Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Don't like LFR? Don't use it.
    Those of us who find a use of it (in my case, casually seeing where the story is heading and what the newest raids look like, at times a slight chance of randomly upgrading some slot thar was eluding me for awhile) give meaning to it, and you have no place calling for it's removal.
    Doesn't matter whatever other stuff you think we should do instead. It's there, and we do it. That's all the reason blizzard needs to keep it.

LFR is great for farming renown on fresh 60 alts!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thread created probably whilst drunk or high.

Would read again
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

LFR is fine, especially with raid bosses dropping pets lfr is a good way to get them

I agree, the unpopular, least used raid difficulties of LFR and Mythic should be canned.

Just leave us with Normal and Heroic - that's where everyone raids.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I strictly see LFR as a Tourist mode, to go in and see the story and RP'ing.

As a mog collector though I absolutely hate the damn thing, with people that don't listen and dying to incredibly simple mechanics or just flat out AFK from the get-go, duing trash and/or during boss fights... what'd be a 15 minute wing they'd make it an hour...

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I agree, the unpopular, least used raid difficulties of LFR and Mythic should be canned.

Just leave us with Normal and Heroic - that's where everyone raids.
    Citation needed on that second part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    anti-lfr thread number 14323723782

a lot of players enjoy lfr, it has no negative impact on the rest of the game so it will stays as it is.
    The OP is not against LFR as such, he wants it removed AND then be able to queue for higher difficulties in an automated system where he hopes to be carried to better gear.
    This is not an anti-LFR-thread, it is a veiled "I-feel-entitled-to-be-carried-thread".

LFR in its current form is good: The loot is irrelevant, so the players that care about their performance and their fellow players time don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    seems lots of people are playing LFR so that's pretty strong evidence that it has meaning to a lot of players
    LFR was made so that casuals could experience the story and to give them an idea of what raiding was like to decide whether or not it was for them. it has been extremely successful at both
    That is true. Although I do agree having LFR as a difficulty level is a bad idea. I would prefer LFR as a tool that can be used for Normal and Heroic.

I am sure there are people that find LFR too easy and prefer to raid Normal/Heroic but due to their restrictive playtime, cannot commit to premade group. Having LFR as a tool would address that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    LFR is meant for people who want to see the story without committing to a schedule. Nothing more, nothing less.

WoD LFR was the best form of the system in my opinion.
    Need to agree completely here: And yes, i'm an LFR-Raider: I have sick people at home that needs my attention. I can't be bound to fixed raid shedules. I personally would love to have harder raids, but i can live with it, what i can't do is play on a fixed shedule: when someone needs my attention, i can't simply say, screw it, i need to kill the raid boss first.

LFR is for me the only see some raid content. So sorry OP, but your butterfly-rant is pointless. FAR MORE People play LFR than the other difficulties. Blizzard should rather kill mythic than LFR, it's as simply as that.

For me, my real life goes before everything else. That's the target audience for LFR!

LFR is the reason that the people that don't play it still have raids to enjoy at all, so be glad it exists. Don't play it if you don't want to, but realize that LFR justifies the work that goes into every tier. You can't make a game in the modern market that tells its stories in raids and thus requires everyone to play the raids, if you don't have LFR as a default, game-curated (as opposed to community-curated) access mode. There are so many reasons LFR has to exist, not the least of which is you can't trust the modern gaming community to decide who gets to see the story told in the raid, when the game expects you to see the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I completely understand why LFR exists

I would still remove it in a heartbeat. Players can search the Raid Finder tool for pug normal groups and achieve the same outcome.
    I tried it. Nope, it's not an replacement at all: look for a group just for 2-3 bosses, or for a group that doesn't require that you killed everything already on day 1. Or does not have insane requirements far over the top (requiring full heroic raid gear for normal) and so on. And even if it works, it takes less time having a fixed raid shedule than looking for people on Raid Finder. And time is something i don't have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    That is true. Although I do agree having LFR as a difficulty level is a bad idea. I would prefer LFR as a tool that can be used for Normal and Heroic.

I am sure there are people that find LFR too easy and prefer to raid Normal/Heroic but due to their restrictive playtime, cannot commit to premade group. Having LFR as a tool would address that.
    That's something i wanted since they released LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Citation needed on that second part.
    https://www.wowprogress.com/

First boss down:

25% - Mythic
    75% - Heroic
    100% - Normal (baseline)

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post

There are pugs up all the time for normal and heroic raids. Or you can make your own group at a time that suits your needs.
    An automated system for normal and heroic would result in a shitshow of epic proportions.
    Would you do raids on normal and heroic with the average lfr-player?
    Last edited by T-34; 2021-02-15 at 07:10 AM.

id argue that normal mode raiding is the superflous difficulty.

LFR has its audience, wich is the players who don't want to pug normal/hc and don't want to commit to a guild but are still interested to have a look at the raid.

Normal thou... is basically just a stepping stone to heroic.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    There are pugs up all the time for normal and heroic raids. Or you can make your own group at a time that suits your needs.
    As said before: forget it: there are no pugs with realistic raid requirements, it's as simply as that. And it takes so much more time to find a group than having to wait for LFR to open: for people who can't simply join groups or always join, because something happened at home, LFR is the best way to raid. Because here when i need to help someone at home, i can simply decline to join, and if i need to go, i go whenever it is needed, and it does not ruin the group and waste their time for someone else to rejoin.

As said before: don't like it, don't use it, but don't get butthurt over something that does not affect you except on your pride!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com/

First boss down:

25% - Mythic
    75% - Heroic
    100% - Normal (baseline)
    Raid tier is far from over and 25% are already doing some mythic progression. Not sure how that equates to noone.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Not sure how that equates to noone.
    It doesn't equate to noone - not sure why you would think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    As said before: forget it: there are no pugs with realistic raid requirements, it's as simply as that. And it takes so much more time to find a group than having to wait for LFR to open: for people who can't simply join groups or always join, because something happened at home, LFR is the best way to raid. Because here when i need to help someone at home, i can simply decline to join, and if i need to go, i go whenever it is needed, and it does not ruin the group and waste their time for someone else to rejoin.

As said before: don't like it, don't use it, but don't get butthurt over something that does not affect you except on your pride!
    I am fully for the existence of LFR. It makes some players happy and the loot is irrelevant for me. Why would I be against it?
    The part of my post that you snipped out was a reply to a post where the poster wished for an automated queue-system for normal and heroic, not as an attack on LFR.

I guess it's time again for the bi-annual 80+ page thread about the LFR.

Sigh.

The LFR isn't going anywhere regardless of what you feel it does for the quality of players in the game. The game in 2021 simply appeals to a different audience than it did in your nostalgia-fueled recollections of the days before. Call it "coddling," call it "bad for the game," call it "wrong." You're not 100% incorrect. But it isn't going to magically disappear because you feel like Blizzard should listen to the opinion of raiders more than casuals.