Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Lmao Activision in it's last report even said Classic continues to be a success. More ppl raid log Nax on classic then CN in Shadowlands
    Why are we aiming so low?

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    Agreed. LMAO

OP really makes no sense..

We WANT the game that was back in 2008 we don't want 2021's version of it.
    I'm not saying i agree with either of you, but unless you have some statistics to back that up its a logical fallacy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Lmao Activision in it's last report even said Classic continues to be a success. More ppl raid log Nax on classic then CN in Shadowlands
    Source on this?

My only request that doesn't sound game-breaking would be dual spec. Every class has at least two very viable specs to play around with in PvE/PvP environments.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm not saying i agree with either of you, but unless you have some statistics to back that up its a logical fallacy

- - - Updated - - -

Source on this?
    I can’t comment on the “more classic players than CN” but they for sure said classic was the main drive for the high numbers and the sustaining of these high sub numbers throughout a whole “non expansion” year, as well as for the period after an expansion release.

https://investor.activision.com/stat...c-2b6182e48c7f

Ctrl+F “classic”

Before anyone tries to misread what I said, I am not claiming they said classic has more subs than retail, but that classic is the reason for sustaining a record high number of subs in the last 10 years.

Agreed. LMAO

OP really makes no sense..

More like we want the 2021 version of it but not the tryhard mob that follows (aka problem is the players not the game ^^)

OT: for me, current servers stay 60 forever and they make fresh BC server where you can't transfert but can start at 58 with 50g.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    Upgrade the existing servers to TBC with no changes.
    They will have character copies or transfers to separate TBC servers, they want to preserve each version they release and upgrading all the Classic servers would be a spit in the face of those who wanted and faught for Classic in the first place.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best case I think is now that they have actual patch backups they're no longer largely guessing at what things were like in each phase and we just straight up get the patches (in their finished post-hotfixes form anyway) in order.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    You want. Don't speak for the entire community please.
    And YOU want a weird amalgamation of retail and TBC. Don't speak for the entire community please.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    For me it's new servers and slight tuning changes so that the game is now appropriately tuned for the 2021 playerbase.

Just rolling out the same product that worked in 2008 is not acceptable and could end up being a disappointment just like classic. Who really wants to see speedruns or raids as soon as they're out?
    I do hope that Blizzard roll out TBC by means of an opt-in system. That is, WoW Classic servers are not forced to TBC; rather, players choose by opt-in to play TBC. This could be by means of a server x-fer, or fresh TBC servers (or, a combination of such options).

That they don't do it because it'll turn into an elitefest like classic did.
    RETH

3+ Year Old Account
    Thread arguments aside, I think this is the best case scenario:

-Outside of the Normal/PvP/RP/RPPvP server split, servers would be subdivided into Fresh servers, and servers where people could copy their Classic characters.
    -Due to the inevitable population drop that Classic would experience with BC servers splitting some of the community off, some low-pop servers would start to merge.
    -The game is released in 4 phases: up to Hyjal, BT, ZA, and Sunwell/Magister's Terrace.
    -Arena seasons follow the 4 phases. What happens at the end, I can't really comment on for sure. I think that will be one of the big decisions for Blizzard to make, and I have no cut-and-dry idea of how this should, or will work.
    -Ideally, each phase has its respective tuning, abilities, etc. But I could see a Classic-style situation where everything retains 2.4 tuning, which is more realistic.
    -Going off of the previous, raids keep their original phase's tuning. Again, most likely they just go with 2.4 tuning and call it a day.
    -Unlocking stuff in Sunwell Isle works similarly to how it worked back in the day, albeit with catchup later on for low-pop servers, akin to how the AQ gates worked.

i just dont see them running 5 versions of the game.
    They will do that because it brings far more value to their overpriced subscription fee. The more stuff you get for that fee the better the value. In all honesty if they want to compete with similar services like gamepass all of their launcher games should be available with that sub fee.

10+ Year Old Account

Mostly, yes. But I could see a little tuning around the edges. For example, they launched requiring revered faction rep to get the key for heroic versions of the dungeons. They later dropped that to honored. I could see them launching with it at honored. I don't thing they need to, or should, slavishly imitate what happened patch by patch (esp since 2.2 was a disaster).

I think the more interesting decisions are around things like dual spec. This didnt exist in TBC at all. But it was painful and expensive for tanks and healers to respec for open world farming etc. Even if you just wanted to PVP, you likely didnt want to go as a prot warrior, but arms or fury. Adding dual spec fixed that... but should they add it for TBC? I'm on the fence. On the one hand, "no" is an easy answer - it wasn't in TBC, should not be in classic TBC. On the other, it's not a game play change that affects power so I don't see it having knock on effects on encounters etc.

Go full old-school Ultima Online - no instanced separation, no pk switch. That Alliance raid party about to hit the Black Temple could be wiped out by the Horde and all their gear taken. Or ignore factions and just make everyone outside a city subject to pkiller gangs who can take everything they own.

Old UO, that's the real "classic" game.

not having t5 raids on release, rest shouldn't be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just dont see them running 5 versions of the game.
    We will see at least 4: Retail, Classic, TBC and WOTLK.

No need to do Cataclysm and later since that's still currently available.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely disagree with OP. People want #nochanges - hell, Classic got a massive change: bigger servers, which led to the disastrous game we got.

People just want to play an official TBC. Nothing more. Warts and all. People who want something else that isn't TBC can fuck off.

For me the best sollution would be that all the classic realms move on to tbc. Just like its been 2007. In addition a set of new classic realms launches.

The classic community has been switching to a new server every now and then in the past (whenever a new big project emerged). A fresh start is allways a big event.
    All the people that want to move on can do so with their current characters, while the people that only want to play classic can come together on fresh servers.

But thats just me. I gues from an objectiv point of view it would be best to find out which playerbase is bigger: The "We-want-to-stay-classic-forrever" or the "We-want-to-move-on-to-TBC" and then decide what to do. Lets hope they used their survey-results wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Completely disagree with OP. People want #nochanges - hell, Classic got a massive change: bigger servers, which led to the disastrous game we got.

People just want to play an official TBC. Nothing more. Warts and all. People who want something else that isn't TBC can fuck off.
    Seems pretty silly to me to justify "#nochanges" for TBC, blaming the "disatrous game" onto the an issue that is very difficult to control: Server population.

It's not like this issue didn't exist back in the day, it's just there was no alternative like layering, due to the nature of Classic, opening 10+ servers at a whim and offering free character transfer isn't the magic solution.
    You're then stuck with hour long queues, which quite frankly cannot be seen as a good thing in any circumstance, nor is something that Blizzard will want to do, because it literally prevents you from playing your characters.

Those Megaservers exist because for the same reason why Classic has "changed": The community is nowadays different, they know that transferring to another server can have serious drawbacks, nevermind that Classic players now are far more organized than back in the day, you most likely have more players in a guild in Classic than in Vanilla, where the "lone wolf" was more common.
    And the organized players are even less likely to transfer unless the entire guild moves.

I consider stuff like Batching, Melee leeway or Worldbuffs worse, which precisely happened because of "#no changes" and actually can be resolved without any massive drawbacks.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-02-18 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    That they don't do it because it'll turn into an elitefest like classic did.
    Hmmm, what stopped you in Classic from finding like-minded people that didn't want "an elitefest" and only play with them?
    I mean if this forum is representative of the player-base then the vast majority of the players don't want an elitefest and it should be no problem to find like-minded people.