View Poll Results: How many years in prison should he get?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • 0-5

16 27.59%
  • 5-10

3 5.17%
  • 10-15

6 10.34%
  • 15+

33 56.90%
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Probably around the time you obtain a basic understanding of obstruction of justice and what it actually is.
    Yeah im sure it fine to hide a suspect from the system.
    Too busy sniffing Ritterhouse's farts?
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-02-11 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Yeah im sure it fine to hide a suspect from the system.
    Too busy sniffing Ritterhouse's farts?
    I was going to ask you the same. Because the only way someone could be as dense as you was if they were huffing toxic gasses 24/7.

But ya know you can go ahead and throw the one legal term you remember from law and order while proceeding to show you couldn't differentiate between your ass and a hole in the ground. Wouldn't be any different than your input on politics, economics, and well everything really.

His client did the shitty thing. As of yet the attorney themselves hasn't anything, at least in the legal/criminal charges set, and no legal motions/delays are not obstruction by the lawyer. This will remain a fact until the lawyer declines to give information or act in a way the court required him to. I'm sorry such basic concepts elude. Instead ask nicely and I'll get out the crayon and paper to draw the map for you.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-02-11 at 04:33 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Yeah, sorry, I don't engage with people who are too busy sniffing Ritterhouse's farts to actually think about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I don't engage with people who are too busy sniffing Ritterhouse's farts to actually think about anything else.
    That's okay. I generally don't engage with people who are too stupid to understand basic concepts like obstruction of justice or zip their own pants. But here I am basically begging you to stop eating lead paint and here you are insulting me for trying to help you. No gratitude.

You'll notice I never actually commented on what I thought should happen to the lawyer and merely pointed out that you again have zero clue what you're talking about. Seriously man if you need help understanding basic concepts just ask. Don't lash out like a tool because you don't get it. It's not my fault your incredibly thick. What's next should the lawyer be disbarred because he represented someone you don't like? Please give us more of your hot legal takes.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-02-11 at 04:39 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin...4297036dfff212

The fuck? So they "address" Rittenhouse's lawyers gave is a fuckin PO Box, which is not an actual address. It's literally a box at the post office, you can't live in the 4"x4"x12" box, your body won't fit in there.

Be curious to read the reasoning the judge had for accepting this and not issuing a second warrant for his arrest after violating the bail agreement and moving without first notifying law enforcement.

It's great to be a white dude in the US justice system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin...4297036dfff212

The fuck? So they "address" Rittenhouse's lawyers gave is a fuckin PO Box, which is not an actual address. It's literally a box at the post office, you can't live in the 4"x4"x12" box, your body won't fit in there.

Be curious to read the reasoning the judge had for accepting this and not issuing a second warrant for his arrest after violating the bail agreement and moving without first notifying law enforcement.

It's great to be a white dude in the US justice system.
    That judge needs to be removed from the fucking bench. How is this remotely reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That judge needs to be removed from the fucking bench. How is this remotely reasonable?
    Yep, you know if he was any other shade of skin tone, there would be a bench warrant issued, and there would be every law enforcement office looking for them.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN2AB1WP

Rittenhouse’s lawyers argued that safety concerns necessitated a move to a “safe house” and for him to conceal his whereabouts. As an example of received threats, they submitted an anonymous email warning that he would be raped in prison.
    Yo, do inmates get email? If not, this doesn't seem like a threat.

Kenosha County Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder told a hearing that concerns for Rittenhouse’s safety were legitimate and that he wanted to avoid the risk of further unrest in Kenosha, which erupted in violent protests in August following the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a Black man.

“After what this town has been through in the last six months I don’t want any more problems,” Schroeder said. “I’ve got two broken windows here, right here in this courtroom, the doors are all still covered with plywood, a good share of the community is still boarded up after millions of dollars of damage.”
    Why would putting Rittenhouse back in jail for violating his bond cause further unrest? Is he worried about armed right wingers causing problems? Why would upholding the law cause problems? Does he not realize the anger was because of injustices?

Schroeder said that while Rittenhouse had failed to update his address in a timely fashion the criteria had not been met for his arrest. He told the teenager’s lawyer to disclose his address under seal to the court, and denied prosecutors’ request to hike his bail.
    I fail to see how violating your bail requirements is grounds for a mulligan, but I guess he must be white. Hopefully they'll get his actual address and not another PO box that he couldn't possibly be living in.

I guess I have a lot less to worry about if I ever find myself on the wrong side of the law. Apparently being a white dude comes with superpowers or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    From what I can see from the reasoning, it's because Rittenhouse and his lawyers have been timely and responsive on court presences and deadlines. The information was brought to the judge in the context of a third party, not because there were issues with the defendant holding up the terms of bail as written which are purposed to compel compliance with due process in exchange for a nominal degree of freedom. If we were to shift this to a different context, a different case, would you be happy to hear about an American judge raising bail by two million dollars because the defendant did not release their physical address to the court?

If your criticism is the bail should have been higher to begin with, I do agree with that to be clear.

As for claims within the article, there's pretty clear legal precedent to shield such figures from public gaze. And it isn't about being on their side. Information about mass murderers is typically kept under lock and key because there's such a large likelihood that vigilantes within society will be dumb and try to take the law into their own hands.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2021-02-12 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    From what I can see from the reasoning, it's because Rittenhouse and his lawyers have been timely and responsive on court presences and deadlines. The information was brought to the judge in the context of a third party, not because there were issues with the defendant holding up the terms of bail as written which are purposed to compel compliance with due process in exchange for a nominal degree of freedom. If we were to shift this to a different context, a different case, would you be happy to hear about an American judge raising bail by two million dollars because the defendant did not release their physical address to the court?

