Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    So is this supposed to be an event as exciting as a normal BlizzCon or is it supposed to be "filler" with less going on and being revealed?

Don't mean this negatively, genuinely curious how it was marketed.
    *Shrug*

It's weird because going off our normal schedule there should be another Blizzcon in November that'll have expansion hype. Which feels weird to say with Shadowlands only just out.

Covid really messed up Blizzard's pacing. Maybe this is our Blizzcon for the year and see y'all next February, maybe there's two and this is just meant to be a mini update on everything that was supposed to be announced last November.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    The tech for it is also in place for m+. They already have an API to see what keys were finished that week and they have a leaderboard to see who cleared the highest key. The way it could work would be that up to +15 you have fixed ilvl rewards and after that you have different brackets that offer higher ilvl rewards like in PVP. You can check the leaderboards online to see where you stand and what ilvl rewards you can expect. That way more people would try to push higher keys instead of doing +14 for vault or +15 for achievement.

As for 9.1 leaks. Haven't heard or seen anything yet other than speculation. It's new lore and there are still so many unanswered questions that it's even hard to make a fake leak that somewhat sounds reasonable. I've seen from a couple people that they already got their press kit and know what will be shown but the only slipup I've seen so far is from Preach who said that flying will be comming in 9.1 which we already knew more or less.
    That sounds horrible. Pve rewards should never be based on a changing scale of how other players do. I just want to know "15=X, 10=Y, 5=Z". I don't want it to be Monday night and realize that I need to do a 17 in order to move uo the ranking to a better item level.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for them to release

Island Afterlife Expeditions:

You, along with other members of your covenant, strike out to the far reaches of the Shadowlands in order to reclaim Anima from areas decaying, dying, or being consumed. But beware, not everyone will be amiable to this, as the other Covenants and the restless dead seek to prevent you from your goal.

Coming in Easy, Medium, Hard, PvP, and Torghast flavored difficulties.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post

You, along with other members of your covenant, strike out to the far reaches of the Shadowlands in order to reclaim Anima from areas decaying, dying, or being consumed. But beware, not everyone will be amiable to this, as the other Covenants and the restless dead seek to prevent you from your goal.

Unironically if islands hadn't already proved this was a bad idea. Seeing a shit tonne of Afterlives like that with weird alien landscapes would have been awesome.

"- Looks like drust raid for 9.1"

IF this is the case, then we're gonna get some HEAVY Ardenweald/Life shit going on in the raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Unironically if islands hadn't already proved this was a bad idea. Seeing a shit tonne of Afterlives like that with weird alien landscapes would have been awesome.
    I mean, if they learned from their mistakes, cut out the shitty timelimit and made sure all the cosmetic rewards were available to get or farm (with currency) from the word go, it'd have been more interesting. Could treat it like Torgh as it was in the beta, where you could keep going from island to island after completing some task (collection, eradication, destruction of land), considering they have the technology to 'destroy' land via a few bosses.

And make the 'pvp' to be Covenant related, sort of a 4 way free for all with having covenant related 'borrowed' powers (like Night Fae players can put down 'seed bombs' like Artificer creates in Castle Nathria, or summoning a 'small' necropolis to bombard an area for Necrolords.

But. Multi-dollar company.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

But I'm very much doubting this. Seriously. I don't think this will be the case whatsoever, but it would be nice to see.

I don’t think someone mentioned this but what are the odds of them announcing another Warcraft movie? They did tease one some time ago despite that the first movie didn’t do well.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don’t think someone mentioned this but what are the odds of them announcing another Warcraft movie? They did tease one some time ago despite that the first movie didn’t do well.
    very slim but still possible
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post

As much as this may be tongue in cheek, I think this is actually really appealing.

There's so many mini realms within the Shadowlands that we never get to explore, and this would be the ideal way to approach it without having to make dedicated content in those realms.

There's still places like Da Other Side, Craftenium (Tech-related afterlife) and wherever the Brokers come from to explore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Probably a bad time to do it considering theaters and lack of distribution. Blizzard isn't Disney or Netflix.

An animated series would probably be the best route. Just overhaul their cinematics team and go ham.

@lolmmofuture

Of course Overwatch is incomplete. It was supposed to be Titan (a huge ambitious MMO), but once that fell through they had to beg Bobby Kotick to salvage what they could of the project. The most they could do is pitch a simple TF2 clone since Bobby Kotick didn't want to take the risk on investing in anything more complicated than that since the budget and time of Titan was already spent up.

I watched a youtube video of the different heads of the project basically saying 'what happened". Little communication between each other. They were all working on their own little pet project and they were unable to make it all work together.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-02-18 at 12:01 AM.

How about yall do something with Starcraft smh
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    It isn't a bad idea because of Islands. Islands were just a bad execution of the idea. They had to much going on and didn't offer any real structure. If they were made more like scenarios or had a weekly rotating theme/goals they would have been a better experience. Instead it was just a random boring free for all speed run.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It isn't a bad idea because of Islands. Islands were just a bad execution of the idea. They had to much going on and didn't offer any real structure. If they were made more like scenarios or had a weekly rotating theme/goals they would have been a better experience. Instead it was just a random boring free for all speed run.
    Fair, I'll rephrase "If blizzard proved capable of doing an island like feature doing it for Afterlives would be fun"

I totally agree that Island Expeditions are a cool feature that probably isn't going to be left behind. I mean, look at all the work that went into the AI NPC parties! No way are they going to let an expensive feature like that sit around collecting dust. Island Expedition style excursions into minor alternate afterlives would be a perfect implementation of the system. We'd get to meet all the random characters that have died in WoWs history and see how their afterlives are playing out. We are constantly asking 'what about this dead character?' 'will we meet them in the Shadowlands?' the answer could very well be, yeah we're going to meet like a dozen more lore characters this way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    wrath servers would be a perfect stopping point
    maybe in 3-4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Literally all I want is BC Classic and a date for it.

Since they basically already confirmed no D4 or OW2 this year.
    my guess is in august/september. and people will be angry about it by thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Also "Leaks"? LMFAO...like the ones we get pre-next x-pac with the most ridiculous made-up-shit?
    Bastion was leaked in the build-up to the Shadowlands announcement Blizzcon, along with a still of Bolvar turning from fire to frost from the cinematic, and that's just the most recent example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Oh great... another filler raid as i feared.

I am glad Sylvanas didn't have a change of heart. I still want to break that loot pinata... many times over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    i personally would rather deal with Activision than EA.
    You know... i don't agree. Yes, both turn everything they touch to crap, but sometimes, very rarely EA does it right (after much failing and likely go and ruin it after). Jedi fallen order, for example.

SL going to die just as fast as WoD/BFA if that leak is true, yikes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Similarities are not Copy/Paste. Sadly, you are still frantically trying to proclaim your opinions as facts, they are not. They are and will always remain your opinions and never will become facts.
    gladly that you shared your opinion, and not facts, on this matter,

anyway