Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my first layer 8 run I got the power that increases damage by 25%, but reduces max health by 12,50% (i think those are the numbers?). Every time you go up a floor you get one more stack of this. By floor 18 this power alone gave me close to 300% damage increase, but a lot less health - which I compensated by getting a ton of health increase powers. Had about 20k health at layer 18.

Combine that with double Convoke powers (100% dmg increase on Convoke), plus 3 50% multipliers, pluss all other powers made last boss die before Convoke ended with over 2m dps.

As a balance druid I love the moon fire > full moon power build. It's great.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk for me ele shaman got faceroll Torghast when i get Earth Elemental CD 1 min, flame shock upgrade to damage tick 80% faster, earth elemental pernament earthquake and lightning bolt / chain lightning powers. Anything else is not worth or based on haste like bloodlust powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    3x Chains of Ice + lots of +1 additional target anima with the easy to get AoE-DeathCoil / AutoHeal with 100% Lichborn uptime is carrying whole groups in corridors.

1-mio DPS while running around with 400-700k hitpoints + autoheal (300k HPS), thats blood DK with chains of ice.

Its not only stupid for 1 player corridors, it breaks even 5 player balance.

Its not even the end of stupid, you can also get 40% damage AoE reflect and the 10% leech/dot that scales with the player hitpoints and everything multiplied with chains 150% bonus. The mob packs die passive, without any major player ability.

You dont even want any defensive anima at this point or the sindragosa/interrupt stun, because it would just slow you down.

Holy shit I completely forgot about that Lichborne + Death Coil power. BRB doing Twisting Corridors.

Havoc immunity during eye beam + enough chance for eye beam to not incur a cd, though requires a lot of luck. Best I got was 4 x 20% chance + 20% from legendary.

Fury Warrior doesn't get anything spectacular in the damage department aside from the already mentioned Condemn ones, but there is a lot of survivability to be had. Unbound Fortitude is even stronger for Fury because it buffs Enraged Regeneration, and then you're running around healing 23% of max health every 3 sec(or even less with the CD reduction power). The power to gain 200% extra damage for 4 seconds after charging or leaping, Throat Bands to debuff enemies with shouts for up to 90% extra damage taken are usually must have, and if I'm lucky and get the Door of Shadow cooldown and cast time reduction, I'll grab the +30% damage taken if you pass through targets with Door. The rest is stacking generic effects until critical mass(my TC run had something insane like +70% damage while enraged from mastery, over 200k health and an ability that gave enemies 50% miss if they were hit by shadow damage, which Condemn does - and over 36% extra crit damage).

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Holy shit I completely forgot about that Lichborne + Death Coil power. BRB doing Twisting Corridors.
    I just use a Death Strike / Lichborn macro it overlaps after 4 reductions and you can endlessly stack +75% death coil/death strike dmg with GREEN ANIMA, it is just ridiculous strong with chains. All you do is chains + death strike/lichborn macro and you kill everything passive while it heals you if needed, again passive. Even if you get nothing else, you finish corridors, if you get the damage reflects ones on top of that, its full passive one shot for everything and the bigger the packs the faster it goes, pulling elite packs on top of a corridors 17 layer 8 boss is just silly fast.

What stacks and what can be ignored:
    https://en.wowhead.com/guides/blood-...ps-shadowlands
    Last edited by Ange; 2021-02-14 at 01:40 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I'm not sure of the Chain Lightning buffs count in Ascendance. Because the spell name changes
    They should, considering the warrior's Execute buffs work for Condemn if you are Venthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That works for ALL death knight specs. Even better if you get Bone Harvester to go along with it for extra damage to mobs AND raising more undead minions as you fight groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    just be a night fae boomy. convoke powers = bosses die within the 4 second window and you can pull entire floors at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Ret Paladin here, the best builds I got involve the Paragon legendary, Paragon power, Smooth Spike, the power that reduces damage during wings, and all the haste I can get. The blood leech power that heals is also nice, decent proc rate. Both paragons increase wing time for each hammer of wrath, smooth spike gives me 4 total charges of it, and haste lowers the recharge time. I built up wings to over 2 minutes before, effectively taking 50% less damage all the time.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2021-02-14 at 03:05 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Yah I got Freezing Wand and 4-5 censers today and finished my first TC run as solo shadow priest. It took hours. (FYI it only drops off a rare lich mini-boss.)

It's really too bad because although it was fun to learn and see the abilities interact as I was doing it myself, now that I know the META, there's about 10 powers I want and 90 I don't care about.

