Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Huge problems with torghast

Hey,

How you're dealing with torghast? I'm balance and tried balance, resto specs and I'm having huge problems. I can't complete layer 8 with 190ilvl at all. Most of the time I'm having problems with bosses. Last boss is like ultimate challange because of DR on roots and so on. I don't know how to complete this.

ive done it on a 190 balance alt.
    do you have all the torghast upgrades from venari?
    they give more/better anima power selections etc., which will make things easier.
    whenever you choose a power, consider which will be best against bosses, both defensively and offensively.
    are you using the "force of nature" talent? its a 1 min CD that spawns 3 trees that tanks the boss for you for a while, quite helpful for difficult solo content.
    otherwise take a relook at your talents and spellbook that maybe could help.
    use flask pots food healing pot etc may also help.

I don't know what to say. At 190 ilvl layer 8 is already just a chore/joke. If you are not succeeding, try joining/making a 5 man group through the LFG tool, there's usually plenty, because Torghast is a lot faster with 5 people anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I don't know what to say. At 190 ilvl layer 8 is already just a chore/joke. If you are not succeeding, try joining/making a 5 man group through the LFG tool, there's usually plenty, because Torghast is a lot faster with 5 people anyway.
    Not as a Druid, it's not. It's not necessarily easier, either.

Not being able to complete layer 8 of the regular wings is definitely user error as an iLvl 190 Druid as well. You should have no issue with that. Hard to troubleshoot without any information on what you're doing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not as a Druid, it's not. It's not necessarily easier, either.

Not being able to complete layer 8 of the regular wings is definitely user error as an iLvl 190 Druid as well. You should have no issue with that. Hard to troubleshoot without any information on what you're doing, though.
    Idk, outside of convoke on the last boss I'm almost doing no dmg. Powers like entangling roots are actually doing nothing because of DR, so idk what to say. Imo I'm not doing anything wrong

Quote Originally Posted by pawelczak View Post
    Idk, outside of convoke on the last boss I'm almost doing no dmg. Powers like entangling roots are actually doing nothing because of DR, so idk what to say. Imo I'm not doing anything wrong
    With the right Powers, that Convoke could very well kill the boss by itself. Don't focus everything on roots. 190 is definitely enough to get through layer 8 without significant extra effort as Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by pawelczak View Post
    Hey,

How you're dealing with torghast? I'm balance and tried balance, resto specs and I'm having huge problems. I can't complete layer 8 with 190ilvl at all. Most of the time I'm having problems with bosses. Last boss is like ultimate challange because of DR on roots and so on. I don't know how to complete this.
    How a balance druid can have problems with Torghast is beyond me.

We have one of, if not the best, spec for dealing with Torghast bosses, a vast quantity of anima powers that buff it even further (take every convoke the spirits 50% extra damage, 20% extra starsurge damage, 20th moonfire tick brings a Full moon, faster tick on dots, mastery stat sticks, big stat procs, bla bla) and just dot, dot, CA+convoke+trinket(+pot if you want) and bosses disappear. The HP powers (not over the big dps ones) also help, especially with resto affinity.

Treants are huge for harder packs\bosses aswell.

No one can teach you how to play, but check talents, dont get fooled by trap powers (you seem to talk about roots, making it seem you wasted some powers with it, those do not help with bosses), and go at it... full clearing the floors should net you anything between 25-35~ anima powers, more than enough to destroy any boss as a 190 ilvl balance druid.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-14 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    How a balance druid can have problems with Torghast is beyond me.

We have one of, if not the best, spec for dealing with Torghast bosses, a vast quantity of anima powers that buff it even further (take every convoke the spirits 50% extra damage, 20% extra starsurge damage, 20th moonfire tick brings a Full moon, faster tick on dots, mastery stat sticks, big stat procs, bla bla) and just dot, dot, CA+convoke+trinket(+pot if you want) and bosses disappear. The HP powers (not over the big dps ones) also help, especially with resto affinity.

Treants are huge for harder packs\bosses aswell.

No one can teach you how to play, but check talents, dont get fooled by trap powers (you seem to talk about roots, making it seem you wasted some powers with it, those do not help with bosses), and go at it... full clearing the floors should net you anything between 25-35~ anima powers, more than enough to destroy any boss as a 190 ilvl balance druid.

Maybe I got trapped a little bit with those trap powers... But reading questions about druid in torghast and they were always mentioned as OP. I'll try again after next reset as I managed to do both wings easily with a party in under an hour ( after wasting so much time solo )

10+ Year Old Account
    So, here are some powers that you absolutely should aim for ALL the time.

1: Shapeshift twig (Lycara's Twig or whatever) - It's a Common power that increased the effectiveness of Wrath/Mangle/Shred/Regrowth by 200% whenever you Shapeshift, stacks twice for 400% total. This is HUGE - You can constantly shift/unshift Moonkin so your Wraths are all empowered, and if you shift before using Convoke ALL Wraths (And other spells if you aren't Boomkin) are empowered by this.
    2: All Convoke powers - Shorter CD, increased damage, and if you get it ESPECIALLY the epic version of this - This replaces all your Wraths with Full Moons whenever you use Convoke (It'll also replace all Shreds with Frenzy if you are Feral). Shorter CD lets you blow up every pack of mobs, increased damage allows you to kill the boss with a single Convoke, and the epic one allows you to instantly kill the entire floor at once if you pull it all. Just make sure you have some distance so convoke doesn't spam Trash instead (Seriously, why is Trash during convoke even a thing for non-guardian? It's not thrash, it's Trash for non-guardian)
    3: The "Finisher Moves deal 20% more damage" common power. While this isn't as large a contributer to your overall damage, it is multiplicative with the Convoke powers.

