Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I keep hearing this repeated a lot but...No.

There are plenty of people who say they are conservative to mask the fact that they are just bigoted assholes and have latched onto conservatives to legitimize themselves, shouting "Religion! Fiscal responsibility! Save the children!" but secretly just want brown people deported and gay people shoved back into closets. They aren't conservatives. They don't care that Trump was a philanderer (who almost certainly quietly paid for his mistresses to have abortions) or that he increased the national debt or that the only time he ever set foot in a church was for a photo op. They just cared that he was hurting the right people, as they perceived it.

Conversely, actual conservatives who for example do believe we need to curb our national debt, hate the idea of abortions (but make concessions that they're a necessity in many cases) and couldn't care less what others believe so long as they're allowed their own religious beliefs also exist and you've been on the same side of them the past four years in these very forums. I know of at least 3 who have been staunchly anti-Trump (and anti-GOP since the rise of Trumpism) here and I've watched you and just about every other sane person here agree with them and count them as comrades in arms for the most part. I won't call them by name here because obviously, as you demonstrate, "conservative" now "obviously" means they're the fucking worst. One of them's been permabanned for their vehement hatred of Trump's GOP.

Now, I disagree with their opinions on many things since I'm no conservative myself, but I would not go so far as to lump them in with the MAGA crowd or even "Republicans" as the party stands today.
    Those people are the minority Trump has enjoyed 90% approval rating with them, let's face it Trump is a feature not a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That won't happen impeachment is basically dead now, no president will ever get removed from office.
    Oh don't say never. With the QAnon bullshit running rampant through GOP politicians and supporters I would not in the least bit be surprised if in the future a Democratic President is impeached and removed by a Republican controlled House and Senate based on a conspiracy theory.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Oh don't say never. With the QAnon bullshit running rampant through GOP politicians and supporters I would not in the least bit be surprised if in the future a Democratic President is impeached and removed by a Republican controlled House and Senate based on a conspiracy theory.
    Republicans controlling 2/3rd of the senate is a huge stretch.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We knew the vote was going to fall short of conviction - the GOP are moral cowards, and continue to prove it with their vote to acquit. I can't even give much praise to the 7 GOP senators who voted to convict, because they were more than likely doing so to save their own asses. I'm open to being wrong on that. But remember - the vote to acquit was practically guaranteed. We knew that's how it was going to come down, and it done. The Democrats proved their point with the Senate Trial Prosecution - they did a tremendous job. We'll put this to bed, count as yet another moral victory for the country and another morally deplorable move for the GOP.

However - there is still much to rejoice.

Trump and his family are facing multiple investigations, both civil and criminal, including tax evasion and fraud. The Manhattan DA is going after everything Trump, because all the evidence points to criminal activity.

Trump no longer has a banker. And his loans with them are becoming toxic.

Giuliani is facing a billion dollar suits (that's right kids - plural) and disbarment hearings in New York.

Trump is facing separate investigations into his felonious activity in trying to interfere with the election in GA.

Jared Kushner is being investigated by FBI/FEC.

So there is much to look forward regarding the Trump Crime Family Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Not guilty!

Justice prevailed.
    Haha... trumpism, banana republic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans controlling 2/3rd of the senate is a huge stretch.
    So was believing Donald Trump could be a President. Don't be surprised by the lunacy of the United States.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So was believing Donald Trump could be a President. Don't be surprised by the lunacy of the United States.
    Nah hard blue states are not magically going to turn red unless there's a liberal killing virus released in the US.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah hard blue states are not magically going to turn red unless there's a liberal killing virus released in the US.
    And do note Kushner's COVID task force tried to do exactly that leading into 2020's elections because Trump's brood are a bunch of deranged psychopaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't give them any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    so McConnel goes for almost 20 mins about how Trump should be criminally charged, but still voted no to impeach

so he felt Trump committed crimes, but should be able to have a chance be president again
    Good. Trump is McConnell's problem now, and richly deserved. Every embarrassing batshit primary, every humiliating CoupAnon zombie-elect taking the whole party further and further into the abyss as Cruz and Hawley and MGT try to out-alt-right each other, Jr and Ivanka and Strong Authoritarian Daddy campaigning with the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers from coast to coast, trailing bodies and racist violence everywhere they go, raising mad cash and defeating the last few relatively sane Republicans while most Americans look on in abject horror--Trump is now tied around Mitch's neck like a rotting corpse for however many years he lives (and then the marauding Trump-like spawn). As a raw political calculation (Mitch's favorite!), it's not terrible for Democrats. For democracy, sure, but you have to play the hand you're dealt.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

5+ Year Old Account
    I don’t believe these old Republicans are taking into account the vastly different voter base that is coming into adult hood in the next 5 years.

Fuck they made a list of Gen Z famous teens and called them threats to America.

Great way to get the youths on your side /s

Gen Z and newer gens don’t not want anything with Republicans. They have seen the mass disruption, ignorance, hate, and death their policy has brought. All within 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I don’t believe these old Republicans are taking into account the vastly different voter base that is coming into adult hood in the next 5 years.

Gen Z and newer gens don’t not want anything with Republicans. They have seen the mass disruption, ignorance, hate, and death their policy has brought. All within 4 years.
    You vastly underestimate how much fascism appeals to insecure youth.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who has not seen it, here is the 20~minute speech McConnell made for the reason he voted to acquit.

Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Not guilty!

Justice prevailed.
    But still Impeached. Twice.

Have you seen Trump's Virtual Presidential Library?

That won't happen impeachment is basically dead now, no president will ever get removed from office.
    Yes, it's dead. As a Woke Independent (snark) I will likely have to take sides if this happens again.

A Democrat President is now above the law. Maybe my next LGBQT, SJW, Muslim, Antifa President I vote for will live stream an orgy while selling all our secrets to North Korea.

An oh btw, is Republicans know the Dems would do the right thing and vote a Dem out. While the Republicans don't give a shit.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You vastly underestimate how much fascism appeals to insecure youth.
    Also, vastly overestimating how much the youth votes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Also, vastly overestimating how much the youth votes.
    Let hope it’s different now? Seeing how the consequences of who your politicians is highly visible now with Social media.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

Trump and fascism is more popular among gen z than any other gen besides boomers.

Those people are the minority Trump has enjoyed 90% approval rating with them, let's face it Trump is a feature not a bug.
    No, he enjoyed a 90% approval rating with Republicans. "Republican" hasn't been synonymous with "conservative" in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    For anyone who has not seen it, here is the 20~minute speech McConnell made for the reason he voted to acquit.
    McConnel is the biggest piece of feces there ever was. I can't believe someone can outdue themselves. But here it is.

Mitch McConnell refused to hold impeachment trial while Trump was in office & now says he’ll acquit because trial is unconstitutional since Trump no longer in office. Absolutely despicable
    https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status...079053824?s=19

Translation; McConnell knows it was insurrection incited by Trump but he prevented justice by delay.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!