The funny thing is that if only 3 common powers dropped: Endurance, Power Word: Shield shields for 5% of max health, and Power Word: Shield reflects 30% of damage absorbed, every run would be a full clear.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

My Layer 8 floor 18 boss kill as Shadow priest relied on a fairly specific set of powers, on top of general dmg modifiers:

Death Harvester - Each Kill with Shadow Word: Death makes Shadow Word: Death do 5% more damage. That run I think I had 1000% more SW: Death damage
    Catharstick - Stores 20% of the damage you take. Casting Shadow Word: Pain spends all stored damage.
    Red-Hot Mindpokers - The Initial damage of Pain is a guaranteed crit.
    Rat-Corpse Bag - Each mawrat you kill adds a charge to Shadow Word: Death, up to 28 charges.
    Painbreaker Psalm - Shadow Word: Death consumes Shadow Word: Pain.
    Schaden Fluorite - When Pain Expires heal for 10%. (I had a few of these)

The TL;DR version is this:
    Death consumes Pain doing a load of damage to the boss and myself. Since Pain is consumed I heal to full. I refresh Pain which does another ton of damage due to me taking a load of damage from Death. And so the fight goes:

Pain … death … pain … death … PAIN DEATH PAIN DEATH PAIN DEATH …

DK has like one build. The Lichborne cd reduction power and the death coil spam lichborne power. You become pretty much invincible

It's boring as fuck.

I went in as Brewmaster, of course the default is Corrosive Dosage, health and all Touch of Death powers. But also, stack as many haste powers as possible with the talent power for Special Delivery. I was a freaking machine gun of explosive kegs with purifying Brew coming off cd so fast. It was glorious.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk: Corrosive dosage.

Literally doesn't matter what you pick after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a Warlock: Tainted Blood Vial plus Tremorbeast Heart.

Your major big damage spender costing 10% of your health with enough mega-regen to offset the cost. Infinitely spammable Chaos Bolts. So many Hands of Gul'Dan you'll have 70-odd imps trailing behind you. Absolutely broken and epically fun.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Oh really. I wonder what best combinations are for mage to solo all layers in this case, and if you have more gear does it actually count or it’s scaled to your item level?
    Spellweavers Needle: Reducing cooldowns by 1s for each cast during alter time.
    Increase alter time duration by 5s
    Get the "deal damage on crit" and any haste, vers, crit stats you can get.
    Fire juggler
    Increase flow of time by 30% during time warp x 2... i wouldn't recommend higher because it starts to get difficult to react to hot streaks.

These are safe bets and are quite consistent in getting. This is good for both trash packs and bosses due to consistent dmg.
    If you have no other choices getting the invis dmg buff is good as an opener and works well outside of TC. It doesn't help with trash packs and multi-elite packs so I see it as a red-herring because of big numbers blinds people.

Spellweavers mojo is great. But epic so don't rely on it.

For survival more mirror images and barrier increase with triune ward (another epic) is solid.

Thing with mage is that almost every power is good. It's a consistent class that can clear any layer and floor solo.
    Speaking from a fire mages perspective.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    for demonolgy warlock infernal pact

what?
    yeah, infernal pact, thats it, what else do ya want?
    Ye pretty much if you get this early the whole thing becomes a faceroll, I did 430k dps on the last boss in twisting corridors layer 4 and i was still ramping up.

Also if you get Frostchipper with finger-of-frozen-fury or as a frost DK mobs just melt.
    Last edited by Exodeus; 2021-02-15 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I just use a Death Strike / Lichborn macro it overlaps after 4 reductions and you can endlessly stack +75% death coil/death strike dmg with GREEN ANIMA, it is just ridiculous strong with chains. All you do is chains + death strike/lichborn macro and you kill everything passive while it heals you if needed, again passive. Even if you get nothing else, you finish corridors, if you get the damage reflects ones on top of that, its full passive one shot for everything and the bigger the packs the faster it goes, pulling elite packs on top of a corridors 17 layer 8 boss is just silly fast.

What stacks and what can be ignored:
    https://en.wowhead.com/guides/blood-...ps-shadowlands
    Working on a DK alt right now, may have to use this for Torghast.

Shadow, doing Twisting Corridors... stacks of the Dictionary perk to raise int by 5% per WORD spell used [can total 13 word effects, so a single perk can potentially net +75% int]... I had 9 stacks of the perk with 10 words giving me +450% int, along with 60+% Remnant Soul effects, along with the perk to increase int by 30% but not able to jump... I was just melting everything and bosses with high haste to boot.

Regular Torghast, with this week's Specter thing can do some insane damage... had 4 of the 20% faster time perks, a few +25% damage perks, a few DoT perks, some movement speed perks, reduced Wailing CD to to no CD and raised radius range to 25 yards... I was doing massive AoE and ST damage while zipping about.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-02-16 at 03:14 AM.

As monk, the perk that makes vivify deal damage. Since it's common, you can reliably stack it, and it guarantees easy mode. No idea if it works in twisting corridors, though, since I got the mount as a random drop.
    As shadow, honestly, there's nothing very interesting now. You can just get overall increases to damage. Maybe the one that increases SW:P damage and duration (which seems like the most reliable perk overall) combined with SW dealing remaining dot damage, but it's not as good before they "fixed" the interaction of that perk with the one that increases SW damage, stacking.