Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Must be nice. The housing market in Florida is a disaster with people from NY and CA paying over asking prices for houses (that were already grossly overpriced), very limited properties available too. I'm worried we're going to be priced out of the area when we've been saving up for years to become homeowners. I keep reading there's going to be another housing bubble as a result. I guess if you live in a state people are fleeing from you're in good shape, if you're in a state people are fleeing to not so much.
    It is pretty bad in California also. My rural neighborhood is up 30%. All the for sale signs have disappeared completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    What annoys me the most about this Covid situation is that the media is constantly putting people in a state of fear telling us this many people have cases and this many people died but won't report on the number of people who have recovered.
    Blaming the Media yet again especially when people refused to wear masks when ICU's are/were full.

Also how this has been one of the most politicized viruses in US history and I just find it fucking disgusting and embarrassing.
    Your post is embarrassing.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-02-16 at 03:12 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I knew none of these people personally and I have not been in the same room with a coworker in over a year. I did not wait for the official government shut down to start sheltering in place last March. I was like 3 weeks ahead of the curve and used vacation time, PTO, and state-granted sick days to chill-the-fuck-out.

I haven't had covid but i'm convinced that i did have it earlier in 2020, experienced as to what it felt to be on a mild asthma attack for a week and a half then it went away along with fever, chills etc. Since then i haven't been sick at all. My wife and Son are both asthmatics and thankfully haven't gotten Covid. We try our best to wear masks, keep our distance but we try to hang out as best as we can. My father got Covid early on and was in ICU for a while, and was close to dying. After he recovered he had to go to therapy to regain motor skill functions, literally had to relearn to walk. Prior to Covid he had no other medical issues, age 78. Me personally i was working remotely for about a month and had to report to work after, been working on site ever since, my job we are currently are pretty decent when it comes to covid restrictions and regulations. Everyone for the most part wears a mask and keep relatively safe distance. There are some who skirt those lines a bit too closely for my taste but I make that known when it needs to be. My son is currently in remote learning until the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Had covid back in october. was just like strong flu with no impact on my health after it.

same with all people i know.

thats why i think this is just fake-pandemy
    [Infraction]
    Same here... amazing you get an infraction for that. My dad is 72, has diabetes and got COVID and flet sleepy and had the sniffles for 3 days then felt fine. Do I get an infraction too?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-17 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Same here... amazing you get an infraction for that. My dad is 72, has diabetes and got COVID and flet sleepy and had the sniffles for 3 days then felt fine. Do I get an infraction too?
    You do realize that diseases/viruses can effect different people in different ways right?
    I know a 43 year old woman who died. I also know a 90 year old man who lived.
    That's like saying not everyone who gets cancer dies from it. I mean it's true, but that doesn't make cancer not real.

Alliance

I have to wear a mask at work. That is the only impact.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    You do realize that diseases/viruses can effect different people in different ways right?
    I know a 43 year old woman who died. I also know a 90 year old man who lived.
    That's like saying not everyone who gets cancer dies from it. I mean it's true, but that doesn't make cancer not real.
    Yes but in this case, cancer kills a whole lot more people. The COVID death rate is like under 2% TOTAL. Among healthy people it's a fraction of a %. Thus, myself and a lot of others believe those at high risk should have to shelter and the rest of us live normal lives. Of course having that opinion is likely an infraction so see you in 2 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yes but in this case, cancer kills a whole lot more people. The COVID death rate is like under 2% TOTAL. Among healthy people it's a fraction of a %. Thus, myself and a lot of others believe those at high risk should have to shelter and the rest of us live normal lives. Of course having that opinion is likely an infraction so see you in 2 weeks or so.
    literally otherwise healthy young people with no preexisting conditions DIED from this. and many that did survive, now have long term, possibly life long damage to live with. if they are "lucky" its just permanent loss of smell. not everyone is so lucky, many are now dealing with permanent heart and/or lung damage.

cancer is not contagious. this shit is. and we absolutely do not have any fail proof way of predicting if you will have an easy time, or something that leaves you with a disability, or kill you.

what gives you the right to decide to risk people's lives because you are inconvenienced?

