Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It always has been!

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually love PvP but this expac it's been frustrating. Sick of balance druids, sick of aimed shot through a wall one shotting me. Fucking Kyrians and their stupid wings. Lol

I don't find waiting 3 minutes for 30 seconds of battle fun.

As a DPS arena is fun. As a healer i dislike arena for many years now. The super fast gameplay isnt that fun to handle. RBG is still fun, but arena isnt. Stucking arena on 2k as dps and healer, rbg i often played on 2.2k+/2,5k mmr

I dunno, but back in cata/mop healing in arena felt much more enjoyable, the gameplay was slower, CDs were 2-5 min and not like now, where everyone cam burst every 30-60 seconds... But maybe its just me, or the heal monk that im playing, who istn THAT good some time now.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    WoW PvP?

lolololololololololololololololol

WoW PvP is absolute garbage. Most other MMOs have *far* better PvP. If you think WoW PvP is good, then you are basically admitting that you don't play PvP in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    PvP has never been fun - as in never.
    Pretty much. It's always about picking fotm OP class or comp and steamrolling opponents while if your class isn't OP or doesn't fit into OP comps you are stuck in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I agree, I think PvP is actually pretty good right now all things considered.

People bitching about 1 shots are almost certainly 1600 or lower. The only class in the game that can really randomly one shot someone is Ret Paladin, every other class is super telegraphed and can be countered pretty easily. Of course their teammates can stop you from countering them, but that's kind of the point of PvP, working together to land kills on your opponents.

Honestly I did enjoy PvP a month or so ago when people were closer to 210 ilvl and games lasted around 3-4 minutes, now at 226 we're back to lasting around 5-7 minutes which is slightly longer than I like, but it's still infinitely better than last season when everyone started stacking versatility corruptions.
    I find it cheap to call every complaint you ever see "bitching" especially when it's well known certain situations need addressed as they do indeed cause 1-2 shot deaths. I've been in rated BGs with people significantly higher geared than I am and seen them get wiped by balance druids. it's not really an opinion that some things in SL still need tweaking.

Balance druids make at least casual arena for caps not really enjoyable, waited for the first balance nerfs, tried arena with 210 ilvl and got a few times killed in the 2v2 opening at the 1.8 second mark by a single balance druid (through AMS, AMZ, and IBF, all defensive CDs popped and I still saw back 2 back 2 18k crits in the not even 2 second window).

I enjoyed the same time frame with LEGIONs assassination rogues (they still needed the 10 second mark), I enjoyed early BfA destruction WL but I could deal with it, it was one sided and not balanced but It doesnt took <2 seconds for them.

Who ever thinks arena is currently worth the time and the frustration with balance druids, go ahead and enjoy your burnout in WoW.

I usually enjoy the additional pvp grind every week to get the 1800 / cap game mogs and a few mounts over time, since you cant just spam m+ all day. But shadowlands balance team deserves a big FU for the pvp balance, 1-2 second "one-shot" through 3min/2min/45second stacked cooldowns (=dead without immunity) is the most ridiculous thing I saw in my 1980 days of playtime in WoW.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I'm not sure you even know what you're talking about.
    Anyway, I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Then go back to scripted content?
    Or I could do both since PVP is a big reason why I loved WoW in the first place. PVP has always had struggles with balance but in it's current state it's just ridiculous. I'm allowed to give feedback on the things I do or don't like about a game I pay to play. I don't expect them to listen to me or anything, but if the majority of people feel the same way but never give their feedback Blizzard won't know how to make the game more enjoyable. A game system or style that isn't fun for most people should be improved upon. It's up to the individual to each give their opinion to help them decide what direction is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I'll admit. I was bitching myself.

I do both pvp and pve.
    I have arms for pvp (fury pve) and shadow/holy priest for pve.
    My guild consists of mostly pve carebears and only a couple other guys are interested in pvp.
    Since I have a high ilvl healer priest and am one of the guilds top and most active healers, they constantly nag me to go mythic+, but I insist on doing only a single high key each week.

The problem with pve is that it's monotonous as fuck.
    You go raids and every tactic is the same. Everything happens exactly the same. You don't need to improvise, you know exactly what's going to happen.
    Mythic+ is exactly the same.
    I don't understand people who can constantly farm that.
    I was raiding yesterday and my arena partner whispered me "WTF are we doing here? Let's rage quit and go arenas, it's more fun".

Sure, pvp has popular comps where you know what to expect but these people are not robots.
    They won't always do the same thing. They will improvise, adapt, usually do something unpredictable and force you into adapting and improvising.

We can bitch all we want about class balance and covenants, but we'll still keep pvping.
    PvP is not good.

