Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[spoilers] Shalamourne and Anduin

Sooo, I just read about the leak where Sylvanas turns Anduin into the next LK, which many of us predicted the moment we laid eyes on Shalamourne, and wanted to talk something with you guys.

Considering two other theories that were discussed on this forum:
    1. Anduin actually being the son of Arthas.
    2. The gem inserted into Shalamourne was in fact the soul of Arthas.

, what do you guys think is coming?

Personally, I'm really curious, WoW's story hasn't had me so interested in quite the while now!

Anduin is not Arthas son, no amount of fan wank will ever make this true.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The nonsense of him being son of arthas needs to die asap please, its just plain stupid. Both being blonde doesnt make you family lol.

Point 2 is possible, but that was just a thing that got got mentioned in the leak. No point in discussing that, we will see hoe it will turn out tomorrow.

I think that most of this is hogwash, and the only correct part is that Sylvanas will use, or at least attempt to use, Shalamourne on Anduin.

A new Lich King within the Shadowlands would be completely pointless, and the other two "theories" are really just fanwank with little to nothing to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    A new Lich King within the Shadowlands would be completely pointless, and the other two "theories" are really just fanwank with little to nothing to support them.
    Not true, it is supported by the wishful thinking of a whole bunch of former players that just cannot move on from the game they played 4 years when they were teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    There is zero evidence to support this and is more of a conspiracy theory at this point.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There is zero evidence to support this and is more of a conspiracy theory at this point.
    It's not even that. Anduin's mother (Queen Tiffin) had blonde hair. So that's where he got it from. The whole "Anduin is Arthas' son" nonsense is literally fanfiction, and bad fanfiction at that which ignores the fact his mother was a blonde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Sooo, I just read about the leak where Sylvanas turns Anduin into the next LK, which many of us predicted the moment we laid eyes on Shalamourne, and wanted to talk something with you guys.

Considering two other theories that were discussed on this forum:
    2. The gem inserted into Shalamourne was in fact the soul of Arthas.

, what do you guys think is coming?

Personally, I'm really curious, WoW's story hasn't had me so interested in quite the while now!
    1.: I think it was already debunked that he is not Arthas' son.
    2.: Why does it have to be a gem containing Arthas' soul?
    3.: I'm still iffy about him becoming the new Lich King, as I feel this expansion would limit that development a lot.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-02-18 at 02:26 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not even that. Anduin's mother (Queen Tiffin) had blonde hair. So that's where he got it from. The whole "Anduin is Arthas' son" nonsense is literally fanfiction, and bad fanfiction at that which ignores the fact his mother was a blonde.
    Or, for that matter, that you can even have blonde hair when both of your biological parents don't. People keep getting this relation backwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's far more likely that we have to find Arthas in the Maw with the help of Uther, and then he'll assist us in saving Anduin, knowing something about how to.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The nonsense of him being son of arthas needs to die asap please, its just plain stupid. Both being blonde doesnt make you family lol.
    Less stupid that actually stupid canon like Calia Menethil...so it's within the realm of possibility!

The gem inserted is clearly without a doubt Varians twisted soul.

As is trend I shall post no evidence nor other compelling evidence besides it's the simplest solution to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zull View Post
    The gem inserted is clearly without a doubt Varians twisted soul.

As is trend I shall post no evidence nor other compelling evidence besides it's the simplest solution to the problem.
    i got schooled on this before... Varian's soul? the same soul that was obliterated/destroyed by fel magic? as much as it would be great but that's just a pipe dream =(

::Edit::

goddamnit! clicked reply before i even saw your second line! XD

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Less stupid that actually stupid canon like Calia Menethil...so it's within the realm of possibility!
    WellI honestly dont even remember where that whole crap of anduin came from, but wasnt it debunked already?

I dont care for her, but I thought it wasnt realy needed to put the name Menethil there, when in Legion she even said its just Calia now. Which I though was a nod to her brother.. but maybe it was just because of that stupid meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Anduin is not Arthas son, no amount of fan wank will ever make this true.
    What if Arthas was actually the mother? Lul

Lol even my brother ( who likes the lore, but doesn't play ) First thing he said "is that Arthas". As much as most of you would hate that he would be Arthas's son, I wouldn't put it past blizz to make that story happen. Arthas speaking through the sword as a spirit: "Anduin, I am your father" Anduin: "NoOooOoooooOOOooooooo" before getting his arm chopped off. Don't think it wouldn't happen? End of BFA Nyalotha raid cinematic was a 1 for 1 LOTR ending with the towers falling apart, the music.

3+ Year Old Account
    Can we hope that Palpatine the Jailer let's Count Sylvanas die this patch and takes up Anduin Skywalker as his new aprentice? I mean even that would be derivative obviously, but would be ballsy.

I'd prefer if the Blue Gem inserted into Shalamayne is... the Blue Gem originally embedded into Shalla'tor, which was one of the two Shalamayne's part. This gem could have "saved"/stored Varian's soul when he got disenchanted by Gul'dan

Armor looks more mawsworn than lich king to me.

There is no chance that Arthas is his dad, because if you read the Lich king book, it stats that Jania, is his first, and I doubt he had time to travel to stormwind, too bang Anduins mom after stratholme, since he went straight to northrend