Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LFR is for grabbing a couple more pieces for alts/catch ups before you do Normal/mid keys, getting the story done, and experiencing lite versions of the fight. It's fine as is

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    What facts are you even talking about?
    No content? What content we did have was severely lacking? BRF was the only positive?

What magical content does WoD have that I'm not remembering?

Quote Originally Posted by Marakara View Post
    LFR is for grabbing a couple more pieces for alts/catch ups before you do Normal/mid keys, getting the story done, and experiencing lite versions of the fight. It's fine as is
    For me, its exactly this. I dont think I completed a single LFR in legion or BFA, because I was not interested, and was more than capable of doing normal / heroic clears even on alts. Now that im a dirty filthy causal, for the first time in years, I queued up and ran the current raid in LFR. On an alt, and it was fine. I probably wont go back, but it was fine.

To be clear though, although thats how WE view LFR, there are others who view it differently. For some, its their main gameplay mode - while we all sit down at our scheduled raid time and meet up with our raid team and go prog in normal/heroic/mythic, there are others who sit down at the same or similar time each week, because thats their "free time", and queue up for LFR with a group of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Video games with real aspects that folks can struggle with. In a sense that's exactly what you're advocating for, removing something that helps someone.
    The sensitivity is deeper than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloish View Post
    The sensitivity is deeper than I thought
    Says the guy crying abt ppl getting 187 ilvl loot takes away from his experience. Suck it up cupcake lmao.

As a cyclist, children riding bikes with training wheels takes away from my experience.

As Michael Phelps, babies wearing floating takes away from my experience.

As a mathematician, kids learning addition takes away from my experience.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2021-02-16 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    People miss the point. The purpose of LFR is not to gear up, it'a purpose is for everyone to see the raid and conclude the storylines without having to rely on youtube as not everyone can commit to a raid schedule .. and pugs ... well are just toxic to the causals.
    I really wish Blizzard would realize the solution isn't to let everyone into raids, but instead to conclude storylines outside of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I really wish Blizzard would realize the solution isn't to let everyone into raids, but instead to conclude storylines outside of them.
    It's not just that. Imagine pumping a lot of money into raids and only part of the playerbase gets to see and experience them, for no particular reason. Bosses themselves as pixels have no value. Denathrius standing in a room on mythic has no more value than on lfr. It's a boss in the room. Now killing it and looting it what makes it a feat.
    The more people gets to experience the raid environment, the better. It means money well spent because everyone can see it if they wish.

The entire game is superfluous and meaningless, why are you applying it to only LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Says the guy crying abt ppl getting 187 ilvl loot takes away from his experience. Suck it up cupcake lmao.

As a cyclist, children riding bikes with training wheels takes away from my experience.

As Michael Phelps, babies wearing floating takes away from my experience.

As a mathematician, kids learning addition takes away from my experience.
    What is it with forum posters and always calling other opinions ‘crying’? Lol is this your way of defending your own opinion by acting like the other person is crying?

I literally just gave my opinion, why I think it’s bad for the game, and that’s it.

Also your comparisons are truly terrible
    Last edited by Diabloish; 2021-02-16 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Its not fun for you. Its fun for others.
    This game has millions of players so I'm sure some actually enjoy LFR, but I imagine it is a vanishingly small percentage of the people that actually do it. Of course I have no way to substantiate that with actual metrics, so /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is so people can see and experience the raids. If you are doing it solely for the gear you are wasting your time. Do I wish it was a bit more involved? Sure. That said trying to wrangle a bunch of randoms and get them to do mechanics is difficult especially in WoW because the community just has zero patience anymore. Can it be done? Of course it can. I've seen it many times where someone will step up and become raid lead and actually explain the fights and let people know what they need to do an actually let people practice a bit. But those runs are/were few and far between because the moment you wipe once multiple people leave.

To get back to the actual topic though. LFR is fine. It fits its intended purpose of letting people experience the raids who likely otherwise wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This game has millions of players so I'm sure some actually enjoy LFR, but I imagine it is a vanishingly small percentage of the people that actually do it. Of course I have no way to substantiate that with actual metrics, so /shrug.
    Speaking only for myself, I enjoy the raids most in LFR.

-LFR lets me into the raid when I want to, no questions asked. No humans to stand at the gates yelling "you shall not pass!"
    -If necessary I can leave without feeling guilty, say if something RL comes up.
    -I can kick back, enjoy the scenery without worrying about meeting some standard or judgment from other players.
    -No overly complex mechanics or dance to worry about, I can just relax and enjoy the boss fight without having to play DDR.
    -No discord chatter to drown out the music and dialogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    That WoD is the worst expansion factually?
    But it's not. That's a tie between BfA, Shadowlands and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I personally thought Legion was the best expansion. Before that it was WotLK. But Legion had so much going on, was never bored, and I thought it was just plain well made.

What they should have done is not included LFR in cataclysm and then included it in Pandaria so they could position it baseline. Do similar to final fantasy now where the random version is essentially normal and the assumed way you're going to do the content, and then you have the higher ones for people who want to do it without making that the emphasis or the goal; it's just there for the small group of people that want to do it but the "default" way is via "LFR".

That would have gone a long way to making it a little more mainstream and accepted. A big part of the problem is they positioned it out of the blue and gave it the immediate stigma of being an easy mode so the wow community being who they are used it to look down on people. If they had held off and included it as an assumed way that most people are expected to use it would have been better

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    How so? How does the expansion with no content is better than Legion, BFA, and one that's not done?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I personally thought Legion was the best expansion. Before that it was WotLK. But Legion had so much going on, was never bored, and I thought it was just plain well made.
    I feel legion is awful but only because that is when they started to turn wow into a glorified Diablo by adding all this time gating and borrowed power and M+ greater rifts torment system crap. I would take WOD any day of the week over this new design of the game. For all of its flaws warlords at least still felt like wow not Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    People miss the point. The purpose of LFR is not to gear up, it'a purpose is for everyone to see the raid and conclude the storylines without having to rely on youtube as not everyone can commit to a raid schedule .. and pugs ... well are just toxic to the causals.
    Some people do not like to share. Raiding in the past has been rather exclusive and limited to a selective small percentage of the total player base. I guess some people wants a return to that exclusivity.

Raids being exclusive is not something I am totally against if it is only a small portion of the overall contents released by Blizzard. Unfortunately it is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    It's not just that. Imagine pumping a lot of money into raids and only part of the playerbase gets to see and experience them, for no particular reason. Bosses themselves as pixels have no value. Denathrius standing in a room on mythic has no more value than on lfr. It's a boss in the room. Now killing it and looting it what makes it a feat.
    The more people gets to experience the raid environment, the better. It means money well spent because everyone can see it if they wish.
    Kinda, but I feel that money and time would be better spent in the open world. Leave raids as optional end-game challenges for the best gear, rather than the climax of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloish View Post
    What is it with forum posters and always calling other opinions ‘crying’? Lol is this your way of defending your own opinion by acting like the other person is crying?

I literally just gave my opinion, why I think it’s bad for the game, and that’s it.

Also your comparisons are truly terrible
    The same thing with posters trying to remove content that affects them in no way except their "feels". You think ppl doing easy content takes away from harder content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I believe you can compare achieves and find out how many do what