Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Still no new battelgrounds ?

Why there are no new battelgrounds and no new arenas ?? ....

They have more then enough for the relatively few amount of players that do pvp
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
    There is new bastion arena wydm?

because clearly Blizzard doesn't find it important enough. It is funny, because every raid tier, every expansion there are guaranteed dungeons and raids, new bosses, but yet there are no new BG's, no new arenas. Blizzard acts like it's hard to create these things. Don't get me wrong, BG's might take a little more will power and creativity, but new arenas should be pretty cake. I mean every arena is pretty basic, pillars, eye buffs, starting zone. Not sure why they couldn't make at least ONE new arena in a patch.

It would be nice to queue 2's, or 3's and actually not get the same arena within an hour. Now that being said, I doesn't really bother me not having new arenas as I enjoy pvp in general, but I wouldn't complain if we got more arenas. or hell even more "unfair" arenas, like ring of blood used to be.

Well we did get a new arena.

And we don't need new BGs so there's really no point to adding them.

New dungeons give lore (that nobody cares about), new loot, new bosses for mechanics, etc.

A new BG would give... nothing? Another place to AFK for honor I guess. But if you're AFK like 90% of people in BGs it makes no difference which BG you're in, the only thing that changes is the place you AFK in.

As someone who has only done PvP this entire expansion I can safely say I don't really need a new arena or BG. The new arena we did get is the ugliest thing they've added to the game, so I really don't want more of that, and the BGs we already have are boring and tedious enough, wasting development resources on another BG I don't want to be in doesn't seem like a great idea.

More than new battlegrounds, they really need to fix some of the existing ones, mainly the epic ones. Most the siege mechanics feel so outdated and clunky, it's a pain to play. It could be a great feature but it's depressing to end up in those.

I think visual overall of existing BG could also be a great idea, like they already did with Warsong and Arathi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have a way to exclude 1 or 2 BGs from the random list.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    because it's not needed, the game can run forever like that just fine
    imagine having 50 arenas, and 30 bgs
    meh...
    ask quality instead of quantity I guess

Best 2 battlegrounds are warsong gulch and aratha basin. The gilneas one is also alright. But al the latest new bg's really suck. The azerite mining one might be the worst we ever had. I rather have them fix and update old ones then add a new flunky bg that doesnt work
    Baine is not my Warchief

No reason for new battlegrounds. More than enough, and most recent ones are trash anyway.

Just look at games like League of Legends or Dota 2, or even Counter-Strike or PUBG. No reason to have 20-30-40 maps...

Personally, i'd be happy with strictly running Arathi Basin, Warsong Gulch or Silvershard Mines.

I'd rather they fix the trash they have now, only decent bg's are WSG and AB and how old are they? the "epic" ones are complete dog shit and need a rework so the last thing we need are more trash bg's added to the massive pile of shite we have now.

The absolute state of epic battlegrounds at the moment. Isle is the only acceptable one. What we need is a big battlefield style map with lots of objectives, where you can head out with 3-5 people and make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DanskenVI View Post
    The absolute state of epic battlegrounds at the moment. Isle is the only acceptable one. What we need is a big battlefield style map with lots of objectives, where you can head out with 3-5 people and make a difference.
    Yea they need to find a way of making epic bg's less about a 40 vs 40 lagfest in 1 area and more about spreading the raid out to achieve multiple objectives, even Isle is just about rushing docks and focusing on glaives 100% of the time, WG is all rushing sunken, Ashran is 2 full raids meeting head on in the middle constantly and AV is about 80% of the raid rushing south to afk while the other 20% stand in 2 towers.

Those kind of BGs end up being a zergfest. The only reason why Isle is OK is because it usually ends fast.

Everytime Blizzard has tried making big BGs, be it a zone or a instanced BG, it always ends up being a zergfest. People flock to the way that goes the quickest.

people want in and out in a fairly short time. Big Bgs dont really work out to well in wow. The only thing that could work was a BG aka how the warfront feature worked in BfA, but you cant just huddle up your whole team and zerg in.

Theres a reason why WSG & AB is considered the most popular BGS. Not to many people, objectives are clear.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Those kind of BGs end up being a zergfest. The only reason why Isle is OK is because it usually ends fast.

Everytime Blizzard has tried making big BGs, be it a zone or a instanced BG, it always ends up being a zergfest. People flock to the way that goes the quickest.

people want in and out in a fairly short time. Big Bgs dont really work out to well in wow. The only thing that could work was a BG aka how the warfront feature worked in BfA, but you cant just huddle up your whole team and zerg in.

Theres a reason why WSG & AB is considered the most popular BGS. Not to many people, objectives are clear.
    So what would be the problem with a big AB style epic battlegrounds with say 8 nodes? You're contradicting yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    they shall also stop removing battlegrounds, allow to blacklist some is enough
    not everyone have the same tastes

So what would be the problem with a big AB style epic battlegrounds with say 8 nodes? You're contradicting yourself.
    Sure, that sounds cool. I would welcome it.

I do think though it would end up being a massive lagfest(cause blizzard cant handle big masses of people in same place), and a zergmode.

once you open up to 40 ppl it becomes more of a zergfest, moving from node to node in one cluster.

Every faction has its off days. Some days the Alliance gets fucked, some days the Horde does. I think the level bracket you’re in also matters.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
    Last edited by jeokaleo; 2021-02-27 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistnectar View Post
    I mean every arena is pretty basic, pillars, eye buffs, starting zone.
    And thats why they don't create new ones. Unless a new Arena can break that mold, why have a new one that's just different art, pillars in different places?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

Classic AV isn't a zergfest anymore whereas retail AV definitely is. It's a bit odd, actually.

The problem with long, multiple objective BGs is partly that the retail player base has been self selected for quick runs (true of instances too) but it's also that retail uses a metrics based approach, honor/hour and BGs that last a long time rarely give enough honor for the time investment.

For example, if I zone into Wintergrasp on offense, I immediately afk out of there. It will usually be 45 minutes, offense almost never wins and so the honor is abysmal. If it was 30 minutes and was balanced so offense has an even chance of winning? I'd likely stay. Hell, if we had an even chance of winning, I'd likely stay even at 45 minutes. I usually do when I get defense simply because it's OK honor for the time spent and it IS a different feel to the BG

Quote Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
    There is a new arena so that whine is invalid.

The last BG they did was total shit. I've yet to meet a single person in rated who likes that RNG azerite bullshit. I hope they don't add more if that's what they've got to offer now.