on Judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

HP + Anything that isn't Entangling roots power for boomkin.

One-shotted all layers of TC by simply stacking HP. You'll survive long enough to get some good SINGLE TARGET powers.

But the god combo would probably be
    Energy Focusing Crystal
    Draught of Waning Twilight
    Lycara's Bargain
    And a cherry on top Sealed Essence Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Night fae druid, power than increases damage for 5sec after leaving stealth. Couple of those and you literally one button kill bosses.
    Roots doing dmg is stupid too, stealth to floor boss, root him, go get some ana orbs and come back to collect his orb

- - - Updated - - -

Its still in game, its from a rare, a frost lich. Theres so many rares that some are...rare!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ignore pain requires fury to use, and I'm constantly using it to spam Execute/Condemn. It's not exactly a great anima power IMO. With 2 Unbound Fortitude I basically get permanent Die by the Sword.

- - - Updated - - -

I am FULLY expecting Blizzard to nerf or otherwise remove some anima powers to "balance" the place, with the one I described in the OP being, IMO, near the top of the list. :/

BTW, can you believe Icy-Veins lists Pridebreaker's Anvil as a C-tier anima power? That thing is OP as hell!!
    It costs rage but it can be very helpful especially if you get it early.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Pretty sure all combinations are "I Win" combinations.
    dunno if it's still the case after the nerfs and with more gear, but i definitely remember picking too many defensives was a good way to make it hard on yourself as bosses stacking powerup would outpace the defensive stacking.

Skull bloomer
    monstrous concoction
    Lich Robes
    undertaker's crown
    Bone growing Juice

Seems to be a pretty solid I WIN combo for Blood dks.

Basicly with enough stacks of Lich Robes you can end up with a permanent Lichborne, which means constant death coils being thrown around that deals greatly increased damage from Skull Bloomer, and with several monstrous concoction you end up with a constant 150% damage increase, that coupled with 50% increased strength whenever you pop Vampiric blood, makes for huge damage.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2021-02-13 at 11:27 PM.