Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's just fun with numbers, and we all know Blizzard would rather keep the 60 people that aren't foaming at the mouth constantly over other people getting things in a video game.
    Thankfully, you're right. But then those 20 mythic raiders insist on gatekeeping and bullying people who use LFR then wonder why the community has become so terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Alienating people isn't the way to go.

Some people love their hardcore raid exclusivity and that's fine. They have classic. We who just want to be included have retail.
    Bring back meaningful world first titles and challenge mode dungeons then. not the mythic + dungeon shit show and mythic raids that a minuscule part of the community every participate in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Thankfully, you're right. But then those 20 mythic raiders insist on gatekeeping and bullying people who use LFR then wonder why the community has become so terrible.
    I wonder how Devs feel about the mythic community honestly. They aren't all bad obviously, but the vocal amongst them have made them seem like a really ungrateful group, they're a sliver of the games population but they get their own difficulty and stuff, then they turn around and just shit on the rest of the game and its community. I would have pulled the plug years ago.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2021-02-16 at 02:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This debate is still going on almost 10 years later? Good god, don't you people have anything better to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    This debate is still going on almost 10 years later? Good god, don't you people have anything better to do?
    10 year debate and the only comment you have to add is this one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    10 year debate and the only comment you have to add is this one?
    10 year debate on the same talking points? Yes. Nothing new has been added to the discussion as far as I can see. I'll gladly point out how odd that is.

I wonder how Devs feel about the mythic community honestly. They aren't all bad obviously, but the vocal amongst them have made them seem like a really ungrateful group, they're a sliver of the games population but they get their own difficulty and stuff, then they turn around and just shit on the rest of the game and its community. I would have pulled the plug years ago.
    Same. Arena players and mythic raiders are legitimately the most toxic human beings I've ever enecountered in my life. Blizzard should just remove Mythic and stop catering to those assholes.

i mean maybe the vocal ones on the forums but the same can be said for literally every section of the games community

you get lfr players screeching about mythic being removed and how everything should be in a dungeon finder system because they dont have time to get into a run and dont want to make a group

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i mean maybe the vocal ones on the forums but the same can be said for literally every section of the games community

you get lfr players screeching about mythic being removed and how everything should be in a dungeon finder system because they dont have time to get into a run and dont want to make a group
    To be honest why not make every difficulty puggable ie use the same autojoin system for normal, heroic and mythic, ranked arenas, battlegrounds etc. There is no argument to not have that option, ofc if the manual join and forming groups would also be an option.

Options are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    To be honest why not make every difficulty puggable ie use the same autojoin system for normal, heroic and mythic, ranked arenas, battlegrounds etc. There is no argument to not have that option, ofc if the manual join and forming groups would also be an option.

Options are good.
    Would there be requirements to join the queue? If so ppl would argue that its not accessible enough. If not, people would argue its too hard because they're grouped with a 350 io demo lock who has 197 ilvl

The problem with raid difficulties is that mythic is old heroic, heroic is old normal and normal is old LFR. Now you have LFR below that which is completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    The problem with raid difficulties is that mythic is old heroic, heroic is old normal and normal is old LFR. Now you have LFR below that which is completely useless.
    Completely useless to you.*

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post

Options are good.
    the reasoning against heroic or even normal being available in an auto grouping system are mechanics

theres a reason lfr has fewer mechanics than normal

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Legion and Battle for Azeorth exist. Honestly i had a lot of fun in WoD, maybe the last time i've truly had fun playing this game.
    Fun is subjective. Not having content is not subjective, and what little content you had, a majority of it was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You know, there was a time where people pugged raids before LFR existed. There's so much information out there now about raiding, improving, learning the game that there's never been fewer barriers to entry other than personal responsibility
    yeah and people successfully pug heroic week 1 nowadays too, where there is a will there is a way. but that's hardly an argument against a guaranteed to get in story mode version.

by all means make the reward from LFR lower ilvl to help with ilvl inflation or even make the rewards tmog only (though that ship has sailed tbh, its squish every 2 expansions now), but there is no good argument against not having a story mode other than design philosophy. (and that ship sailed years ago too.)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-LFR threads are superfluous and meaningless.

Let people have options. Does the very existence of something you don’t like offend you this much?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I completely understand why LFR exists

I would still remove it in a heartbeat. Players can search the Raid Finder tool for pug normal groups and achieve the same outcome.
    Except they can't. LFG tool only works for world bosses. Rest you would see the same exclusion that you see in Mythic + and raiding. ilvl above content / Fotm spec and or achievements required to get in for dps players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Fun is subjective. Not having content is not subjective, and what little content you had, a majority of it was cut.
    What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That's just statistics that doesn't really prove the comments true about removing lfr making people go to harder content. Sure the statistics would show they make up 50% of the playerbase but now that playerbase is MUCH smaller. Statistics will also show that if you have 25 men and 25 women in a room, statistically everyone has one testicle.
    There's enough of a playerbase that runs normal/heroic/mythic that if lfr were to be removed WoW could still be healthy. Plus there would be a small influx of lfr heros moving on to normal raiding once they realize it's not that hard to find a guild that raids when you can, and won't hold you to a commitment to attendance.

I don't like raiding, I like PvP. I do like to see the story content though. So, I like LFR for that reason. Seems I'm not alone.