Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean they're still pursuing the technology, but they're also rolling out plenty of new EV/hybrid vehicles still. Last I recall they still have the largest share of the EV/hybrid market, so they're doing alright on that front.
    Hybrids are mostly gas cars with the exception of plug in hybrids which are practically non existent at this point.

Tesla had 79% of the US EV market last year. Toyota is not even on the list.
    Here are the top 10 electric cars by sales in the US in 2020:

Tesla Model 3: 95,135
    Tesla Model Y: 71,344
    Chevrolet Bolt EV: 19,664
    Tesla Model X: 19,652
    Tesla Model S: 14,430
    Nissan Leaf: 8,972
    Audi E-tron: 7,089
    Porsche Taycan: 3,943
    Hyundai Kona EV: 2,964
    Kia Niro EV: 2,807

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, it's not like plenty of other auto manufacturers are also making hydrogen cell cars.

What a weird thing to deflect on. I guess the thought of your beloved over-hyped, overpriced car company being out innovated must be very distressing for you.

At least you'll have your sonar roof.
    I wish I could get a solar roof, but it's not available in my area. Solar panels are hecking expensive in my area. Would really like if Tesla services where I live because of the price point.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Hybrids are mostly gas cars with the exception of plug in hybrids which are practically non existent at this point.

Tesla had 79% of the US EV market last year. Toyota is not even on the list.
    Here are the top 10 electric cars by sales in the US in 2020:

Tesla Model 3: 95,135
    Tesla Model Y: 71,344
    Chevrolet Bolt EV: 19,664
    Tesla Model X: 19,652
    Tesla Model S: 14,430
    Nissan Leaf: 8,972
    Audi E-tron: 7,089
    Porsche Taycan: 3,943
    Hyundai Kona EV: 2,964
    Kia Niro EV: 2,807
    Yup and from 1995-2001 Compaq was the best selling computer brand, and they still reign supre- oh. Oh.

Let's see how long Tesla lasts when other manufacturers move into the market. As I said earlier, Tesla is currently operating in a virtual vacuum as other companies slowly shift into producing only EVs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup and from 1995-2001 Compaq was the best selling computer brand, and they still reign supre- oh. Oh.

Let's see how long Tesla lasts when other manufacturers move into the market. As I said earlier, Tesla is currently operating in a virtual vacuum as other companies slowly shift into producing only EVs.
    Other manufacturers are still barely moving into the market with compliance cars and the main thing that puts tesla so far ahead is the supercharger network that is only growing.

It's rough to travel anywhere long distance in another EV because the infrastructure is not there and other major manufacturers/government in the US at least are not supporting it.
    Driving on Sunshine.

EV's proper are a much more recent thing, driven by Tesla who are benefitting from being the first to market in a meaningful way (they're well after these companies, but none went so big on plug-in EV's like Tesla has). Now that others are catching up, Telsa's share will drop over time.

It's still a minority of the overall EV/hybrid market, IIRC EV's are around 40% vs. hybrids being around 60%. I imagine that will change over time as well, but a bit thing is that there needs to be improvements to charging stations/home charging before its super widespread, it's still in single digits in terms of overall sales of vehicles in the US (anywhere from 1-2% from what I can see), though has some huge regional concentrations (like some places in CA).

Realistically, EV's simply aren't practical enough yet. There remains a lack of available charging stations out in the wild and need to be better solutions for things like city/apartment living where you will likely not have easy access to charging stations.

10+ Year Old Account
    EV's proper are a much more recent thing, driven by Tesla who are benefitting from being the first to market in a meaningful way (they're well after these companies, but none went so big on plug-in EV's like Tesla has). Now that others are catching up, Telsa's share will drop over time.

It's still a minority of the overall EV/hybrid market, IIRC EV's are around 40% vs. hybrids being around 60%. I imagine that will change over time as well, but a bit thing is that there needs to be improvements to charging stations/home charging before its super widespread, it's still in single digits in terms of overall sales of vehicles in the US (anywhere from 1-2% from what I can see), though has some huge regional concentrations (like some places in CA).

Realistically, EV's simply aren't practical enough yet. There remains a lack of available charging stations out in the wild and need to be better solutions for things like city/apartment living where you will likely not have easy access to charging stations.
    I agree, as of right now home ownership is almost a requirement to have an EV. Which is super not great because lots of people do not own homes but still need access to a vehicles.
    Driving on Sunshine.

