Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I consider that nothing compared to looking the other way on Sylvanas' evil schemes.

You can really see a large portion of horde players main blood elves, with their biggest greavance being the sunreaver incident in dalaran. Even dazar'alor has died down and that is the most recent one.

I find that funny seeing as horde players like to dunk on alliance players for not playing quote unquote cooler races, but differently sized humans according to horde.

Who do horde then turn around and play the most, blood elves, the most human like horde race out there, save undead ofcoarse.

The irony is palpable

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    You can really see a large portion of horde players main blood elves, with their biggest greavance being the sunreaver incident in dalaran. Even dazar'alor has died down and that is the most recent one.

I find that funny seeing as horde players like to dunk on alliance players for not playing quote unquote cooler races, but differently sized humans according to horde.

Who do horde then turn around and play the most, blood elves, the most human like horde race out there, save undead ofcoarse.

The irony is palpable
    There's no reason to have any grievances over the Battle of Dazar'alor. Not only had the Zandalari Empire been in direct conflict with the Alliance on numerous occasions, the city was also being used as a staging ground for the Horde's offensive on Kul Tiras. It was just another battle of the Fourth War.

Keep the faction conflict in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    There's no reason to have any grievances over the Battle of Dazar'alor. Not only had the Zandalari Empire been in direct conflict with the Alliance on numerous occasions, the city was also being used as a staging ground for the Horde's offensive on Kul Tiras. It was just another battle of the Fourth War.

Keep the faction conflict in the game.
    I'm aware however seeing as you can write the horde grievances against alliance on the back of a stamp. You would expect them bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Some people died, that was never in question, the question is how many. Given that the head of the lore department said there was no massacre, and only the people that violently resisted arrest were killed, one should assume that the "sun robber"'s friends were violently not complying when guards showed up to arrest or evict them, because that fits the established lore.
    You're not only still misrepresenting his Reddit post that was about Jaina's and the player's personal actions alone by projecting it onto the entirety of pro-Jaina actors in the Purge, but now you also pulled a statement that there was no massacre out of the nether. That comment said nothing of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Wow, won't you look at that, yet another retcon that whitewashes Alliance's funky stuff. Colour me surprised.
    It's not a retcon, it's @Darth-Piekus' fantasy. All the Legion Mage questline confirmed was that the traitor that sided with the Legion was also a Sunreaver. Which said fuck all about the events leading up to the Purge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    You can really see a large portion of horde players main blood elves, with their biggest greavance being the sunreaver incident in dalaran.
    Looks like someone forgot about Garithos and key parts of Eversong/Ghostlands. But it's to be expected from Ally fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Garathos didn't do anything wrong the high elves left him and his family high and dry when the orcs invaded lordearon, because he lived out in the boonies nearer to quel'thalas than lordearon proper. Also he was only commander of the alliance forces because literally everyone else was dead, somewhere else (Daelin chasing the horde to kalimdor) or not in the war at all because the interment camps and nethergarde keep cost him a fortune (Genn) futhermore if you get to wash your hands from Sylvanas, Garrosh, or name another warchief that commited warcrimes, then so do we with Garathos

As for the night elve spies and saboteurs in ghostlands if that is what your reffereing too. nelves have always been weary of arcane casters since you know the sunwell and sudering azeroth.

furthermore why they didn't use draenei is beyond me. as their are sunstrider loyal bloodelves all over azure and bloodmyst isle openly working with the burning legion. the question then becomes are the events in ghostlands and bloodmyst happening at the same time or did bloodmyst happen before ghostland it in lore, up for debate i gues. however if they are, well seeing as the night elves are helping the draenei on azuremyst and bloodmyst isle it could be debated that said night elves went to investigate their cousins in quel'thalas and found they were openly siphoning fel magic from demons (before blizzard retconned that).

however my point was of all the grievances the horde complain about the most its definitely dalaran. Camp Taurajo is next, followed by the explorers league in mulgore, in that order. occationally they will bring up the orc interment camps when horde players can't think up enouth stuff to put on the back of that stamp.

ghostlands is rarely brough up because people barely remember it.

also i was pointing out the irony about horde players making fun of alliance players for playing essencially diffferent sized humans. and not "interestring" races like orcs and tauren. when most of them main blood elves the most human horde race with the exception of undead.
    Last edited by bowlink; 2021-02-17 at 09:47 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    "Garithos did nothing wrong", did I read that right? Once again, Ally fans going on a limb to whitewash their... Not so glorious past.

