Assass roue - buff/debuff management

Hey, trying to make my assassination rogue alt work in pve.
    There is somethin i dont understand about the buffs and dots
    I keep garrote up, rupture and slice and dice, then envenom.
    The problem I have is that not only is it awkward to spend combo points on slice and dice but rupture doesnt do that much dmg, certainly not compared to envenom.
    Can i just not rupture at all on singlet target patchwerk fights and spend the points on Envenom ? (Keeping garrote up and slice and dice up)
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Well no. Because Rupture gives you energy via Venomous Wounds so if you ignore Rupture then you will be energy starved in comparison.

I'm surprised you're finding that Rupture doesn't do much damage. In BfA it used to do nearly 40% of your damage. What proportion does it do in SL?

Quote Originally Posted by Celfydd View Post
    Well no. Because Rupture gives you energy via Venomous Wounds so if you ignore Rupture then you will be energy starved in comparison.

I'm surprised you're finding that Rupture doesn't do much damage. In BfA it used to do nearly 40% of your damage. What proportion does it do in SL?
    rupture lasts for 24 secs
    So 3 x 30 second simulations on a lvl60 dummy with an alt character (mix of boe and Ah) yields 8-12% rupture dmg of overal dmg
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

It makes no difference how long it lasts since you refresh it.

I did a quick test by speccing to assassination (bear in mind my gear is not optimised for assassination and I'm not running Deeper Stratagem in this). Over 120 seconds on the dummy I got

White damage (melee) 17%
    Rupture 15%
    Garrote 13%
    Mutilate 12%
    Deadly Poison instant damage 10%
    Envenom 10%
    Deadly Poison DoT 7%

The rest was other effects like Sepsis and Poison Bomb.

So it seems clear that they've rebalanced assassination a bit since I played it in BfA (white damage used to be close to zero), but Rupture is still the single largest damage ability.

By the way I had no problem keeping up Garrote, Rupture and Slice and Dice all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue with assassination is how clunky Slice and Dice feels. They should bring back that passive we had in Wrath that refreshed SnD duration with each Envenom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph76 View Post
    My issue with assassination is how clunky Slice and Dice feels. They should bring back that passive we had in Wrath that refreshed SnD duration with each Envenom.
    According to new data from patch 9.0.5 they are adding it back

Refreshs snd duration by 3 sec per combo point used

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    According to new data from patch 9.0.5 they are adding it back

Refreshs snd duration by 3 sec per combo point used
    Also 10% energy regen tied to SnD. We're not avoiding it but it's gonna be definitely more impactful. And it's gonna smooth our rotations.

Also various legendaries got buffed, Doomblade specifically. I'll defintely try Assa in raid next patch (Outlaw will still be king in M+)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Also 10% energy regen tied to SnD. We're not avoiding it but it's gonna be definitely more impactful. And it's gonna smooth our rotations.

Also various legendaries got buffed, Doomblade specifically. I'll defintely try Assa in raid next patch (Outlaw will still be king in M+)
    We already have 10% energy regen on SnD through rank 2, it looks like they might be taking it away in return for nerfed Cut to the Chase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rupture is one of the most important abilities to use, so no, you can’t just not cast it. It’s not just about raw dmg output. It gives energy back, and I’m pretty sure there’s something rogues have that does more damage the more bleeds you have up. And that’s a bleed.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

assa dmg is just way too low in both pve & pvp
    Last edited by Nzembwamugumbwalchu; 2021-03-18 at 06:44 PM.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Assassin def needs some love. Was it MoP, WoD, or Legion where rupture and garrote had HUGE ticks as the source of our major damage. Does anyone remember that?

And by the lore of the spec, white damage shouldn't be towards the top. Bleeds and poisons should be carrying the day.