Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Speculation] So Andiun gonna be new lich king

Would rather call him the bitch king. Why is the writing soo bad now?

Anduin has no personality just like all the current lore heroes. He's extremely constipated. I don't know what to do with him, but then again I don't know what to do with that entire roster of Azeroth heroes. They took anyone with a personality and turned them into villains long ago.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Man I love all these ‘DAE writing bad?!?’ threads.

Sooo many people complaining about bad writing these days..
    Guys, how about you show us what you got? Just give us 2 different character developments that you would've done during the last 2 expansions?

And after you do that, see how they would fit into the current storyline.

I'm kind of curious as to see how many brilliant mastermind literature Gods we have in our midst!

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    Man I love all these ‘DAE writing bad?!?’ threads.
    Describe Anduin without saying what he looks like, what costume he wears, his profession, nor what his role is. Describe this character to your friends like they have never played WoW or Warcraft. You can't.

You can do that for characters like Han Solo (rogueish, arrogant, charming) or C3PO (prissy, scared, anal-retentive). You can't do that for Anduin. Anduin has NO personality. The writing is terrible.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Guys, how about you show us what you got? Just give us 2 different character developments that you would've done during the last 2 expansions?

I'm kind of curious as to see how many brilliant mastermind literature Gods we have in our midst!
    I'm not on either side of the argument, but this is a bit of a silly stance to take. Blizzard writers are paid professionals, so to try and compare them to random people is just a bit foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be funny to see when Anduin won't be Lich King and Sylvanas won't be "redeemed" with "greater good plan all along", even if Blizzard is now clearly hinting those (kinda like everyone was crying that Illidan will be turned in to a holy version of himself).

love spoilers in title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    love spoilers in title.
    More speculation than spoiler.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post

You dont need to be a master to understand the story/writing is all over the place. They are trying to tie things up with books and half assed ingame.. ye never though it was a good combo but meh.

Red Letter Media explained a key difference between good and bad writing here at 6:41.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    I'm not on either side of the argument, but this is a bit of a silly stance to take. Blizzard writers are paid professionals, so to try and compare them to random people is just a bit foolish.
    I think it’s more to do with the fact that these threads are all “ugh Blizz sucks at writing” and that’s literally it. No real discussion. People equate not liking something with it sucking, which isn’t necessarily true

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    It will be funny to see when Anduin won't be Lich King and Sylvanas won't be "redeemed" with "greater good plan all along", even if Blizzard is now clearly hinting those (kinda like everyone was crying that Illidan will be turned in to a holy version of himself).
    Blizzard is not clearly hinting this at all.
    There's a small but dedicated group of former players on MMO-Champ that keep trolling the forums with Horde-centric nonsense, and they desperately want to create a narrative where one of the Alliance leaders falls like many Horde leaders did, so they can go : See, it happens everywhere - Horde is not inherently evil. And a redemption arc for Sylvanas would be the ultimate dream for their hormonal blind devotion to this computer character.

I've got the popcorn ready for Blizcon :-)

3+ Year Old Account
    that would be terrible considering that Anduin was supposed to be the "Arthas that took on a better path"
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Describe Anduin without saying what he looks like, what costume he wears, his profession, nor what his role is. Describe this character to your friends like they have never played WoW or Warcraft. You can't.

You can do that for characters like Han Solo (rogueish, arrogant, charming) or C3PO (prissy, scared, anal-retentive). You can't do that for Anduin. Anduin has NO personality. The writing is terrible.
    Stalwart, naive, hopeful, conflicted. Oh look I just did the thing you said I can't do. Maybe try digging a little deeper than ripping your argument directly from an RLM video.

Beyond that, Anduin has had a ton of characterization and personal arcs within the game itself, and more if you include the novels... to the point where I think in the history of WoW, for better or worse Anduin probably gets some of the MOST attention to character and development above other more popular characters. It's kind of weird that you chose to use him as an example of a point when he might be in one of the best positions to disprove it.

And that's coming from me, someone who isn't particularly interested in Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think it’s more to do with the fact that these threads are all “ugh Blizz sucks at writing” and that’s literally it. No real discussion. People equate not liking something with it sucking, which isn’t necessarily true
    I think you're completely right, but fighting silly posts with silly posts just makes everyone look stupid.

Isn't it also a bit early to declare this as terrible writing? It hasn't even been confirmed, and we don't know how it's going to actually play out even if it is true. Wait until the end of the expansion to judge this writing? I get that people don't like the direction it's going, but let's not be too hasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Anduin has no personality just like all the current lore heroes. He's extremely constipated. I don't know what to do with him, but then again I don't know what to do with that entire roster of Azeroth heroes. They took anyone with a personality and turned them into villains long ago.
    Can't do anything because they've written themselves into a black hole. The only thing to do is kill all of them except maybe one to be your franchise connection and wise old man. Start new, like they should have with Shadowlands.

Copy from 40K this time around and steal some of Dan Abbott's Horus Heresy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    I think you're completely right, but fighting silly posts with silly posts just makes everyone look stupid.

Isn't it also a bit early to declare this as terrible writing? It hasn't even been confirmed, and we don't know how it's going to actually play out even if it is true. Wait until the end of the expansion to judge this writing? I get that people don't like the direction it's going, but let's not be too hasty.
    It is already terrible writing. And I already clearly demonstrated exactly one huge problem with it in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever does happen to him will be temporary....they ain't killing him off so we will probably end up saving him from whatever Baldy got planned for him.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2021-02-18 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Blizzard is not clearly hinting this at all.
    There's a small but dedicated group of former players on MMO-Champ that keep trolling the forums with Horde-centric nonsense, and they desperately want to create a narrative where one of the Alliance leaders falls like many Horde leaders did, so they can go : See, it happens everywhere - Horde is not inherently evil. And a redemption arc for Sylvanas would be the ultimate dream for their hormonal blind devotion to this computer character.

I've got the popcorn ready for Blizcon :-)
    I have no idea of those things you talk about, the "clear hints" were just my interpretations of the last two cinematics I got from Torghast. Hopefuly BlizConline opens this up.