Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post

Uhh 7.1 was 4 months

8.1 was 5 months

why are you lying about something so easily fact checked?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft:_Legion - Legion - August 30th 2016
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_7.1....2014%2C%202016. - 7.1 - October 25th 2016 - Just under 2 months

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...le_for_Azeroth - BfA August 14th 2018
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_8.1.0 - 8.1 - December 11th - just under 4 months

Apparently fact checking is harder than you make it out to be
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2021-02-15 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Raid encounters at the mythic level compared to LFR or even normal are fundamentally different encounters. It is not even close to the same content.
    No they're not, unless they have significant new mechanics. And mechanics are not content, they're features. Come on folks, learn to differentiate. Not everything is content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The fights are pretty different overall from Normal to Heroic.

Especially Sire. Some aren't too different, but there IS enough differences that you can't dismiss it as "It's not new!"
    As above, they may have new mechanics, which are FEATURES. it's not more CONTENT. The only time the hardest raid difficulty has had more content is when it has had optional bosses that you only get there.

Words mean things, despite the fuzzy thinking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No, they had to spend time delying SL. Without Covid, we would be in 9.1 now.
    That delay had nothing to do with COVID. That delay had to do with not liking where things were. As it is there is no set timetable on when patches are released so for ally ou know we would still be waiting for 9.1.

I think they delayed SL as much as they could, but they really didn't do that much in the month they had. They were probably pretty behind on 9.1. Pretty sure the first patch usually gets worked on around the time beta starts which is 3-5 months before launch.
    They were never behind. They were already working on 9.1 even as hey were getting ready to release the expansion. They are always working ahead in development.

Even with the delay they are forsure behind due to the holidays. Maybe only a month or two. In other expansion we would be getting 9.1 around the time 9.0.5 releases.
    And you know that how? We don't know when 9.1 release regardless of any delays or not. For all you know, the patch would still drop the same time without COVID. You cannot in any way say 100% they are delayed.

Even if they start the ptr the day it releases they need at least 6 weeks of testing. We are probably about 3 months out from 9.1. Most people expected it in late March or mid April. It could be a huge patch idk. If you asked me 4 months ago I would have guessed late Feb for 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    As above, they may have new mechanics, which are FEATURES. it's not more CONTENT. The only time the hardest raid difficulty has had more content is when it has had optional bosses that you only get there.

Words mean things, despite the fuzzy thinking here.
    If it changes how you play, it's different content, which makes it a new experience.

You can dance around that all you want but it doesn't change that. Unless you genuinely think raid mechanics are now features.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Given that they've already mentioned flying coming in 9.1, one has to think they are planning on it being rather large. We also have to remember that they've been WFH much like the rest of the world for the better part of the last year, and that definitely hurts overall productivity. It's no surprise then that they are probably a bit behind schedule.

Personally, I'd far rather they give some of the QoL changes earlier as they are with 9.0.5 and see how they fare in Nathria rather than waiting extra time to get them in 9.1.
    Clicking the on button for flying isn't really huge. They already plan zones with it in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    What he listed literally is the content of the game, and if anyone claims they have done all the content but has not finished those than yes theh have not done the content.

Lfr is not conteny
    Pet battles is not content
    Transmog is not content
    Playimg the AH is not content
    l
    Those are game systems that are background noise that have zero to do with game content.
    What makes something content then?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it changes how you play, it's different content, which makes it a new experience.

You can dance around that all you want but it doesn't change that. Unless you genuinely think raid mechanics are now features.
    Yes, mechanics are features. A new boss is content. Arguably a new phase to a fight is content. But simply saying "on N and H, $BOSS does Ability X during phase 2 but on mythic they do Ability X and Ability Y" does not make that fight new content. Put simply, the fight encounter is the content. The abilities are features.

I can't do anything about your inability to differentiate between content and features. I mean, next you'll tell me spec talents are content.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    What he listed literally is the content of the game, and if anyone claims they have done all the content but has not finished those than yes theh have not done the content.

Lfr is not conteny
    Pet battles is not content
    Transmog is not content
    Playimg the AH is not content

Those are game systems that are background noise that have zero to do with game content.
    Mythic raids are the same exact content as normal and heroic with one or 2 extra things and higher health and damage its basically rehashed content. Same goes for mythic plus dungeons
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

9.0.5 is not a content patch, its a systems patch. The release of it has no impact on the timing of the next content patch, as it's merely just for some tuning and QoL changes that they weren't able to add in a hotfix since launch.

Say that 9.0.5 releases within the first couple weeks of March, 9.1 could still only be weeks after that. I personally anticipate it for May.

What are you even on about lol?
    Is this your first expansion or something?
    This is the normal timeline for patches and seasons.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    9.0.5 is not a content patch, its a systems patch. The release of it has no impact on the timing of the next content patch, as it's merely just for some tuning and QoL changes that they weren't able to add in a hotfix since launch.

Say that 9.0.5 releases within the first couple weeks of March, 9.1 could still only be weeks after that. I personally anticipate it for May.
    Except it kinda does. Unless they weren't planning on releasing 9.1 until May. 9.0.5 even with no content still requires testing. I think most people were guessing the ptr for 9.1 would start the week after blizzcon, but we might still be a month or more away from that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post

9.1 needs at least 5 or 6 weeks of testing. Potentially 8 or 9 if there is a lot of content. Say 9.0.5 releases 4 weeks from now. Likely be at least a week before 9.1 releases onto the ptr. We are probably about 11-14 weeks away from 9.1.

