Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i have actualy mentioned this before,i think pvp gear,raid gear and dungeon gear should all have specific stats,that boost you in that specific enviroment,they would all work outdoors the same way,like for example resilience would for in pvp and also vs outdoor content but not in dungeons and raids,raid gear would have a raid stat that works in raids and outdoor but not in dungeons and pvp (well i guess it could work in normal/hc/mythic 0)
    Yes, that's what this game needs: More shit to keep in your bags for no fucking reason.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yes, that's what this game needs: More shit to keep in your bags for no fucking reason.
    they could implement a system for gear like they did for quest items,have it all be stored in the equipment manager

and even if not....what do people even do with bag space these days?what is this vanila?

they could implement a system for gear like they did for quest items,have it all be stored in the equipment manager

and even if not....what do people even do with bag space these days?what is this vanila?
    It's an overcomplicated solution to an imaginary problem. The game can be balanced without different types of gear for different content.

It's an overcomplicated solution to an imaginary problem. The game can be balanced without different types of gear for different content.
    the change from pvp only stats has only caused problems

the change from pvp only stats has only caused problems
    ...in your opinion. PvP in this game has always been jank, I don't particularly feel like it's less jank now than it was when PvP power was a thing. At this point, over the course of this game's 16-year love/hate relationship with PvP I think the devs have tried just about every possible "solution" to this problem; just because you preferred it when PvP power was a thing doesn't mean that this is the best possible solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I've always liked the idea of gear tailored to the type of activity. It rewards the player appropriately for what they are doing and avoids the problems of needing to PvP/PvE or vice versa for gear for your content. Honestly, the lowest set of PvP gear should demolish a Mythic raider in PvP ... but be near useless in the Mythic raid.
    agree,in the past we had some funny situations with this,i think it was in mop,where the best pvp gear still lost to pve gear in outdoors lol,it got changed later with pvp gear activating in outdoor as well vs players,but i think cataclysm had it best

i have actualy mentioned this before,i think pvp gear,raid gear and dungeon gear should all have specific stats,that boost you in that specific enviroment,they would all work outdoors the same way,like for example resilience would for in pvp and also vs outdoor content but not in dungeons and raids,raid gear would have a raid stat that works in raids and outdoor but not in dungeons and pvp (well i guess it could work in normal/hc/mythic 0)
    That, or use the WoD PvP gear system. So PvE gear gets capped when pvping and pvp gear is boosted in pvp/stays at lower level in pve. Assuming they implement a proper set management system (Rift had one years ago), they should have this for M+, Raids, Rated PvP and casual PvP.

People who play the game have a crapton of junk constantly clogging up their bags. Vanilla dropped less stuff in general, and a lot of the SL stuff is actually worth taking to whereever it goes.

For that matter, having gear work completely differently in different enviroments is very poor design. There's a reason they removed those stats. Same reason most PvP specific ability nerfs are only effectiveness, not effect. You're effectively suggesting confusing the hell out of people to fix a minor issue, when Blizzard generally trends to making the game easier to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    It's not a refusal to do the content, it's just having a hard time getting into it. I've never done rated PvP and I'm scared to sign up for groups out of fear of judgment. I don't have any friends that could get me in or help me out. And that's assuming they'll even let someone like me with no rating or experience into them in the first place.
    Join a "yolo" group. Its easier when the rated bg is the weekly pvp quest. As long as you're ~200 ilvl, you shld be able to get an invite to one of these. They usually go 1/3/6. From there keep playimg until you get to 1400ish rating. Then try to join the 1.5k cr groups

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    People who play the game have a crapton of junk constantly clogging up their bags. Vanilla dropped less stuff in general, and a lot of the SL stuff is actually worth taking to whereever it goes.

For that matter, having gear work completely differently in different enviroments is very poor design. There's a reason they removed those stats. Same reason most PvP specific ability nerfs are only effectiveness, not effect. You're effectively suggesting confusing the hell out of people to fix a minor issue, when Blizzard generally trends to making the game easier to understand.
    While I support this argument in concept, you have to wonder why Blizzard says this publicly then adds things like Corruption to the game afterward. This was the same reason they removed Reforging and while I definitely do not support them adding multiple types of gear for different content you have to wonder why the devs think things like DoT-snapshotting and Reforging are "too complicated" but systems-on-systems like Essences, Corruption and Azerite gear from BfA aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    As I have said in other threads.

