Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    They just can't be serious with this. When is 9.1 supposed to come out? Next winter? There's already no content anymore. If 9.1 is not absolutely massive, then I have no idea how they are planning on keeping people playing.
    9.1 ptr might be hitting the week after blizzconline

They just can't be serious with this. When is 9.1 supposed to come out? Next winter? There's already no content anymore. If 9.1 is not absolutely massive, then I have no idea how they are planning on keeping people playing.
    How its been since.. forever. New xpac/big content patch with raid comes out, lasts for 6+ months. Consider it a bonus if we get anything in between.

Personally I would love if they always planned for smaller patches between the bigger ones. Like in 9.0.5 we get campaign quests or maybe a dungeon. Or some kind of event, whatever. Something to stir things up a bit.

Unless you are big on collecting stuff(mounts, gear, titles++), level alts or want to push the same content on harder difficulties, you are done with SL for now. If you feel bored of current state of content, just take a break and come back when new big patch comes along.

This forumla has been constant most of wows lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Are you seriously claiming that a game has content so long as you haven't beaten the hard mode or gotten the high score?
    Well, since we don't know what people have for preferences with content we gotta have some sort of guideline,
    I mean otherwise you could say "yeah i just like to lvl.", but that means you are out of content 10 hours after game is released. Perfectly fine.
    But same person can't say that there isn't a content drought, it's just for that person. And thats why you can play more than one game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

How is there no content?
    Have you finished mythic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Another QQ thread where OP makes some stupid claim, then is never to be seen again within the thread.

Which isn't that surprising in this case.
    Hi

I'm really OK with the next raid tier starting say May or something.

9.1 should be coming between April-May anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    How is there no content?
    Have you finished mythic?
    Not everybody is Mythic raiding and Mythic raiding shouldn't be mandatory.

Shadowlands just has not much content. I already quit my subscription weeks ago because I "finished" the expansion. There just nothing to do besides Mythic+ farming (with horrible chances for loot) and raiding.

9.1 really has to deliver, if not I'm staying unsubbed until 9.2 at least - and I'm sure a lot of people are in the same position as I am.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    What he listed literally is the content of the game, and if anyone claims they have done all the content but has not finished those than yes theh have not done the content.

Lfr is not conteny
    Pet battles is not content
    Transmog is not content
    Playimg the AH is not content

Those are game systems that are background noise that have zero to do with game content.
    If it's in the game, it's content.

Never gonna understand why so many wow players are gatekeepers of what is or is not content.
    Putin khuliyo

while I agree, its silly, we are having a slight content drought, Also you have to remember alot of them are working from home so it makes it abit more difficult cut them some slack

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, Legion's first content patch was way earlier than 'usual' (as i said), but even 8.1 was closer to 5 months, and i did mention 'usually comes 5-6 months', so yea. Apart from Legions being off-mark, the rest is pretty standard. More so if you include every raid tier duration in the games history.

There are exceptions, but they're rare. You could also have mentioned the infamous SELFIE patch ( https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.1.0 ).

Only 3 months after release! But brought nothing. Does it count?
    That only sounds okay if you look at the last 4-5 expansions. Go back to the earlier expansions...major patches may have taken longer, but a *lot* more content was provided at the beginning of the first few expansions...more dungeons, more raids, more things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There just nothing to do besides Mythic+ farming (with horrible chances for loot) and raiding.
    So... exactly like every other single patch in the game's history? Besides the weeks\month it takes you to complete the story (and only that long because it's time gated?)

Give it a rest. This is the game, bit of content and stay for the dungeons, raid, pvp, player progression or whatever else rocks your boat. That -is- the content.

How people can keep spewing this gibberish is just astonishing. You take hours to complete content that takes -months- to create. Go figure!

I wonder how people still play League of Legends, FIFA, Dota or other games, nearly no content! GRRRRR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The highest difficulty, sure. But likewise, if you're only clearing LFR and then complaining there's nothing to do I'd also say it's silly to claim that the "content is done". The game is designed intentionally to go back in and step it up to normal and heroic. Mythic might be a stretch sure, but clearing Heroic isn't that far of a goal.
    Regardless, difficulty levels are not content.

Look, there are four basic things that comprise WoW and most other games:

1) Setting. The world. Azeroth, Draenor, Outlands, Shadowlands.

2) Features/systems. Classes are features, class talents are features. Raids are features. Quests are features.
    Each of these are kinds of things, not specific instances of those. Nathria is a specific raid but the idea of a raid is a feature.

3) Playable content. Specific quests, dungeons, BGs, Raids.

4) Difficulty levels. LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic.

Clearing heroic CN is NOT NEW CONTENT over normal. It doesn't matter if you think it should be done any more than it matters if you think it should snowing outside. So the argument that someone hasn't done content if they've not cleared mythic, hit 2400 and timed all 15s is specious bullshit and should never be legitimized.
    Last edited by clevin; 2021-02-14 at 07:04 PM.