There’s lots to do, but it’s all boring by now. Torghast is the same thing over and over. The Maw is just dull and unimpressive. Small number of world quests makes callings seem so repetitive. Leveling an alt makes it even worse because you do the exact same world quests to level as you do for end game. The zones all feel small. PvP is actually fun because of burst damage, but I’m really thirsty for 9.1. It has to deliver.

Raises pitchfork

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    9.1 needs at least 5 or 6 weeks of testing. Potentially 8 or 9 if there is a lot of content. Say 9.0.5 releases 4 weeks from now. Likely be at least a week before 9.1 releases onto the ptr. We are probably about 11-14 weeks away from 9.1.
    Yep. I doubt they'll have 9.1 on the PTS the week after Blizzcon and even if 9.1 is quite small in comparison it will have 4-6 weeks on the PTS. So the soonest launch date for 9.1 is somewhere around April.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    There’s lots to do, but it’s all boring by now. Torghast is the same thing over and over. The Maw is just dull and unimpressive. Small number of world quests makes callings seem so repetitive. Leveling an alt makes it even worse because you do the exact same world quests to level as you do for end game. The zones all feel small. PvP is actually fun because of burst damage, but I’m really thirsty for 9.1. It has to deliver.
    It's just incredibly repetitive. If there was some variety (and reward) to it, people would enjoy doing it (The Maw, Torghast, Mythic+), but it's become obnoxiously boring very quickly because it lacks incentives and reward. Torghast is like Island Expeditions but worse and The Maw is... I don't know, there's basically no zone in the game that's worse than The Maw. Even Nazjatar without flying wasn't as bad.

Shadowlands had a great first weeks, but the burn out happened a lot sooner than I expected. And Castle Nathria is miles ahead of Emerald Nightmare or Uldir as an entrance raid, yet it's just not enough.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No, they're difficulty levels. Learn the difference. That 'you havent done every possible thing on the highest difficulty' is a lazy, stupid argument. No one should take it seriously.
    Well thats the downside of having story mode difficulty in games. If you play any game on story mode(easiest), you will complete it rather quickly. I've recently played AC Valhalla a fair bit and if I had put it on easiest difficulty, all fights would have been trivial and done in a heartbeat. I could, after completing AC Valhalla on story mode, go on the forums and moan about lack of content and that the game was short lived. When in fact, I took the choice of doing the easiest content available. The result is a more shallow experience of the game.

Theres also very subjective on when you have "completed" a game, especially a MMORPG like wow. Is it completed when current endgame content is cleared on any difficulty? When every achivment is completed? when you have every item in the game? Or is it completed when you reach max level cause you have no interest in raids, dungeons or pvp? Is the game completed when you get highest pvp rank?

I perfectly understand why LFR is in the game, and I have nothing against it. But the people that do it(sometimes I do it), gotta understand that LFR is only a glimpse of what raids really are.

The good thing about LFR is that everyone gets to see the raids, no matter what. No matter of your skill, no matter the day you log in, you can clear it.

The negative is that it creates a much more shallow approach to a huge game and I think that happens without people really thinking about it. I have put some games on easiest, cleared it and left it without thinking it was great. That was probably my fault.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-02-17 at 10:12 AM.

What do you say? What is upcoming warcraft?

Yes, mechanics are features. A new boss is content. Arguably a new phase to a fight is content. But simply saying "on N and H, $BOSS does Ability X during phase 2 but on mythic they do Ability X and Ability Y" does not make that fight new content. Put simply, the fight encounter is the content. The abilities are features.

I can't do anything about your inability to differentiate between content and features. I mean, next you'll tell me spec talents are content.
    So a false equivalency is your fall back?

If you honestly think doing LFR is the same as doing Heroic, then that's on you. That is factually incorrect though. It's a completely different way of doing the raid.

Yes, mechanics are features. A new boss is content. Arguably a new phase to a fight is content.
    So just to be clear - new mechanics between normal and mythic is a feature, not content, however adding a new phase, which is simply the same boss, with new mechanics, is content......

Can you see why this logic might seem a bit........
    fuzzy

So a false equivalency is your fall back?

If you honestly think doing LFR is the same as doing Heroic, then that's on you. That is factually incorrect though. It's a completely different way of doing the raid.
    Oh please. And you're falling back on smug superiority.

The guy's point stand, some stupid extra mechanics on raid bosses at higher difficulties aren't "extra content" any more than every fucking affix in every level of a mythic plus dungeon is "extra content".

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Oh please. And you're falling back on smug superiority.

The guy's point stand, some stupid extra mechanics on raid bosses at higher difficulties aren't "extra content" any more than every fucking affix in every level of a mythic plus dungeon is "extra content".
    There's...nothing smug about that?
    Like, what?

Am I sitting here going "UNLESS YOU'RE PARSING PURPLE I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT" or claiming you have to do mythic?
    Or that unless you're doing cutting edge you can't say there's no content?

No. Again, what you're saying is a false equivalency. LFR is not even comparable to doing normal. It's like a completely different play format, that just happens to be in the same visual area. That isn't to take a knock at LFR players, it's just the way its set up. LFR is intended to be doable without much frustration. There's literally a mechanic to let you eventually just overpower a boss if you're wiping too much...

It's not even "stupid extra mechanics". It's a completely different experience.