Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    every year going forward they will inject more and more politics into the event because of the blitzchung backlash. ironically, the politics will be in line with china in some way. while they continue to amp up politics in game and at blizzcon, they will clamp down ever harder on players discussing it anywhere. (much like china would do).
    Much like facebook, twitter, Biden would do.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Wow needs a serious shakeup to make it interesting. I think a lot of people are realizing that if SL is the best they can dress up the current systems, then something needs to change.

Not that I expect that in a 9.X patch, but just adding a new raid / dungeon / quests is getting tiresome at this point. If I don't see anything resembling mage-tower level brilliance or transmog at Blizzcon, I can pretty much consider this expac as not worth coming back to.
    I dont really think WoW needs something fancy anytime soon. Just do the same solid thing over and over is enough. A solid production cycle may seem mundane but it's problably the most important thing to the health of the game, not some specific design decision. People are caught up in the moment too much. WoW will go through the same cycle of peaking at the start then hit the lowest at the end of the xpac for the next 5 years. Blizzard already recognized that cycle.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2021-02-17 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...other than the ppl who bought SL (approx 4 million) but as replies in other posts showed, apparently WoW is again "bleeding subs" and close to shutting down.

Business as usual and Blizzard about to basically shut down soon because nobody ever plays their game(s).

Hosting Blizzcon is just a waste of money - they just didn't get the message yet. Something..something.... just churning out last ditch effort desperate cash grabs

Also "Leaks"? LMFAO...like the ones we get pre-next x-pac with the most ridiculous made-up-shit?
    good thing we have detectives like you to tell us when blizz will shut down. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    warcraft 3 reformed
    warcraft 3 resmithed
    warcraft 3 recrafted
    warcraft 3 redone
    warcraft 3 remake
    warcraft 3 remade
    I cant wait for Warcraft 3 reformed, resmithed,recrafted, redone, remake, remade THE REMASTERED edition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I dont really think WoW needs something fancy anytime soon. Just do the same solid thing over and over is enough. A solid production cycle may seem mundane but it's problably the most important thing to the health of the game, not some specific design decision. People are caught up in the moment too much. WoW will go through the same cycle of peaking at the start then hit the lowest at the end of the xpac for the next 5 years. Blizzard already recognized that cycle.
    yeah they dont need to change wow all that much. They have something that clearly works and even though it has its ups and downs, it brings steady income. Players do play.

They should instead creating something new. Not polish what they have more.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This strategy would be REALLY retarded, either forcing classic players to upgrade to BC OR restart on another server. They'd much rather ust start new BC servers, then new WOTLK servers, with the option to transfer chars.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    They will tease/show Arthas for 9.1

Bookmark this.
    Yeah what they do with this will be interesting. Logically you'd think they're turning Anduin into the new Arthas, or reviving the old Arthas with Anduin... but Sylvanas would require an entirely new backstory / retcon to go along with that. Literally her whole character was "revenge on Arthas" then when she saw Bolvar on the throne "find a way to destroy the LK concept" which led her here. It's already borderline nonsensical.

People would hate it, but I wouldn't be surprised if we found out Sylvanas has been in the Maw since she suicided after WotLK and the Sylvanas we've seen since is an imposter / Jailer pawn.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    As fake as this might be, I can see it happening, and when we get cata classic, we will get classic classic honestly, if they was going to do the "Classic" route id prefer them to stop at Wrath and not do any more as much as i love MOP id hate for them to split the team, I want my wow focus to be on making content for retail not Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    As fake as this might be, I can see it happening, and when we get cata classic, we will get classic classic honestly, if they was going to do the "Classic" route id prefer them to stop at Wrath and not do any more as much as i love MOP id hate for them to split the team, I want my wow focus to be on making content for retail not Classic
    dont bother with retail
    its beyond saving

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I dissagree, the cracks start to show that new raids, new quests and new dungeons are just not worth it and the same thing we have been doing are not that great anymore.

It does needs something fancy and it shows in shadowlands imo. If the cycle is the same all the time.. people will.dropp out sooner and the x.3 patches for the past 3 expansions have been absolute trash sadly.

5+ Year Old Account
    dont bother with retail
    its beyond saving
    Comments about how it doesn't need saving in 3...2....1....

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Classic wasnt a joke to many people btw.

Remember that just because you personally didnt like something, doesnt mean other people dont.
    Classic being a joke has nothing to do with how many people like it.

Bosses falling over in under 20s on release day is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Comments about how it doesn't need saving in 3...2....1....
    ikr

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Classic being a joke has nothing to do with how many people like it.

Bosses falling over in under 20s on release day is a joke.
    Thats how classic was and thats what people wanted.

You have to be in the minority if you didnt see that coming or expected something else, so i'm going to go ahead and say i dont think thats what he meant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    My personal perception amongst the people I know and what I see online, as well as trends.

What are you basing your statements on?

I disagree. WoW became so popular because it essentially became viral. Word of mouth, combined with coming from a well known company, coming out at the right time (as internet was becomin more widespread), providing an accessible and easily digestible entry to a popular genre, being a novelty (one of the first widely marketed massive online persistent world).. so many factors, and so many of them a consequence of timing and luck.

When it comes to online multiplayer games, a very big number of people play what they friends are playing, not necessarily the very best game out there on any given genre, or the ones they would personally prefer to play.
    Facts ?? I dont make sweeping statements based on anecdotal evidence :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Move on from this very offtopic discussion. Also you claim this has nothing to do with anything yet you wanted facts because as you said simply us saying that WoW is poorly written, don't make it so. I provided to you examples when the story contradicts itself just for the sake of plot twists. A very obvious hint that the writing isn't good.

Sure you can ignore mistakes in a story. The question is how many are you willing to ignore. Hence my original comment about standards. The less mistakes you tolerate the higher your standards are. Tis simple math.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be year Diablo mostly. TBC classic, 9.1 info and a band aid on Hearthstone. The rest will be Diablo centric.
    You cant tell me to move on and then keep arguing

I was having a different discussion with you and the other guy.

I have yet to give you my opinion on the subject.

The discussion with you was how weird is is for you guys to keep bashing on lore and people enjoying it, while still consuming it.

The discussion with the other guy was about his sweeping statements without sources or ANY arguments to support his claims

dont bother with retail
    its beyond saving
    it can be saved but Ion and the whole lore team need to be replaced for that to happen.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    it can be saved but Ion and the whole lore team need to be replaced for that to happen.
    and then u still have activision behind the scenes.
    im telling u

not saveable

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I dissagree, the cracks start to show that new raids, new quests and new dungeons are just not worth it and the same thing we have been doing are not that great anymore.

It does needs something fancy and it shows in shadowlands imo. If the cycle is the same all the time.. people will.dropp out sooner and the x.3 patches for the past 3 expansions have been absolute trash sadly.
    It has been working though. I dont really know what can be classified as "cracks" in any concrete way. WoW just keeps chugging along. It's pretty clear from observing WoW for a certain period of time that the game has already stabilized to a working cycle. It goes up and down in a predictable way in accordance with the content schedule.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2021-02-17 at 04:36 PM.

im telling u

not saveable
    i personally would rather deal with Activision than EA.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

im telling u

not saveable
    Still fun. Sorry c:

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Still fun. Sorry c:
    well, to each their own
    but theres a reason wow is not on top of the gaming world anymore c:

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Facts ?? I dont make sweeping statements based on anecdotal evidence :P
    And where are those facts? So far they're only random statements pulled out of your ass.