Poll: Will you still play?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My entire Classic journey was to prepare for TBC... so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    TBC is infinitely better than Vanilla. It will 100% happen too to be announced this BlizzConline.

That being said, I got no interest in returning to them... been there, done that and all.
    Completely agree, can’t think of one thing in TBC I’d want to do again...

Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    Not the guy, but the way I read his point on FMW is that there are mechanics which have been developed and exist (FMW being an example, flying mounts probably another) which Blizz have actively disabled in order to make things take longer.

Classic didn't have any of these 'accelerators', so they couldn't take them away to 'artificially' make things last longer - I don't think anyone would argue that travelling the world in classic was a *much* slower experience, but it was intentionally so, and not as a result of deliberate disabling of mechanics which would allow you to go faster.
    Disabling that is the definition of intentionally making it go slower.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Anyway, a game from 2004 cannot be better than it's 2021 version. You can't ignore 15 years of evolution, some things are way better than before. There is no "better" vanilla.
    This is a matter of opinion, 'better' is subjective, there are measurable things, sure like graphics, but what if I don't care about graphics and enjoy stuff that is no longer present in the game? Even if this is all just because of 'nostalgia' the older game could still be 'better' to me.

I haven't played SL, but I did play Vanilla -> BFA (except Cataclysm), and classic. I really enjoyed classic, and I also enjoyed BFA, I'd struggle to say which one was better though, they're almost no longer the same game.

I really enjoyed both, but that's just my opinion - everyone can have one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Disabling that is the definition of intentionally making it go slower.
    Yes, I agree, my intention was to agree with the the point being made about them deliberately making the game slower!

I wouldn't see any point playing classic without any form of possible progression. After all its a RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I like it, I'm kind of burnt out. All raids done on several characters.

I would atleast need a lengthy break before I played normal classic again.

Luckily TBC is all but guaranteed.

Yes, I agree, my intention was to agree with the the point being made about them deliberately making the game slower!
    Shorter between flight paths kinda wants to argue with you there. Like. You save maybe 10-20 seconds every few days where you need that whistle?

Not sure if that can really be surmized as the game being slower oO

Oh look at another thread that asks a question that everyone turns into a "I don't like this one so everyone doesn't like it" thread.

I played Classic and beat the game. Like most video games once I beat the game I tend to play it less. Sure the guild still logs in for PVP night or two a week and I join in but the game is finished. Doesn't mean its a bad game. All games end. TBC means I get to continue the game so sure I will move on to TBC and I don't see a huge reason to go back and do PVP night in Classic anymore. Granted some will and I am totally cool with it. It is possible if the option is available I will do it jus to play with folks that didn't move on. Just like I have do with Shadowlands when it came out. I went and played it but still go back to PVP night in Classic. No one is right or wrong in how they do it. It is just preference. Why people in the game have this hard on for which is better and of course it is the way they choose it to be is beyond me. Probably a sign of serious insecurity.

ill probably play private servs then, definitely won't be playing retail or classic.

Anyway, a game from 2004 cannot be better than it's 2021 version. You can't ignore 15 years of evolution, some things are way better than before. There is no "better" vanilla.
    Vanilla dungeons and raids are boring and too easy for 2021. Leveling is tedious and boring, itemization sucks. Most specs are not viable. Mages and healers spend 20 % of their ingame time drinking... How can this be better than any modern wow.

a lvl 10 MM+ key is already more fun and actually harder than any vanilla content... mm0 bosses have more mechanics than vanilla raid bosses

Back in 2004 traveling an entire continent without loading time was amazing... it was new and shiny. 15 years later, not so much
    Just cause something has "evolved" doesn't necessary make it better, there are plenty examples of things that have been mistreated and deteriorated (Game of Thrones' latter seasons as an example). There are definitely some gameplay elements that have improved. But much has also been lost. My main gripe with retail is the loss of (server) community, everything feels so anonymous it's like comparing a big city (retail) with a small cozy town (classic).

If you want as challenging content as possible retail will always be the better fit, but the game is so much more than encounter design.

I think the long travel times on classic are much better than retail where travelling the world has been reduced to HS'ing to an area with portals and then taking a series of portals to appear at your chosen location. Whereas in classic travelling gives you a sense of scale and the world feels connected and more immersive.

Much of what makes classic great is actually the little periods of downtime such as mana breaks in dungeons, they give you time to socialize and meet new people. Whereas retail is constant endless action without much room for anything other than pressing your rotation.

3+ Year Old Account
    No way. Already been there, done that twice and I don't really like class imbalance in Classic, wbuff meta and the terrible PvP system. If there is no TBC (which there will be) I would quit Classic forever and back to Retail occasionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, real talk, I'm not even sure I'd play TBC.

I stopped playing Classic after hitting level 40. I had the nostalgia moments, got my fill of it back in 2007, so didn't feel the need to revisit it into the endgame.

If I got to start at like level 50 or something, I'd maybe level a character to 70 in TBC, but if it's "start from level 1 again" it's going to suck. It's almost certainly going to be for Draenei and Blood Elf characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    No,I've done the raids, topped damage meters, got some t3 pieces, but im not gonna do this forever, it was fun
    Yeah that's my experience. I might persist another month (or three) to try and finish of KT with my guild, but can see interest is starting to slowly wane. Its been a great 18+ months, but its coming to its logical conclusion.

Blizzard would be insane not to launch TBC, but Activision pulls the strings and maybe its not profitable enough for them.

Vanilla dungeons and raids are boring and too easy for 2021. Leveling is tedious and boring, itemization sucks. Most specs are not viable. Mages and healers spend 20 % of their ingame time drinking... How can this be better than any modern wow.

a lvl 10 MM+ key is already more fun and actually harder than any vanilla content... mm0 bosses have more mechanics than vanilla raid bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Back in 2004 traveling an entire continent without loading time was amazing... it was new and shiny. 15 years later, not so much
    Did you mean to quote me? Nothing I said put vanilla over retail. I think retail is the better game

Already stopped now that Naxx is done.

To me the game is “over” so I don’t feel a desire to play.

Irrelevant question. There's a greater chance the Sun will explode tomorrow than they're not releasing TBC servers.

They clearly advertised classic as vanilla forever and not a reboot that keep progressing. When did that change?

Yes, because i played this shit and i dont stuck in the past, because i like new things.

Classic didn't have a lot of content to begin with and now that it's all done there's really no reason to keep going.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the big thing in that case is what happens to Classic. If they abandon it as it is now, no. If they wipe it and start over, maybe but probably not. If they do Classic+ maybe, true maybe.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)