Alliance

Watching the hearing live, and enjoying watching Michael Van Der Veen point out the hypocrisy and desperation of the House Managers. He is devastating them.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Watching the hearing live, and enjoying watching Michael Van Der Veen point out the hypocrisy and desperation of the House Managers. He is devastating them.
    The House managers weren't laughed at by the Senate, sweaty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Always nice to get opinions from other realities. Which VPN do you use to break the planes of existence and post here?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

...you have the most interesting and (disturbing) delusions

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    ...you have the most interesting and (disturbing) delusions
    van der Veen could have belched into the microphone and these people would say his logic was infallible and his arguments irrefutable. I'm not sure if this is a statement about their tribalism or on what 20 years in a Fox News echo chamber has done to their brains.

Alliance

Raskin starting off this rebuttal with "I could rebut every falsehood, but I won't". Coward move. Same as "I could beat your high score, but I don't feel like bothering."
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Raskin starting off this rebuttal with "I could rebut every falsehood, but I won't". Coward move. Same as "I could beat your high score, but I don't feel like bothering."
    because trump's lawyer (as many republicans notably Ben shapiro) reley on a technique call "gish gallop" https://effectiviology.com/gish-gallop/ where you overwhelm with nonesense because(in this case) democrats simply don't have the literal time to go through all the bs step by step

Alliance

Side note: I am enjoying how outwardly old Patrick Leahy is. Sounded like he just ate the microphone
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Kinda sad seeing half the US giving up on democracy

Edit:
    or 40-45% or whatever the number is...
    and all that for a clown? I really don't get it...
    Last edited by Inuyaki; 2021-02-13 at 08:48 PM.

Alliance

Not guilty!

Justice prevailed.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Very disappointed in democrats.

The congress woman making her statement directly to the Senate would have been game changing. That clip would have gone into history.

As a statement read into record, it will be ignored. Guarantee most conservatives won't even know what was in the statement.

Democrats always fail at messaging.
    I think Democrats prefer that Trump to run again in 2024 rather than somebody who could actually unite the Republican party. Like Pence or Haley.

So the senate decides that inciting insurrection is not that bad... kk

And the founders are turning in their graves

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post

Yep, absolutely disgusting display from the GoP.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post

Not "The Senate", no. Just the GOP.

And now, let the criminal proceedings begin.

lol if this story is true : 'the House dropped the witness demand because the Republicans in Senate threatened to block all nominees and legislation'

cant wait to see the dem faces when they do it anyway.

I suppose this proves impeachment and removal is an absolutely useless portion of the constitution. If trying to overthrow american democracy and install yourself as an unelected dictator isn't enough, then nothing is.

It's the outcome we all expected, but it's still disgusting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I suppose this proves impeachment and removal is an absolutely useless portion of the constitution. If trying to overthrow american democracy and install yourself as an unelected dictator isn't enough, then nothing is.

It's the outcome we all expected, but it's still disgusting to see.
    Pretty much. Glad our great Founding Fathers were so brilliant. This is a middle finger to the strict Constitutionalist shitheads in our country. They (Founding Fathers), believed we would actually run on principals 200 years from now. That's a lie.

No hyperbole this does give any future President a door to overthrow our government as long as they have 1 branch of the Legislation.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If trying to overthrow american democracy and install yourself as an unelected dictator isn't enough, then nothing is.
    Oh, it is. Your problem is that nothing in your sentence happened. Odd how you and others are wishing it did.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it is. Your problem is that nothing in your sentence happened. Odd how you and others are wishing it did.
    You really need to get off Facebook, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

What do you get out of lying on an internet forum at a Saturday afternoon? I will never get it? It seems like such a waste of time, don't you have better things to do? I pity you :/