Balance starsurge very low hits

Hi All,

When I look at the logs I notice my starsurge is hitting a lot less than other people on a similar ilvl.

I have the same number of casts but the average cast is 9.8k and average hit 8.1k, looking at other logs I see 20k+ average cast / hits. Same builds, talents etc. I cast on the legendary proc unless I'm danger of over capping.

Could this be purely down to trinkets / procs of other things?

It needs to be combined with Celestial Alignment and an intellect potion. Additionally in mythic+ runs the Prideful buff on keys 10 or higher contributes alot of damage to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frai85 View Post
    It needs to be combined with Celestial Alignment and an intellect potion. Additionally in mythic+ runs the Prideful buff on keys 10 or higher contributes alot of damage to this.
    If I look at CA only starsurges and compare it's still incredible low, yes they are being cast in CA but not hitting very hard. Very odd.

Do you have the 650 mastery on use trinket? SSurges will hit quite hard with this.

The answer probably comes down to them optimizing their gear and you are not.

Without a link to your armory we can't really say.

Yes, a strong on-use will add 600-800 mastery, a 20+% dmg increase

No logs no armory no nothing. TL;DR Play better and get better gear.

Thanks for input guys, the on use mastery was key - haven't got the bell but the quantum seems to proc mastery most of the time.

A note to the other demanding and deeming the lack of armory / logs - really? Just a little advice on why something might or might not be happening is all that's needed sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by faxfan2002 View Post
    Thanks for input guys, the on use mastery was key - haven't got the bell but the quantum seems to proc mastery most of the time.

A note to the other demanding and deeming the lack of armory / logs - really? Just a little advice on why something might or might not be happening is all that's needed sometimes.
    They were made for a reason, to track issues and fix them.

Else you would only play a guessing game of maybes and perhaps.
    Edit Signature.

Trinkets are a very important source of damage for dps. Are you using Inscrutable?

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is you are exaggerating the numbers a bit. The top shriekwing log has a 226 druid with an average SS hit of about 14k. If you are asking why your SS isn't hitting hard I can I assume you're much under that gear level. Link to a log and we can easily tell you the issue (assuming there is one).

Most probably you aren't dumping 3 SS right at the start of your BoAT window. There are very few instances where you'd be at risk of overcapping to the point of needing to cast a fourth SS outside of BoAT and maximizing that is a very small dps increase. If you only cast 3 SS during your BoAT window and never cast an SS outside of that window, you'll be alright.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by RainL View Post
    Trinkets are a very important source of damage for dps. Are you using Inscrutable?
    He doesn't want Inscrutable, he wants the Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    He doesn't want Inscrutable, he wants the Bell.
    Aye, Inscrutable and Ordnance is farmable though. Bell not so much.