The first one is absolutely critical though - It's both massive damage AND healing potential, at the cost of just shifting in/out of Moonkin form. Go into Moonkin form, cast Wrath, cast Wrath again and de-shift Moonkin form before you finish casting it, and both Wraths get huge damage bonuses. Similar thing with Regrowth, and keep in mind that even the Regrowth HoT benefits from the power boost.

The brilliant thing is that a lot of strong offensive powers are also strong defensively, like the Twig.

Here are a list of good powers.

The Draughts - There are 3 Draughts that interact with your DoTs/Hots. Common one gives you up to a 240% damage/healing boost to Moonfire, Rejuve, and Rip/Rake whenever they are up on only one target - Excellent for Bosses, and a strong defensive power as you just keep Rejuve on yourself. Rare one gives you a 50% flat damage/heal boost if you have Moonfire or Rake on 3 targets at once - Not so good for most bosses, but excellent for trash. The final epic one increases your damage/healing to targets that have 3 DoTs/HoTs on them - Not very good for Balance since you only have 2 baseline DoTs (So you need to talent to get your 3rd DoT), but excellent for Feral.

Orbit Breaker, as mentioned, is very good for Boomkin, and I can't recall a single run in which it wasn't available as a power.

Circlet of Weeds is solid for both damage and healing.

For Boomkin, Lycara's Sash is also strong, as it gives you constant Starfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

People who suggest "taking every convoke powers" have to realise not every druid is playing night fae.

If you're Night Fae (and it seems you are), taking Convoke powers will more or less cheese even at ilvl 190. I did it as Feral, so perhaps it was easier as I had instant Regrowths, combined with Lycara's Twig that gives me basically free Lay of Hands every time I go into caster form.

I'm not exactly sure about Boomkin, I hate Boomkin rotation in Shadowlands, but I'd expect Convoke powers to be similarly strong.

Sucks to be you if you're a different covenant, but I can't say I've heard of many Venthyr/Necrolord Boomies. Wonder how they deal with it.

As a Kyrian Guardian I basically just walk through lvl 8's about 99% of the time.
    That last 1% I find myself up against an ultrafast caster that just obliterates me, regardless of cooldowns, stuns, drums etc.

Luck plays a role in Torghast that many don't acknowledge. You can help stack that luck in your favor with your choices, but it's still a dice game.

FWIW I universally choose powers based on how they'll help against the endboss. Roots etc makes the floor go fast, but hamstrings you in the end.

I agree with the posts suggesting you LFG a few runs. It doesn't mean you're a bad player, maybe there are mechanics that just aren't clicking with your current approach.

15+ Year Old Account
    First thing I should say is don't go in as balance with resto affinity. Go in as resto with balance affinity. All of the healer and tank specs have reduced mob HP and reduced mob damage while in Torghast. Right away that knocks off 1/3 of their HP and reduces the damage they do by about 1/4 too. As resto with balance affinity you have all the spells from your healing toolkit plus several big damage spells right there at your disposal. My druid alt has done layer 8 numerous times with no problems what so ever and he just hit 185 item level this week (without any legendary too). Don't get anything that increases your mastery from your choices as mastery doesn't do shit for your damage. Stick to haste or crit or even versatility. Do your damage while in moonkin form and use regrowth for your main healing spell and only do rejuv, lifebloom, and WG when you're about to die. Swiftmend + regrowth = saves your ass from dying as does popping Tree of Life and spamming regrowth as an "oh shit" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    People who suggest "taking every convoke powers" have to realise not every druid is playing night fae.
    Because any druid that does NOT go Night Fae is pretty damn stupid since none of the other covenants are worth a damn for any spec of druid because Night Fae is light years ahead of the other 3....

Even if you have don't play Night Fae.. druid is probably one of the easiest classes for torghast... just jump into a bear, take perma barskin with thorn dmg and laugh at mobs killing themselves while you are at 100% HP the whole run.

Just make a 5 man group... it's like the most trivial content in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Just make a 5 man group... it's like the most trivial content in the game.
    This. Every week now Im only doing layer 8 in 5 man groups. Then I can get to tank it and pull fast like a heroic 5 man...its thats easy.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

If you’re nightfae then boomkin is incredibly easy. My fastest layer 8 as boomkin so far is 8m39s. Highest dps on last boss so far is 119k. I tend to just skip to the boss on each floor and kill it, repeat. I do the same on my Shaman and my Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    This. Every week now Im only doing layer 8 in 5 man groups. Then I can get to tank it and pull fast like a heroic 5 man...its thats easy.
    Yup I used to solo since the first week cuz yah it wasn’t worth doing groups but now it’s a joke I usually get 3 4 characters fully done on Tuesday between 6-10 am

I have got my druid leveled not too long ago and found that Torghast was a struggle around ilvl 169, epecially Mort'regar as the mobs do increased magic damage and from what I can see a healing absorb effect? So had to group for that, the other floors I did manage to solo as resto on layer 8. The HP and damage reduction on the mobs just makes resto unkillable in there and if you choose the right powers your damage is insane.

Now I have my legendary for Moonkin and some better gear, I can just go in a blow things up (currently around ilvl 190). Would recommend if you are struggling to try speccing resto or possibly guardian as I have heard tanks also have an easy time in there.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Because any druid that does NOT go Night Fae is pretty damn stupid since none of the other covenants are worth a damn for any spec of druid because Night Fae is light years ahead of the other 3....
    Except Kyrian is actually better in most cases if you aren't DPS horny? :P