Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just don't understand the point of this post. LFR rewards sub-WQ ilvl gear and you don't like it. Then it doesn't affect you. So why bother caring so much?

My only issue with LFR is how it eventually outgears previous raid tiers. I really hate that design. In a year from now LFR gear will probably be equal to current mythic gear and that kinda invalidates the efforts of the decent players still grinding out hc slg and denathrius. If they want gear to be "meaningful" then maybe those players should be able to look in their bank a year from now and still feel proud of that loot rather than it being inferior to LFR crap.

I'm fine with LFR being like a way to showcase raids to casuals but the loot should reflect that, it should always stay low ilevel and the rewards should be shifted instead of cosmetics.
    Last edited by intenz; 2021-02-15 at 12:46 PM.

Right now im trying to reach ilvl170 just to get in my sweet sweet lfr your wrong op!

Unpopular opinion but the real superfluous difficulty is Mythic. There's no need to have a "Torment" level difficulty that only a tiny percentage of people do. LFR fits the niche of people who don't want to commit to a schedule, which is still a big thing as raiding traditionally requires you to commit to set days/times like a job (or, more specifically like a hobby e.g. poker night with the guys). There are still loads of people who can't/won't commit but don't want to be excluded entirely. And it's not sometimes even not wanting, imagine someone who has a wonky schedule (like oh say medical workers during a pandemic...) who may not know if they'll be available every Tuesday and Thursday but want to see the content.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2021-02-15 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Not everyone has an easy time with guilds. I've struggled for a long time to find one where I could fit in. Particularly one that would accept I just don't really like voice chat/discord all that much. I just want to kick back, drink a beer and listen to some music while doing stuff in the game.
    That kinda defeats the point of a guild, which is communication and comradery.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It doesn't "push" anyone anywhere.

There's a lot of players who will never, under no circumstances, take part in organized raiding / player made PUGs. Removing LFR will not magically make them search for custom groups for raids. It will make them not see the content.

Plus, the jump of difficulty between lfr and normal is actually significant. People who are capable of heroic and mythic might not see it, but that's definitely the case.
    The jump in difficulty is significant but also not because in LFR you have a wild mix of players where some people don't even try, don't know the boss and just press their buttons with no regard to anything. And honestly, I don't think it's so bad when some people who don't want to put in the slightest amount of effort into player interaction in an MMO, that they don't see the raid content. This ain't TBC anymore where the raids are tough. We have three raid difficulties and normal is really easy, especially with the catchup gear being almost the same ilvl these days.

There are players with disabilities who are heroic or mythic raiding. There are players with no hands or those who are blind who are successfully raiding heroic or mythic. There really is no excuse for someone to not be normal raiding. If someone cannot get over this tiny hurdle to get into a normal raid group, then how are they living their life?

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    LFR is a way to participate in raids and not be stonewalled constantly by Blizzard. Rather by new add ons they allow like RaiderIO. Unrealistic expectations of players (AOTC first week of release.) Or borrowed power that people have been complaining about for many years. That don't equate to any skill just another player putting more time into grinding. LFR is a work around to actually see and participate in the raid.

"We need this to keep the players immersed."

Then why was the population at all time peaks when these systems were not implemented? Massive decrease in players and complaints since it has been. Numbers. Numbers in dropped subscriptions and raid participation.
    You say this like it is a fact. You need to provide a source that supports this information if you want to convey or sway an actual opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    At the moment, you can get better gear than what LFR offers by doing world quests and gear that's miles better by doing covenant stuff. If you're feeling risky, you might even play some random BGs for vastly superior gear.

Between LFR playing no part in casual gear progression while somehow managing to be easier than M0, it's pretty obvious that the mode is not working out as intended. It's time to trim some fat from this bloated behemoth of an endgame design paradigm and axe LFR. Instead, there should be an automated queue for normal with the option of running it as a flexible premade. Normal difficulty is about on par with what should be clearable by a disorganized but motivated pug.

There's absolutely zero reason to have two "easy" difficulties in the form of LFR and normal. They just bloat progression and make within- and between-tier ilevel jumps larger than they have to be.

You can improve it by making it a single boss queue with later bosses unlocked by defeating earlier bosses. M+ could likewise have an automated queue up to 10+ and PvP up to 1800 rating. There's more than enough casual content in this game to create a meaningful progression path outside of organized play. Problem is that Blizzard refuses to make it accessible.
    Strongly agreed.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    At the moment, you can get better gear than what LFR offers by doing world quests and gear that's miles better by doing covenant stuff. If you're feeling risky, you might even play some random BGs for vastly superior gear.

Between LFR playing no part in casual gear progression while somehow managing to be easier than M0, it's pretty obvious that the mode is not working out as intended. It's time to trim some fat from this bloated behemoth of an endgame design paradigm and axe LFR. Instead, there should be an automated queue for normal with the option of running it as a flexible premade. Normal difficulty is about on par with what should be clearable by a disorganized but motivated pug.