I agree, as of right now home ownership is almost a requirement to have an EV. Which is super not great because lots of people do not own homes but still need access to a vehicles.
    Which is why it remains overvalued. It's serving a pretty small section of the market, with that not changing anytime soon in the near future. They may be the biggest share of EV's sold in the past few years by a huge margin (though not a majority of total EV's sold yet), the market for EV's remains in the single digits.

Yes, they have solar/batteries they sell as well, but that doesn't make up the difference to put their stock at $800/share. The bubble's gonna pop sooner or later, and I'm inclined to take the advice/predictions of someone like Michael Burry when he compares the TLSA bubble to to dot-com/housing bubbles that collapsed.

Which is why it remains overvalued. It's serving a pretty small section of the market, with that not changing anytime soon in the near future. They may be the biggest share of EV's sold in the past few years by a huge margin (though not a majority of total EV's sold yet), the market for EV's remains in the single digits.

Yes, they have solar/batteries they sell as well, but that doesn't make up the difference to put their stock at $800/share. The bubble's gonna pop sooner or later, and I'm inclined to take the advice/predictions of someone like Michael Burry when he compares the TLSA bubble to to dot-com/housing bubbles that collapsed.
    VW will be bigger than tesla by 2024-2025 in the EV world. Not to mention Tesla's market share in China is going to collapse because the regional monsters are ramping up.

Tesla's problem is their cash burn, they just do not have the money to expand to compete against these monsters with actual tens of billions in free cash flow a quarter. Once they fully turn their gaze to EV its over for Tesla stock. They will have to issue a huge amount of debt or stock to keep up.

Just wait till companies start selling adapters to use Tesla chargers on other types of vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

umm did you say that right because home ownership is 63-64%?

If it becomes big enough complexes will start adding charging stations. A few of the bigger ones around here already have them.
    A lot of the bigger workplaces and parking garages also have them

- - - Updated - - -

their biggest problem is cash burn and what happens after the huge 98% profit margin credit sales go away?
    How are they going to expand to keep up with the likes of VW et all?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    VW will be bigger than tesla by 2024-2025 in the EV world. Not to mention Tesla's market share in China is going to collapse because the regional monsters are ramping up.
    Nio is fuckin crazy, man. It's like Tesla and Apple brand fandom got together and had a superbrand baby. What bits I know about it makes it seem almost like a god-damned cult.

Just wait till companies start selling adapters to use Tesla chargers on other types of vehicles.
    I imagine if anything like that were even attempted Tesla would be taking them to court right-quick.

10+ Year Old Account

Tesla's problem is their cash burn, they just do not have the money to expand to compete against these monsters with actual tens of billions in free cash flow a quarter. Once they fully turn their gaze to EV its over for Tesla stock. They will have to issue a huge amount of debt or stock to keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

umm did you say that right because home ownership is 63-64%?

If it becomes big enough complexes will start adding charging stations. A few of the bigger ones around here already have them.
    A lot of the bigger workplaces and parking garages also have them

- - - Updated - - -

their biggest problem is cash burn and what happens after the huge 98% profit margin credit sales go away?
    How are they going to expand to keep up with the likes of VW et all?
    Once you can use tesla chargers on other vehicles tesla will be rolling in dough because they will be getting money from. People charging on their infrastructure.

Apparently there are already other companies using the supercharger network but not disclosed who.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Nio is fuckin crazy, man. It's like Tesla and Apple brand fandom got together and had a superbrand baby. What bits I know about it makes it seem almost like a god-damned cult.

I imagine if anything like that were even attempted Tesla would be taking them to court right-quick.
    and they will fail as hard as apple et all did when companies make adapters for their products.
    at best they will have to pay a license fee which in relative terms is pennies on the dollar.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    and they will fail as hard as apple et all did when companies make adapters for their products.
    at best they will have to pay a license fee which in relative terms is pennies on the dollar.
    They other companies should have just used Tesla charging. They released the patent early so everyone could be on the same plugs but japanese manufacturers went with chademo and europe and US went with CSS
    Driving on Sunshine.

Once you can use tesla chargers on other vehicles tesla will be rolling in dough because they will be getting money from. People charging on their infrastructure.

Apparently there are already other companies using the supercharger network but not disclosed who.
    they will get a fee for the licenses but that will not be substantial enough to substantiate a 800 stock price.