It's doing better, yes, but it's far from being good. It's understandable that people say it's good because it was complete shit in BFA. Yes it's better than BFA, but PvP is not healthy right now. It's on the right track, but there is still so much that needs to be done.

There are still many many problems that needs to be addressed. The lack of communication is the big one. But also, the lack of tuning. We got some in the past weeks, but it's not enough. Problems are persisting, some people are getting unhappy. And tons of other things.

Also, if you are trying to get positivist here with your message, you came to the wrong place. The PvP community here is filled with casual players, not experienced one. Most people here have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to PvP in WoW. They think running a couple of random bgs and playing games at 1500 rating is what PvP is. Casual players are not really happy with PvP this expansion in general.

Anyway, have a great day!

Its 2021 and people still think PVP in wow is good? Like, do you seriously believe that yourself or its just something you say to prevent some self hate cuz you still do it?

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    PvP is not good.

It's doing better, yes, but it's far from being good. It's understandable that people say it's good because it was complete shit in BFA. Yes it's better than BFA, but PvP is not healthy right now. It's on the right track, but there is still so much that needs to be done.

There are still many many problems that needs to be addressed. The lack of communication is the big one. But also, the lack of tuning. We got some in the past weeks, but it's not enough. Problems are persisting, some people are getting unhappy. And tons of other things.

Also, if you are trying to get positivist here with your message, you came to the wrong place. The PvP community here is filled with casual players, not experienced one. Most people here have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to PvP in WoW. They think running a couple of random bgs and playing games at 1500 rating is what PvP is. Casual players are not really happy with PvP this expansion in general.

Anyway, have a great day!
    lmao it doesnt take a genius or any experienced pvp player to come in and look at the overall state of pvp and make some critiques or suggestions. Many gladiator where once a rbg or 1500 rated player at one time or another
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

I enjoy hearing all these people say Arena is trash and not fun. Right now arena is a ton of fun. The problems currently are the boosts going on in 2s and low 3s. Queued yesterday on an alt at 1700 and faced 6 gladiators and 5 duelists in a row. Impossible to play alts or gear up when you are down 25 item levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    And the point of this thread is...?
    Just to vent and give out their opinion. Practically what MMO-champion is made from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    I enjoy hearing all these people say Arena is trash and not fun. Right now arena is a ton of fun. The problems currently are the boosts going on in 2s and low 3s. Queued yesterday on an alt at 1700 and faced 6 gladiators and 5 duelists in a row. Impossible to play alts or gear up when you are down 25 item levels.
    With me personally I find arena to be just a colossal mess. Go against 2 burst cc classes and you're done in 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Just to vent and give out their opinion. Practically what MMO-champion is made from.

- - - Updated - - -

With me personally I find arena to be just a colossal mess. Go against 2 burst cc classes and you're done in 3s.
    I could understand feeling that way if everyone couldnt do that. Like almost every spec has a huge amount of burst right now and cc to set up burst combos. Can i ask what you are playing where you dont feel like you have a huge burst cc combo?

you are right. the core of wow pvp is so incredibly good that it's always fun regardless of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    I could understand feeling that way if everyone couldnt do that. Like almost every spec has a huge amount of burst right now and cc to set up burst combos. Can i ask what you are playing where you dont feel like you have a huge burst cc combo?
    Play boomkin some times but heal most of the time. Trying 2's is just painful as a druid imo. 3's is a little better but not by much. Why I avoid them and for RBGs.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    WoW PvP?

lolololololololololololololololol

WoW PvP is absolute garbage. Most other MMOs have *far* better PvP. If you think WoW PvP is good, then you are basically admitting that you don't play PvP in other games.
    Can you name them? I've heard GW2 pvp is quite good but other mmos I tried either had poor performance or abysmal pvp playerbase

People are geared now, the games are significantly slower than they were 2 months ago. Probably my favourite season so far

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I agree, I think PvP is actually pretty good right now all things considered.

People bitching about 1 shots are almost certainly 1600 or lower. The only class in the game that can really randomly one shot someone is Ret Paladin, every other class is super telegraphed and can be countered pretty easily. Of course their teammates can stop you from countering them, but that's kind of the point of PvP, working together to land kills on your opponents.

Honestly I did enjoy PvP a month or so ago when people were closer to 210 ilvl and games lasted around 3-4 minutes, now at 226 we're back to lasting around 5-7 minutes which is slightly longer than I like, but it's still infinitely better than last season when everyone started stacking versatility corruptions.
    Ret is also super telegraphed seraphim, wings, etc. its easy to see
    boomie isnt though, incarn is off the gcd, and convoke has a chance to just oneshot people in the first 0.3 seconds