Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Did you submit a question and what was it?

I'm curious how many of the "connected masses" here put in their Blizzconline Q+A questions, what formats they used, and what their questions were!

I asked about my one major strumping point with the game in two different formats, I asked in text and with an audio twitter post (https://twitter.com/omedon666/status...608193537?s=20) about the disparity of overworld soloability between various specs.

What about you? Any questions you feel you can condense down to a suitable question? I kinda rambled in my voice post but I couldn't help it! What's your issue you feel is worth throwing your name in the hat?

I asked what the Unshackled are doing in Durotar right now. Though I suspect they will only answer shadowlands related questions, but I want to see gilgoblins playable at some point. Pretty sure they are going to get dozens of allied race questions so I am not getting my hopes up they will answer.

I asked about thirty questions but most of them were about that poop that came out sideways. As you know poop cannot come out sideways, so I need them to clarify this massive plot hole for me.

How would the team feel about having class Covenant abilities being carried over to future expansions for our characters to use instead of being another borrowed power for just that expansion?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I imagine they have a list of things they want to talk about and then pick the questions that fit the answers they have prepared.

I asked why the Tinker class hasnt been introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I imagine they have a list of things they want to talk about and then pick the questions that fit the answers they have prepared.
    Pretty much. Just another opportunity to hit talking points.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Pretty much. Just another opportunity to hit talking points.
    Dont forget, they will add in one "oh wow didnt expect that question, thats a tough one" question touching on a "controversial" topic, which they probably wrote themselves and obviously have a scripted and well thought out answer for ready to go.

I suspect it will be something about their obvious coming push into the mobile market, and how we shouldn't be afraid about them neglecting PC.

The questions will all be pre-selected by the devs, written by the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I love when the expansion is suffering under a heavy weight of issues and "wtf"s, and they spend time answering a question about pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Pretty much this. Will be scripted

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I love when the expansion is suffering under a heavy weight of issues and "wtf"s, and they spend time answering a question about pet battles.
    I remember a Q&A during the absolute worst of BfA, and i was taking a break at the time and wanted to see if any of the things i wasnt happy about were being addressed. They spent over half the Q&A talking about hair cuts and irl haircuts and lores funny hair and cultural diversity in WoW and diversity in the workforce and LGBQT stuff in game and.....basically any topic that didnt have any bearing at all on gameplay.

I asked, "Why isn't the year 2010 and the name of the expansion still Wrath of the Lich King?"

I didn't, & haven't for years. The questions are so heavily curated that the idea of asking anything remotely interesting & getting it answered is ruled out from the get-go. Might as well not bother unless you're asking about stuff like transmog. Only thing interesting about Blizzcon is the opening ceremony (for reveals) & Starcraft II.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Lol, pretty much this. I'm so glad I skipped most of BfA, even if I ended up having to do most of it to get my fecking power for Nyalotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I didn't, & haven't for years. The questions are so heavily curated that the idea of asking anything remotely interesting & getting it answered is ruled out from the get-go.
    There's a reason they're heavily curated. Because 95% of them are questions like, "Why won't you add badge gear back to the game?" or some variation of questioning Ion's mental faculties. This community doesn't like its devs and the devs don't like communicating with the community because most players would rather commiserate with one another over how much they hate the game they once loved than apply critical thinking to the challenges the game faces and ask for well-reasoned feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's a reason they're heavily curated. Because 95% of them are questions like, "Why won't you add badge gear back to the game?" or some variation of questioning Ion's mental faculties. This community doesn't like its devs and the devs don't like communicating with the community because most players would rather commiserate with one another over how much they hate the game they once loved than apply critical thinking to the challenges the game faces and ask for well-reasoned feedback.
    Oh no doubt there's a hell of a lot of shit to sift through to get to a well thought out & relevant question, but those weekly developer Q&As where the main topics were transmog/allied races while the systems were fundamentally flawed & drawing the ire of the majority of the higher-end PvE playerbase? Some of them just felt genuinely insulting, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Oh no doubt there's a hell of a lot of shit to sift through to get to a well thought out & relevant question, but those weekly developer Q&As where the main topics were transmog/allied races while the systems were fundamentally flawed & drawing the ire of the majority of the higher-end PvE playerbase? Some of them just felt genuinely insulting, honestly.
    Those topics aren't really suited for a standard Q&A I think. They're more developer watercooler discussions and I think Blizzard stopped doing those because of the sheer amounts of promised ponies players would infer from them.

Where souls from alternate timelines go when they die?

Is Gul'dan in the Shadowlands twice? What about Archimonde? Velen? Is Grommash's skin in the Shadowlands green or brown? If there were "countless timelines" where Garrosh was a hero, does that mean there is a Kyrian Garrosh somewhere?

I hate this.

Why do the Bronze Dragonflights care about the Caverns of Time timelines if they would just create alternates? Why not just let the Infinites do their thing?

This is the worst.

Why are there multiple Draenors, but not multiple Arguses? What is the cosmic deciding factor?

Why add sand trolls and Wildhammer dwarves as skins, but not Dragonmaw orcs? Are they no longer members of the Horde?

In a game where gear progression is the goal, why is gear progression limited to M+ and raiders? Why are valour points, originally intended as a way for everyone to progress, limited to M+ and raiders? Does WoW no longer want casuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    This, sadly.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    My question (paraphrasing) in text format: Where the hell is StarCraft. Will we ever revisit the Koprulu sector on any platform? Should the short story releases give SC fans hope that the franchise isn't permanently dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.