Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....rchid=66708591

i want you to get some sleep and help, stop dancing the hyperbole dance.
    you are being stubborn for no reason other than someone called you out for your ridiculous statement. the person who needs to step away, is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Once I got the mount I noticed I spend more time there now.
    I noticed the opposite, but that may partly be down to me not caring about any more of the rewards from it. I only go there for the weekly souls now.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Just like Torghast, I only do enough to complete the quests for the week, and then I don't go in.

In the case of the Maw, it is one of the factors of why I despise the place. There isn't anything interesting to do there and even the daily WQs are nothing but shamelessly tiny amounts of gold and stygia.

Mounting only saves me like a few minutes of time, I simply just multi-task if I'm walking everywhere. As a tank its not like I'm in any danger anyway. Once I got max rep with Ve'nari the only thing I do are the weeklies and souls, as for my alts they only do the souls. Its not the lack of mounting that bothers me, the whole place is just a dump to slog through. Easily one of the worst parts of SL which sadly we will probably see a lot more from.

I got the Twisting Corridors mount the first week it was out and the answer is no. The Maw is boring and awful and I got it because I like collecting stuff. The Maw can bugger off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of but I also don't really see the point of going there outside of the weekly quests. Stygia is basically worthless once you've got the maw upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    i get that, its not like i dont know. just seems odd to cap it so easily. they put the content there to be done daily. you add dailies with weekly on any day and you dont get them done. so what im saying is the cap should take a little longer to get. now i can spread them out like you said, but that doesnt seem optimal. to log on just to spread them out when i should be able to do them all at one time.
    Back when I was daily rep grinding I would prioritize the daily quests, do one weekly quest and then kill rares till cap if I wanted to spare the time. Right now I mostly skip dailies although if one's convenient I'll do it. I did the Perdition Weekly and a Perdition daily yesterday, for example.

I really don't mind the Eye. You don't like the Maw? Guess what! There's a convenient thing telling you to leave. Just remember to buy your teleporter. I sometimes forgot and I would have to hearth out and then fly back to the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    ...I will continue to walk in the maw as a maw walker should.
    Haha. NPCs don't call us 'Maw riders'!
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    I’ve been trying to get the mount from the hunt with no luck and I dont got the time for twisting so I’ve kinda just ended up avoiding the maw the last few weeks.
    have a druid, and have TC 8 awarded mount for alts. maw survival and class imbalance keeps me out of the maw. my druid able to survive better than my other classes at level-2+ wanted have serious issues if engaged with mobs and a bombardment either kills you off or turns tide in favor of the mobs. i watch certain classes able to rolf stomp about everything, rares, even some elites with ease. for me the mount does not help classes that have DPS or survival issues if a class/spec/cov is bad.

my druid was working towards socketing item. i looked at the gem stats for this expac so far and decided it was not worth it. i feel redeemed i did not grind it or stygia since patch 9.05 caps and ganks it going forward

only thing i have gone to maw for is random calling where you click on some souls. after TC 8 four weeks ago, i also quit torgast on all my players, not capping or stockpiling soul ash, next patch may negate that with something new, learned my lesson on BFA

Souls quest and gtfo.

The lack of mounting is frosting on the cake for that awful zone.

The fact there's nothing to do there other than some boring generic quests is why I don't go there
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    The fact there's nothing to do there other than some boring generic quests is why I don't go there
    This. Content is king. Granted im also a druid so I have it easy. Now a days I spend 1 hour there once a week to do weeklies.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    i only go in there to do the major weekly quests venari offers and the soul quest ever since i got max rep with her.

i have the mount.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I'm a druid so that doesn't affect me, the place is just boring and tedious. I don't feel like I need to do it at all. It could be completely removed and wouldn't feel like the expansion is missing something. The quest are boring and the fact that anything agro you from like 233523.4 feet away makes it feel like its too much work for nothing at all. f that place.
    f signatures

Yes. I would probably stand this place better with a mount. If I want to travel on foot I log in to Classic, not retail.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Nope the no mount thing is not the reason i stopped, it's a dull experience that bores the fuck out of me so i stopped.

funny enough i finished twisting corridors 8 , got my mount, rode it for 10 minutes and never got back to the maw. This zone needs to be revamped and be made into an interesting endgame zone with lore, quests and motives to make you grind like Suramar was.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Only did the Weekly Quests there and whatever rares were in my way.
    Figured ide do more when i had the mount.

Got Exalted, then next day got the Twisting Corridor mount.
    Havent been back since, theres nothing there to go back for since i dont care about Sockets.

So, i stayed away due to the mount.
    once I had it, had no point going in anyway.
    Everythig this person said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I avoid it because there are no interesting rewards. I only go there for the souls and if there is an emissary.

The maw is the reason I avoid the maw. The gameplay is boring at best, infuriating at its worst.

I avoided the maw (when I had a sub) because the rewards aren't good enough to justify the hassle of having another chore to do. Not being mounted didn't really bother me.