Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What exactly did you expect good guilds to do on content that has been out for 15 years, wipe for a few days or what? And that has been replayed a lot during these years on private servers?
    40% of guilds on my server did not even manage to fully clear it, and this is nearly 3 months later. And I guarantee you that people running LFR on Shadowlands will not be able to clear Naxx simply because most mistakes = death, even if not hard to pull off.
    You people need to pull your heads out of your asses. Just because a few guilds managed to speed run it on release, does not mean many can do that. Same thing applies to retail, just because some top guilds clear heroic the day it is released does not mean most guilds can do that.
    Look at how Blizz handles raids now. They're difficult for the most hardcore guilds and then nerfed after a few weeks. No reason they can't do the same for TBC. They're not some small indie company.

Do you think it's gonna be fun if every raid is released and then it's a 90 min speed clear?

When you say 40% of guilds, how many are even seriously trying?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    For me it's new servers and slight tuning changes so that the game is now appropriately tuned for the 2021 playerbase.

Just rolling out the same product that worked in 2008 is not acceptable and could end up being a disappointment just like classic. Who really wants to see speedruns or raids as soon as they're out?
    No.

It would disappoint Classic players that want to revive that experience and would not add anything for retail players, I would not set foot again in Oultands, just I did not in Classic (apart leveling a rogue to level 10 before giving up due to extreme slowness) even if it had all the qol changes we have today in SL.

Let TBC be old TBC.

For me it's new servers and slight tuning changes so that the game is now appropriately tuned for the 2021 playerbase.

Just rolling out the same product that worked in 2008 is not acceptable and could end up being a disappointment just like classic. Who really wants to see speedruns or raids as soon as they're out?
    Not allowing the people who invested time into classic to keep their characters on their servers, besides unlikely, would be disrespectful from Blizzard.

Look at how Blizz handles raids now. They're difficult for the most hardcore guilds and then nerfed after a few weeks. No reason they can't do the same for TBC. They're not some small indie company.

Do you think it's gonna be fun if every raid is released and then it's a 90 min speed clear?

When you say 40% of guilds, how many are even seriously trying?
    Fun for whom exactly? Raids now are difficult for the most hardcore guilds before nerfed a bit because they can afford to do that as other difficulties are available.

I think tuning the numbers up to try to simulate difficulty while the mechanics themselves are not difficult is just dumb and enocourages class stacking even further.

Let the game be as it was, and I'm not talking about slapping on 2.4.3 nerfs.

Everything about the current game is bad and does not belong into tbc

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Everything about the current game is bad and does not belong into tbc
    If everything about the current game is bad wouldn't it be dead by now then?

If everything about the current game is bad wouldn't it be dead by now then?
    it is called personal appearance

3+ Year Old Account
    I hope there will be some catch-up XP bonus at start because a lot of ppl would want to play TBC who doesnt want to suffer through a month of levelling to 58

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Not allowing the people who invested time into classic to keep their characters on their servers, besides unlikely, would be disrespectful from Blizzard.
    Exactly. I expect the #nochanges to remain, so I don't think it will be new servers where everyone will have to start from level 1. That would just be too painful and annoying to those who farmed gear until the end. That being said, I doubt it will be released exactly as it was back then with bugs, so we should see a particular patch right from the start (2.1? Maybe Black Temple will be opened later, but you will be able to do the attunement?). ZA, sunwell and content patches will come later just like classic in order to stretch the content a bit.

That being said, there might be people who will want to remain in classic, so perhaps we will be able to copy and/or move our classic characters into a TBC server, so that both can co-exist.

Classic was and still is popular, same with retail and they actually feed into eachother nicely.

People that say they want "no changes" in TBC really don't know what they are asking for. The entire Tier 5 and Tier 6 was available on launch. They have to timegate it.

I would also like it tuned a bit harder, obviously controversial of me.

The things people enjoy about TBC are things like:
    * 1 raid difficulty
    * social structure
    * guild dependency
    * master looter
    * slow paced leveling
    * arena system
    * class and talent design
    * the tier sets
    * the bragging rights of showing off your gear (aka. no transmog)

The changes OP is asking for has nothing to do with these things and doing the things OP suggest does not make it "Shadowlands"...

Classic is not a disapointment at all to me. Only thing I want from Classic is some "rolling fresh servers" that get created every x months that start on phase 1. This server you cannot transfer onto, only transfer out of.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2021-02-15 at 04:44 PM.

It's better for the long term health of the game that there are fresh servers.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    I hope there will be some catch-up XP bonus at start because a lot of ppl would want to play TBC who doesnt want to suffer through a month of levelling to 58
    The XP to level to 58 was nerfed by about 30% with the pre-patch back in the day, that's probably sufficient for this time around as well.

The slog is really from 40-60, and you'll be wanting to level professions for TBC anyways. There's likely a month of Draenai + Blood Elves being introduce and new mechanics before the gates are opened. Won't be too bad.

I like leveling in the pre-cataclysm zones anyways, the new experience is so shallow i don't even know why they bother and just don't put your character at the level cap anyways with the modern version of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    This is a good idea! The leveling to 58 for fresh Blood Elves could be quite painful.

It's better for the long term health of the game that there are fresh servers.
    Agree to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to keep my classic characters and have a pre-nerfed TBC experience.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    there are little changes here and their I'd appreciate in a TBC rebirth. But I'd be mostly fine with it as is.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. People that want to play the TBC version shouldn't be fucked over by Classic characters bringing over their inflated gold and such from the beginning.

Even footing should be there from the beginning without having to drag yourself through Classic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    there are little changes here and their I'd appreciate in a TBC rebirth. But I'd be mostly fine with it as is.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. People that want to play the TBC version shouldn't be fucked over by Classic characters bringing over their inflated gold and such from the beginning.

Even footing should be there from the beginning without having to drag yourself through Classic now.
    On the other hand, the only reason there will be a TBC Classic is because of the Classic crowd, their constant request for Classic itself, and the massive success the game got. So, alienating those players now because there's a new crowd that's "oh, i guess ill play tbc classic now!" and don't want to feel behind the curve is silly, in my opinion.

Also, i would not count TBC to be separate from Classic, the same as TBC followed vanilla back in the day. It's the natural progression. Have everyone start over is 'off'.

We'll find out in 4 days or so, i guess.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand, the only reason there will be a TBC Classic is because of the Classic crowd, their constant request for Classic itself, and the massive success the game got. So, alienating those players now because there's a new crowd that's "oh, i guess ill play tbc classic now!" and don't want to feel behind the curve is silly, in my opinion.

Also, i would not count TBC to be separate from Classic, the same as TBC followed vanilla back in the day. It's the natural progression. Have everyone start over is 'off'.

We'll find out in 4 days or so, i guess.
    That's fair. I'm just someone that thinks Vanilla/Classic are trash but would play the shit out of TBC. I just don't want to have to level through Classic to be ready for TBC.

For me, the best case scenario would be servers where you could carry on your Classic chars if you already had them, but with some serious restrains on the gold aspect since there are ppl that just made obscene fortunes in Classic.

Also, regarding TBC specificallly:
    - WBs inactive from the get go (this was changed in a somewhat early patch)
    - Changes to drums, like a sated debuff or something similar, to prevent LW stacking on pretty much every raider

And that's about it in opinion, the rest keep it as true to the original experience as possible.