Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Mortal Kombat, live action.

Trailer for new live action movie dropping tomorrow the casting looks pretty good going off the poster.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/collider...-scorpion/amp/

Let's stay on topic and not delve into forbidden topics. Consider this the threads warning.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-03-20 at 12:29 AM.

*squeals*
    Ahem .. as a fan of the campy 90's movie I am happy to see that they try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

A lack of Johnny Cage and Scorpion saddens me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Scorpion made it just not in the larger poster picture I found.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    So I just looked it up, Cage is replaced by a new character Cole Young a MMA fighter it appears. Damn not feeling that at all if that’s the case...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    So I just looked it up, Cage is replaced by a new character Cole Young a MMA fighter it appears. Damn not feeling that at all if that’s the case...
    Honestly the more I think about it the more I expect the movie to end with the new guy saying some version of “call me Jonny” or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be excited for this, but alas...

I hope this one will have a darker and serious tone with more fight scenes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I hope this one will have a darker and serious tone with more fight scenes.
    In one interview I saw they said there would be gore and fatality’s so that would help a darker tone if they actually do it.

Really loving the Steve Harvey comparisons

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

oooooh my man Kaneda from Sunshine is playing Scorpian

Forgot how epic the score to sunshine is....

Well after the disaster that was Mortal Kombat Annihilation, it can't get any worse. If it's on par with the first one, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Honestly the more I think about it the more I expect the movie to end with the new guy saying some version of “call me Jonny” or something.
    I hope not, if you're going to go new, go new. Please don't mesh, especially when it's a very unique and first game character. Overall looks cool and watched the old movies recently, they are not good, but idk I find them oddly enjoyable (which lead me to learn about this production when searching). Personally Kung Lao has always been eh to me, wished they swapped the two, imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    I hope not, if you're going to go new, go new. Please don't mesh, especially when it's a very unique and first game character. Overall looks cool and watched the old movies recently, they are not good, but idk I find them oddly enjoyable (which lead me to learn about this production when searching). Personally Kung Lao has always been eh to me, wished they swapped the two, imo.
    Ya id prefer new just be new as well but this seems like an obvious thing they would do to wink and nudge at the fans and sequel bait.

Honestly...we're at the point where if you want to see a video game movie, just go play the video game. Especially Mortal Kombat (and Injustice). Their story modes are basically that. Helps that WB dumps like infinite money into those games, or something, since they have some of the best looking visuals in the entire industry.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Honestly...we're at the point where if you want to see a video game movie, just go play the video game. Especially Mortal Kombat (and Injustice). Their story modes are basically that. Helps that WB dumps like infinite money into those games, or something, since they have some of the best looking visuals in the entire industry.
    This is spot on too, didn't mention in either of my posts, but MK11 campaign was more cutscene than gameplay. Honestly it was decent for me, nothing I hated nothing i truly loved. But damn when I was done, I was like did i just watch a movie.

Only thing worth knowing is who will cast Cassie Cage.

They really nailer her in MK11 so gonna be hard to top that even for a real actor.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-02-18 at 10:35 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Only thing worth knowing is who will cast Cassie Cage.

They really nailer her in MK11 so gonna be hard to top that even for a real actor.
    No Cassie, I'm afraid. It's a reboot so the characters will still be pretty young and going to their first MK tournament.
    And so far no casting infos for Johnny Cage, only a new, for this movie created, male character called Cole Young.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    No Cassie, I'm afraid. It's a reboot so the characters will still be pretty young and going to their first MK tournament.
    And so far no casting infos for Johnny Cage, only a new, for this movie created, male character called Cole Young.
    Alright thanks, damn shame though she's my favorite but still hyped for trailer.
    Do you hear the voices too?

not sure how I feel about Millenas look needs to be more beastly. But then again could just be the poster rest looks good though Kung Lao specially.