There's absolutely zero reason to have two "easy" difficulties in the form of LFR and normal. They just bloat progression and make within- and between-tier ilevel jumps larger than they have to be.

You can improve it by making it a single boss queue with later bosses unlocked by defeating earlier bosses. M+ could likewise have an automated queue up to 10+ and PvP up to 1800 rating. There's more than enough casual content in this game to create a meaningful progression path outside of organized play. Problem is that Blizzard refuses to make it accessible.
    Always curious what you think you will gain if they get rid of LFR. Do you think devs will swap to something else that will benefit you?

To be quite frank you should be able to queue for an LFR of any raid level. It's stupid that it's limited the way it is. I mean if all those mythic/heroic raiders are so amazeballs they would be able to be thrown together in a raid of random other mythic/heroic raiders and finish it just fine. It's called adaptability.
    I'm a thread killer.

i have found lfr very useful in sl, i like collecting mog sets also in combination wiht the weekly oribos quests and world boss lfr is the best way to finish your weekly anina quest quickly, now that they buffed anima drops all you need to do to finish it is clear the raid on lfr

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    To be quite frank you should be able to queue for an LFR of any raid level. It's stupid that it's limited the way it is. I mean if all those mythic/heroic raiders are so amazeballs they would be able to be thrown together in a raid of random other mythic/heroic raiders and finish it just fine. It's called adaptability.
    Mythic raiders are nothing but people who can afford to raid and prepare all day and do 1000 attempts on bosses on PTR and live. If Blizzard had in house testing, world 1st raiders would get doo doo'd on. Mythic raiders and the word adaptability do not go in the same sentence, they're like the exact opposite.
    The Mythic version of "adapting" is reroll to FOTM and then stack the raid with it as much as possible. That tactic reminds me of another word I know: CHEESE.

"Hello, my name is Limit Maximum, I know what funneling is and I know what 2 target cleave is and who does them the best and when to raid stack them because all of our guildies go out in front of Org and start pressing random buttons for 4 hours while staring at logs to see whats the best, we're basically Checkers and Tic Tac Toe masters."

They're where they are because literally no one else wants to do all that extra crap, except maybe 0.7% of the playerbase.
    Last edited by msdos; 2021-02-15 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the reason I won't touch LFR is pugs still manage to mess it up and you think normal would somehow be an okay replacement? I would say give me some of what you're smoking but it obviously kills brain cells.

LFR isn't fun, but it lets casuals see the story and it's fine for that. I'm actually happy it doesn't reward loot that even casuals want because again, it isn't fun. They should do LFR once and then move on.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-02-15 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    There are players with disabilities who are heroic or mythic raiding. There are players with no hands or those who are blind who are successfully raiding heroic or mythic. There really is no excuse for someone to not be normal raiding. If someone cannot get over this tiny hurdle to get into a normal raid group, then how are they living their life?
    "What about......"
    I mean let's remove normal and HC raiding too while we are at it, it only requires to join a pug via group finder which is only tiny step ahead of the AutoQue system. Why should people who don't take the game seriously should be allowed to experience the best content in WoW?
    Why the hell would you care about someone doing LFR? What does it take away from you? Quest gear is better than LFR gear. So it's not like they are getting rewarded better than they should, and that the only reason to argue against "casuals" getting something what raiders are getting - loot. If some HC raider would be getting mythic items, sure, that's not good, but do I care that some guy is raiding normal - content which falls over as soon as you enter it and rewards loot accordingly?

10+ Year Old Account
    My alts need their 1100 anima and renown catch-ups, so it certainly has its purpose.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    LFR isn't fun, but it lets casuals see the story and it's fine for that. I'm actually happy it doesn't resolve loot that even casuals want because again, it isn't fun. They should do LFR once and then move on.
    Not happening im not moveing on not now not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Mythic raiders are nothing but people who can afford to raid and prepare all day and do 1000 attempts on bosses on PTR and live. If Blizzard had in house testing, world 1st raiders would get doo doo'd on. Mythic raiders and the word adaptability do not go in the same sentence, they're like the exact opposite.
    The Mythic version of "adapting" is reroll to FOTM and then stack the raid with it as much as possible. That tactic reminds me of another word I know: CHEESE.

"Hello, my name is Limit Maximum, I know what funneling is and I know what 2 target cleave is and who does them the best and when to raid stack them because all of our guildies go out in front of Org and start pressing random buttons for 4 hours while staring at logs to see whats the best, we're basically Checkers and Tic Tac Toe masters."

They're where they are because literally no one else wants to do all that extra crap, except maybe 0.7% of the playerbase.
    Well, you surely don't know what you are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well, you surely don't know what you are talking about.
    It was spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    It was spot on.
    Well, in that regard then every task boils down to that in any game or irl but simplifying it to that level is just ignorant and disrespectful.

I'm a full time student and have a lot of other stuff going on. I love LFR because I can't be there for raid every week, and even when I am I'm so wiped from daily life I can't perform well. LFR gives me a way to have fun with my character in a big group without much pressure and I'm grateful for it.