If your criticism is the bail should have been higher to begin with, I do agree with that to be clear.

As for claims within the article, there's pretty clear legal precedent to shield such figures from public gaze. And it isn't about being on their side. Information about mass murderers is typically kept under lock and key because there's such a large likelihood that vigilantes within society will be dumb and try to take the law into their own hands.
    The bail was set at $2 million from the beginning. They were considering raising it by $200k just because of this noncompliance issue.

The terms of his bail included his residence address and such, and while he was entitled to move, he was also obligated to update the courts of such a move within 48 hours. He'd been out of his listed address for at least 6 weeks by the time the courts became aware of it.

Even if Rittenhouse is a complete fucking illiterate moron who didn't understand the terms of his own bail, his lawyers should have. If they wanted to make the case that they needed an unlisted address for safety, the time to approach the courts for that was mid-December, when Rittenhouse vacated his listed address, at the latest.

At this point, Rittenhouse has voided the terms of his bail, and is evading the courts' capacity to monitor him, deliberately and with intent. His lawyers are aiding and abetting him as a fugitive.

And yes; if this were any other multiple murderer, I'd have the same position.

Well this sucks. There was at least the possibility he might get a suspended sentence. I think he will probably go to prison for a very long time now, easily 8 years or even 12. They shouldn't revoke his bail because his lawyers are incompetent. Why should his bail be revoked? Did Kyle commit another violent or serious crime? Did he try to flee? Morally speaking, Kyle is NOT a murderer, he is guilty of unlawful assisted suicide. The murder laws for some stupid reason considered unlawful assisted suicide on par with murder, the most serious crime and considered more serious than torture, rape, and even running a ponzi scheme.

Does it make sense at all to consider what Kyle did even on par with torture, rape, ponzi scheme let alone WORSE than that? I don't think so. Highly restrictive bail requirements make sense for actual predators, not for Kyle. The first instance might be legally "murder", but morally it was unlawful assisted suicide. The second killing was clearly self defense. You can see the aggressors running at him with a skateboard. Skateboard in my state is considered a deadly weapon when used to hit someone on the head. So the second killing was indeed self defense.

Kyle was largely motivated by good intent, he wanted to protect local businesses from dangerous rioters. Unlike predators.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-13 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Trolling

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sole-Warrior View Post
    Well this sucks. There was at least the possibility he might get a suspended sentence. I think he will probably go to prison for a very long time now, easily 8 years or even 12. They shouldn't revoke his bail because his lawyers are incompetent. Why should his bail be revoked? Did Kyle commit another violent or serious crime? Did he try to flee? Morally speaking, Kyle is NOT a murderer, he is guilty of unlawful assisted suicide. The murder laws for some stupid reason considered unlawful assisted suicide on par with murder, the most serious crime and considered more serious than torture, rape, and even running a ponzi scheme.

Does it make sense at all to consider what Kyle did even on par with torture, rape, ponzi scheme let alone WORSE than that? I don't think so. Highly restrictive bail requirements make sense for actual predators, not for Kyle. The first instance might be legally "murder", but morally it was unlawful assisted suicide. The second killing was clearly self defense. You can see the aggressors running at him with a skateboard. Skateboard in my state is considered a deadly weapon when used to hit someone on the head. So the second killing was indeed self defense.

Kyle was largely motivated by good intent, he wanted to protect local businesses from dangerous rioters. Unlike predators.
    17 year old child has no right to defend anyone’s property with a weapon in a state he does not even live in.

The second killing was clearly self defense. You can see the aggressors running at him with a skateboard.
    Because he fucking murdered someone!

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    17 year old child has no right to defend anyone’s property with a weapon in a state he does not even live in.
    Um, yes it does. Self defense AND defense of another are valid affirmative defenses! It's the law. He was putting out fires until the convicted child molester, the first person he killed and gang of angry rioters confronted him. There is no law stating you can't walk across state lines with a gun as long as you are not intending to commit crimes. Defending others is not a crime even if what Kyle did is a bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Because he fucking murdered someone!
    no it's not, it's morally unlawful assisted suicided, second killing was self defense!
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2021-02-13 at 11:31 PM.

no it's not, it's morally unlawful assisted suicided, second killing was self defense!
    No, it was goddamn fucking murder. And when you fucking murder someone in the fucking street, and someone tries to stop you from murdering someone else, it's not self-defense to murder them as well. It's MORE FUCKING MURDER.

don't feed it, just report it.

10+ Year Old Account
    second killing was self defense!
    If you are posting in good faith, I suggest you take a long look at what you just posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    If you are posting in good faith, I suggest you take a long look at what you just posted.
    What's the problem? The first killing wasn't murder, it was a type of assisted suicide.

No, it was goddamn fucking murder. And when you fucking murder someone in the fucking street, and someone tries to stop you from murdering someone else, it's not self-defense to murder them as well. It's MORE FUCKING MURDER.
    Sigh, it was not. I don't know how much this has to be explained to you.

I'm going to be looking up various legal presidencies. Maybe this will convince you that assisted suicide that is unlawful =/= murder in many states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    If you are posting in good faith
    It isn't, its just repeating the same stuff its already been banned for.
    /s

Personally, fi I were confident in my chances of getting acquitted, I would conspire with the police to skip bail.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.