If you want badge gear then you need to consider that it would have to be limited in some way, most likely weekly. And then all you have is weekly vault except somewhat deterministic, and therefore something which has to be weaker overall whether in amount or quality.

Not to mention that having both the weekly vault AND quality badge gear is exactly the kind of loot avalanche that makes the rest of the game suffer. So you would likely have to consider choosing one over the other, in which case the question simply becomes whether you are willing to sacrifice the weekly vault for even less loot.
    I would say valor/badge vendor ( possibly upgradable) - and ditch greay vault. Regardless, raids and dungeons need loot drop boost which is what is currently planned

10+ Year Old Account
    Get covenant gear if you want normal ilvl.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    More than enough to get into a random bg and get one shot. Joy of joys, such enough, much fun
    Ridiculous level of hyperbole to try to make your point only discredits you.

While I support this argument in concept, you have to wonder why Blizzard says this publicly then adds things like Corruption to the game afterward. This was the same reason they removed Reforging and while I definitely do not support them adding multiple types of gear for different content you have to wonder why the devs think things like DoT-snapshotting and Reforging are "too complicated" but systems-on-systems like Essences, Corruption and Azerite gear from BfA aren't.
    I'm not sure what makes you think those are terribly hard to understand. It gets complicated on how they interact and optimising them, but understanding what they do and how they work is not.

I'm not sure what makes you think those are terribly hard to understand. It gets complicated on how they interact and optimising them, but understanding what they do and how they work is not.
    How are things like Reforging and DoT-snapshotting somehow less obvious is the question. It seems, to me, like six of one and half a dozen of another.

How are things like Reforging and DoT-snapshotting somehow less obvious is the question. It seems, to me, like six of one and half a dozen of another.
    The problem with reforging wasn't that it was complicated, but that it was purely an optimisation problem with basically no gameplay at all. Take numbers, plug into calculator. DoT snapshotting wasn't obvious because there was nothing in the game that even hinted at it, you had to check your log to realise anything was happening.

None of the BfA systems were particularly unclear on how they worked.

None of the BfA systems were particularly unclear on how they worked.
    For me, that's a strong disagree on Corruption. Essences weren't even that clear, honestly. But it's clear you and I disagree with the fundamentals here. I was just pointing out a bit of what I perceive as hypocrisy on behalf of the devs; it's doubtful they'll ever have systems in the game that aren't able to have the fun optimized out of them. And since that's the case, I personally don't think either Reforging or DoT-snapshotting should have been removed (in a world where they're okay with things like Corrupted gear existing).

For me, that's a strong disagree on Corruption. Essences weren't even that clear, honestly. But it's clear you and I disagree with the fundamentals here. I was just pointing out a bit of what I perceive as hypocrisy on behalf of the devs; it's doubtful they'll ever have systems in the game that aren't able to have the fun optimized out of them. And since that's the case, I personally don't think either Reforging or DoT-snapshotting should have been removed (in a world where they're okay with things like Corrupted gear existing).
    Corruption told you how everything worked and when you trigger the negative effects. Essences told you what you had to do to get any part of the system working and what they did. Players were perfectly capable of working out the remaining parts with the information given. Neither system had much trouble with people not understanding what they do. Which option is optimal for a given situation isn't included in this, nor is there a reasonable way to do that anyway.

Making a system that can't be optimised is pretty much impossible. That's more an issue with player mentality, not design. The problem with Reforging was that there never was anything beyond optimising there in the first place, while DoT snapshotting was not an intended part of gameplay complexity(outside of Feral, which still has it). Comparing snapshotting to Corruption or Essences is also rather hypocritical; the former had no hints whatsoever, the latter two had a full UI telling you what's going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That was never that great. You ended up running the same 2-3 dungeons ad. nauseam. The way they do it now by keep all dungeons relevant is fine by me.
    It works really well in FFXIV. If that game had better raiding (I just really don't like the 8 man format), I would probably have cancelled my WoW sub.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It works really well in FFXIV. If that game had better raiding (I just really don't like the 8 man format), I would probably have cancelled my WoW sub.
    How does it work better in FF? Outside of running them for a capped currency, they're irrelevant.