A little background on me. I moved to South Carolina from New York in January 2018. I was in a long term relationship since 2012. My now ex moved out January 27th, 2020 after 8 years of us being together. COVID started right around the time I was starting to date again in March, so that fucked with me pretty hard. I couldn't even make offline friends, because everyone was so anti-grouping.

NY was getting hit the hardest by COVID, and my employer said if I went to NY I was going to have to quarantine for 2 weeks when I got back. I haven't seen my mother since Thanksgiving 2019. I turned into a slut in May/June, probably being easier by the fact meeting online was the ONLY way to go. I'm in a much healthier relationship now with someone else and we're going on 8 months. I have to wear a mask at work now.

Weirdest year of my life.

Doing online teaching. Not seeing students' faces is depressing as fuck. from next week, we will start very short school days. thank god finally.
    I still get a full salary while only doing online courses. I am grateful but kinda feeling down about it. I feel like we are not deserving that money atm. Online classes went better than I thought but it really didn't feel the same as a normal classroom.

We are all restricting our lives so that nobody gets the virus and brings it to school. I really don't want to be the first person to catch the virus and spread it to everyone at the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    literally otherwise healthy young people with no preexisting conditions DIED from this. and many that did survive, now have long term, possibly life long damage to live with. if they are "lucky" its just permanent loss of smell. not everyone is so lucky, many are now dealing with permanent heart and/or lung damage.

cancer is not contagious. this shit is. and we absolutely do not have any fail proof way of predicting if you will have an easy time, or something that leaves you with a disability, or kill you.

what gives you the right to decide to risk people's lives because you are inconvenienced?
    Nothing is for certain but we do know that healthy people have a considerably higher survival and recovery rate, like something on par with catching the flu. I'm going to base my decision on the science not a news story about about a young fitness instagramer who died of covid, young healthy people die unexpectedly all the time unfortunately.

Cancer might not be contagious but we do know certain risks that increase your chances of getting cancer such as being overweight. In my country you can get arrested for going to the gym to exercise but you can drive to mccdonalds for a big mac as it's an "essential journey" or sit in your house all day getting takeaway delivered, it's all bizarrely backward.

I am all for protecting the elderly and the vulnerable, if anything I think we should have done more to target those groups. You ask what gives you the right to risk people's lives but I would ask in return, what gives you the right to dictate to other people what risks they can or cannot choose for themselves to take?

I've been unemployed for the past year. I like working in customer service jobs where I work face to face with them. So i'll be waiting until at least I can get the vaccine to go back into that field. Other than that i've been enjoying all the free time I have to catch up on my Steam library of games.

I think this pandemic has done a lot of good for people. It got them to look inward more to find happiness within instead of from someone else. It also helped people assess the relationships they were in and whether they were healthy or not. I've cut ties to pretty much all "friends" because they were glad to hang out, but only if I came to them or jumped through their hoops to do so. But some people have also turned it into a free pass to basically be even more immoral. The hate against Asian Americans in the US right now is appalling.

I also don't get the people trying to get on the fact that potentially thousands to millions of Americans will be homeless by the end of this and you can just swoop in and get their homes for cheap. While also knowing full well that those people have pretty much no where to go thanks to the fact our government has pretty much no social housing systems, it's almost all through the private sector. (If there aren't any homes built and being rented out to low income families [who then use government subsidies to cover costs] there's pretty much no where for them to go.) It's immoral as all get out.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    snipped out because infracted.
    So you're of the mind that you've lost someone to something for a seemingly unnecessary reason, so everyone else should have to as well because people will get fat and stupid because our government has ZERO social systems in place for dealing with a global or national health crisis such as a pandemic?

That level of detachment from morality isn't good.