I hope 9.1 doesn't come out for a while. Our guild still has a while to get to mythic denathrius.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Regardless, difficulty levels are not content.

Look, there are four basic things that comprise WoW and most other games:

1) Setting. The world. Azeroth, Draenor, Outlands, Shadowlands.

2) Features/systems. Classes are features, class talents are features. Raids are features. Quests are features.
    Each of these are kinds of things, not specific instances of those. Nathria is a specific raid but the idea of a raid is a feature.

3) Playable content. Specific quests, dungeons, BGs, Raids.

4) Difficulty levels. LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic.

Clearing heroic CN is NOT NEW CONTENT over normal. It doesn't matter if you think it should be done any more than it matters if you think it should snowing outside. So the argument that someone hasn't done content if they've not cleared mythic, hit 2400 and timed all 15s is specious bullshit and should never be legitimized.
    The fights are pretty different overall from Normal to Heroic.

Especially Sire. Some aren't too different, but there IS enough differences that you can't dismiss it as "It's not new!"

I expected something like this, when Ion said, that flying would return in "first major content patch", i.e. in 9.1. I expected, that WOD-like BS would happen, i.e. that first patch would be major and real major content patch would be delayed.

Yeah, SL is casual/alt-friendly. It isn't about grinding as much as possible on main, while feeling, that playing alts is about falling behind progression curve. But casual/alt-friendly isn't about quantity of content only. It's about quality too. Quality of some content is still as bad, as it was back in BFA. I still feel, like game tries to exploit me on every corner instead of just allowing me to play it and get fun.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So... exactly like every other single patch in the game's history? Besides the weeks\month it takes you to complete the story (and only that long because it's time gated?)

Give it a rest. This is the game, bit of content and stay for the dungeons, raid, pvp, player progression or whatever else rocks your boat. That -is- the content.

How people can keep spewing this gibberish is just astonishing. You take hours to complete content that takes -months- to create. Go figure!

I wonder how people still play League of Legends, FIFA, Dota or other games, nearly no content! GRRRRR
    What's your point? Developing a video game takes longer than playing it? You don't say.

Blizzard reduced replayability of content by minimizing loot in Mythic+ etc. On top of that they made traveling the outdoor world as painful and uncomfortable as ever. Then the amount of content outside of dungeons / raids is heavily timegated or just smaller than usual - et voila, you have Shadowlands. If they turn the Maw into a real zone with quests etc. (e.g. Broken Shore 2.0) we would have something to do; the Maw like it is now is avoided by most people because it's pointless on top of being no fun (I expect the Maw to be the location for a major patch exactly in the style of the Broken Shore revamp they did in 7.2).

Don't get me wrong, I think Shadowlands had very good first weeks and was way more entertaining than BfA or WoD in their first 4-8 weeks (falls short compared to Legion though), but the moment you just stop playing Shadowlands comes way quicker and harsher than in other expansions - at least that's the experience I made myself and via friends in game. And the forums / Reddit etc. talking about WoW seem to share a similar picture.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-02-15 at 09:00 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Yeah and I'm sure you're 12/12 mythic with every mythic+ done at the 15 level.

Sorry they can't pump out your LFR content faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    7.1 came out about 2 months after legion's release date.

8.1 came out about 4 months after BfA's release date.

6 months isn't really the norm anymore for .1 patches
    Uhh 7.1 was 4 months

8.1 was 5 months

why are you lying about something so easily fact checked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Are you seriously claiming that a game has content so long as you haven't beaten the hard mode or gotten the high score?

Because if you are, you're being silly.
    Except this game isn't fucking tetris where it's the same game and you're just trying to play it longer for a "high score".

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the way they made it sound is that all the shit coming in 9.0.5 is actuall 9.1 stuff, but they split the patch instead. Giving us some shit early access style
    Which is just a system patch now, fixing bugs etc.
    No real content, besides some corgi soulshape...

There is no anima drought, there is an content drought.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No, they're difficulty levels. Learn the difference. That 'you havent done every possible thing on the highest difficulty' is a lazy, stupid argument. No one should take it seriously.
    Raid encounters at the mythic level compared to LFR or even normal are fundamentally different encounters. It is not even close to the same content.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    If LFR is hes chosen skill level and he completes that raid on that skill level - hes entitlied to say the raid is complete. I agree it is a flaw in the game design and gives Blizzard a problem they cant solve but there are plenty of people who like it and defend it.
    So that would mean as long as Blizz does the lowest difficulty superhard to clear there would be content? I think its ok to think that hey i have done what i wanted to do (ie complete the raid on any diffculty) But i wont demand a new raid asap i have done it so those that struggle on higher difficulty wont be able to clear THEIR chosen lvl. Because we all know that when a new raidtier gets released noone wants to run the old content.