As the build out continues there will be a huge push to standardize the connections just like every other connection in the world.
    Same gas pumps. Same power plugs. etc etc.

if Tesla holds out and the other 99% of EV companies adopt a standard then Tesla could end up being the Betamax of the EV world.

Another huge business risk to Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

They other companies should have just used Tesla charging. They released the patent early so everyone could be on the same plugs but japanese manufacturers went with chademo and europe and US went with CSS
    Its always this way at first with emerging tech.
    Eventually there will be a standard that you will have to pay a low license fee to use but will benefit the whole industry not one specific company.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Ain't nobody else making sonar roofes
    I don't think Solar Roof will make it. You basically have to replace your whole roof which limit the market to new construction only or people with too much money. Power Wall on the other hand is the greatest.

I mean they're still pursuing the technology, but they're also rolling out plenty of new EV/hybrid vehicles still. Last I recall they still have the largest share of the EV/hybrid market, so they're doing alright on that front.
    They also are one of the leaders in solid state battery research.

This is one of the reasons I am very unsure about Tesla's future. They are up against some of the largest and most competent companies on the planet. If Toyota's batteries live up to the promise they will be EV 2.0.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

My building has several spots for car charging, that's the next best alternative other than homes.

For anyone who used Robinhood in 2020, make sure not to file your taxes until they get their act together and give you your 1099 form. They missed the IRS deadline (and their own deadline as well) earlier to provide people with the forms, but have started making the forms available to some people in the past couple hours.

It's truly fucking amateur hour over there and I would advise anyone who is still with them to transfer to another brokerage.

Well tomorrow should be interesting

Wonder if they will make "DeepFuckingValue" admit he sold all his GME holdings the day he decided 'not to update daily' anymore.

you know when everyone in WSB was chanting "if he's still in, i am still in"

BTW guess who's being sued because investors don't want to take responsibility for their own losses

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/17/roar...the-stock.html

Gill’s latest post on Reddit showed he made $7.8 million off of GameStop. A class action lawsuit was brought against Gill on Wednesday, filed at federal court in Massachusetts, alleging that he pretended to be a novice trader despite being a licensed professional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    For anyone who used Robinhood in 2020, make sure not to file your taxes until they get their act together and give you your 1099 form. They missed the IRS deadline (and their own deadline as well) earlier to provide people with the forms, but have started making the forms available to some people in the past couple hours.

It's truly fucking amateur hour over there and I would advise anyone who is still with them to transfer to another brokerage.
    so they missed the deadline by a day for some people?

i mean technically you could have easily figured out the numbers to submit if you wanted too submit

I guess you get what you get with something that is 'free'
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

so they missed the deadline by a day for some people?

i mean technically you could have easily figured out the numbers to submit if you wanted too submit

I guess you get what you get with something that is 'free'
    It's more about their utter lack of communication and leaving their clients in the dark not just about this, but about a bunch of other things. Their customer service is absolute shit and the fact that they still don't having a phone number that clients can generally contact them at is a joke.

The fact that they had free trades used to be a reason to go with them. Now that most other brokerages have that too, there is very little reason to stay with them. They have a nice, simple interface, but that's not worth having to deal with a bunch of amateurish clowns exclusively via email when you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    It's more about their utter lack of communication and leaving their clients in the dark not just about this, but about a bunch of other things. Their customer service is absolute shit and the fact that they still don't having a phone number that clients can generally contact them at is a joke.

The fact that they had free trades used to be a reason to go with them. Now that most other brokerages have that too, there is very little reason to stay with them. They have a nice, simple interface, but that's not worth having to deal with a bunch of amateurish clowns exclusively via email when you need help.
    well that is why i avoid companies i can't get directly in contact with.
    Who would give money to a company that can't afford customer service phone service.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Well tomorrow should be interesting

Wonder if they will make "DeepFuckingValue" admit he sold all his GME holdings the day he decided 'not to update daily' anymore.

you know when everyone in WSB was chanting "if he's still in, i am still in"
    '
    Im guessing his lawyer told him to stop posting, because there is no way he didn’t get a lawyer. This man is clearly not a fool.

I’ll have to read up on the highlights of his testimony. I can’t stand politicians grandstanding which is usually the focus of these hearings moreso than whatever they are trying to “get to the bottom of”.