Also, Americans are already widely known to be fat and stupid already, so what exactly is changing?

Also the fracking hypocrisy. Well my 99 year old grandmother with aids and cancer survived both. So your loss of someone with cancer is just fake cancer hype. Everyone i've known has survived it so it must've been fake right? You truly don't see the level of ignorance you've reached.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-02-18 at 02:47 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Nothing is for certain but we do know that healthy people have a considerably higher survival and recovery rate, like something on par with catching the flu. I'm going to base my decision on the science not a news story about about a young fitness instagramer who died of covid, young healthy people die unexpectedly all the time unfortunately.

Cancer might not be contagious but we do know certain risks that increase your chances of getting cancer such as being overweight. In my country you can get arrested for going to the gym to exercise but you can drive to mccdonalds for a big mac as it's an "essential journey" or sit in your house all day getting takeaway delivered, it's all bizarrely backward.

I am all for protecting the elderly and the vulnerable, if anything I think we should have done more to target those groups. You ask what gives you the right to risk people's lives but I would ask in return, what gives you the right to dictate to other people what risks they can or cannot choose for themselves to take?
    because its contagious and those risks you chose for yourself? are NEVER for just yourself. you are literally choosing to expose other people because you. were. inconvenienced.

you can work out at home. pandemic doesn't mean you suddenly stop eating healthy. you speak of science? were here is science for you, viral load matters. people who have easier time have also been shown to have gotten smaller exposure. someone like a cashier at a supermarket who sees hundreds, sometimes thousands of people a day, is going to get a much heavier viral load, unless we minimize exposure.

you go to the gym and you sweat and drip your fluids everywhere and you breath out all the extra moisture at a higher rate cause you are breathing hard, and you are in fairly closed quarters with a bunch of other people who are doing the same and you are creating a perfect environment for faster spread and higher viral load. and lets say you got lucky. even with higher viral load, you are still largely asymptomatic. but you are STILL spreading the virus everywhere you go. THAT is also science.

survival rates are higher. but that's another science bit about this virus. permanent damage? even with survival? is pretty fucking high. but god forbid, you are inconvenienced for a bit...

I had viral pneumonia on top of the covis in January. I'm over both now but have a lingering cough when I do too much
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

My wife and I had it, I had fever for 3 days and little bit of coughing now I still cough from time to time wife had fever for one day but did cough for like 10 days and still is. Mind that we went out of quarantine 10 days ago. Baby and older kid didnt had any problems, but my brother had some kind of an attack and spent 5 days in coma like state and 10 days on respirator and my uncle died. Other friends and relatives didn't had any problems...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure, on one hand I just finished my schooling ,but with lockdowns/health/slow down finding an electrical engineering technician job near me is alittle harder, so I’m kinda stuck working in a bakery atm. But I gotten a raise due to it so I’m not panicking about money.
    I’m a lazy extrovert, so I miss going to movies/sports games but I got plenty of stuff to do at home.
    The only real negative thing is my grandfather might have died of it, he had the symptoms but this was just before the lockdown so they never tested him. He was 93 and had a nice life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been lucky. No one I know has died from COVID yet. Hopefully that continues.

Been work from home since march so next month will be a year of it. It's kinda driving me nuts. In my apartment six out of seven days, only leaving for groceries.
    Putin khuliyo

I've been quite fortunate as well. All of my close family and friends have been staying at home (and have been lucky enough to be able to do so) so none have had COVID and I hope it stays that way. A close friend of my father's died last week though after catching COVID at a routine hospital appt. It was the first time he'd left the house since the initial UK lockdown last March as he was terrified of catching it. He ended up developing pneumonia quite quickly and in the end didn't make it.

Hopefully we don't have much more of this with the rapid rollout of the vaccines here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    what gives you the right to dictate to other people what risks they can or cannot choose for themselves to take?
    Do you believe that smoking indoors should be left to the rights of the individual, despite the dangers of second-hand smoke for non-smokers?