"Garithos did nothing wrong", did I read that right? Once again, Ally fans going on a limb to whitewash their... Not so glorious past.
    yep mostly to get a reaction out of you. because if horde get to claim Garrosh didn't nothing wrong we as sure as hell get to claim the same thing with Othmar

I'm aware however seeing as you can write the horde grievances against alliance on the back of a stamp. You would expect them bring it up.
    I'm not interested in your opinions on how WoW players act based on their choice of faction.

yep mostly to get a reaction out of you. because if horde get to claim Garrosh didn't nothing wrong we as sure as hell get to claim the same thing with Othmar
    And this is why. It's possible to discuss the lore without pretending you're a member of the Alliance.

How is that any different from the Orcs doing that? Or the Trolls conveniently forgetting that they ever practiced cannibalism? Or the Blood Elves being largely responsible for their own plight by practicing isolationism?

- Gul'dan never deceived the Orcs. He presented the mixture as something that would make them stronger, and it did, he never said, or anyone for that matter ever asked him what the downsides would be. They then ultimately accepted it as it would make them stronger than others. And the events of WoD showed that they would have gone looting and pillaging based on "might makes right," if anyone pointed them in the direction of it. If he had told them that it was a cure for The Red Pox then yes, he would indeed have deceived them.

- The Orcs were also never unfairly imprisoned after the War. They were the aggressors who came into the world intent on plundering and pillaging everything and killing everyone on their way. The Alliance did them a service by imprisoning them instead of genociding them off the face of Azeroth, which they as the victors were entitled to.

The Orcs is down to "the slaves that are happy to be slaves" an analogy of the Lost Cause revisionist Confederacy. I doubt that the original writers ever made a conscious choice to make them that or were even aware that they did it, however, that's the result and a clear case of the "death of the author" trope.

3+ Year Old Account
    Garathos didn't do anything wrong the high elves left him and his family
    Garithos sent Kael'thas and the Blood Elves a suicide attack towards Dalvengyr and they all would have been dead if not for Vashj interfering; and when Garithos' plan to leave them for dead failed he slated them all for execution when he could have just imprisoned Kael alone. And he and his squad most likely left Jennalla and her High Elves with very few forces to leave them for dead from Arthas and his Scourge
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    How is that any different from the Orcs doing that?
    I never claimed it was any different, thanks for your strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    I know this is intended to be humour and it just shows how incredibly biased you are.
    Yes I'm incredibly bias for pointing out how the game revolves around the humans.

A person can only make fun of what they think is okay to be made fun of.
    uhh huh

- - - Updated - - -

One willfully did wrong.
    One reacted wrong to other's wrongs.

It's a simple thing to look at both and see 2 evil people, but try not to think you're being the same as Horde players who understand the character of Garrosh better than you do. You're just being simply wrong for the sake of conflict

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Yes I'm incredibly bias for pointing out how the game revolves around the humans.

uhh huh

- - - Updated - - -

One willfully did wrong.
    One reacted wrong to other's wrongs.

It's a simple thing to look at both and see 2 evil people, but try not to think you're being the same as Horde players who understand the character of Garrosh better than you do. You're just being simply wrong for the sake of conflict
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUomeoGHvKM
    yea hes really reacting to other wrongs there. pretty sure that was open conquest, and when he found out the alliance found a new land mass he threw a hissy fit.

i know Garrosh well enouth a hothead just like his dad, the difference his dad atleast had some redeeming qualities.

and to make it blantantly obvious i know othmar Garithos is an inredeembler a-hole. i'm not blind however whenever we point out Horde as loads of characters like Garrathos, Zaela. Garrosh, Sylvanas, Galliwix etc all of a sudden they don't reprisent the horde. well same applies to Othmar Garrathos, he doesn't represent the alliance, hes an upstart noble who was at the right place at the wrong time.

but do we get the common courtesy of Garithos being an anomaly, nope we get branded with him because hes of like 5 instances where the alliance does questional things, if it even gets mentioned ingame that is.

so seeing as alliance can't get away from Othmar Garithos might as well shove him in your face, and watch you blow a gasket
    Last edited by bowlink; 2021-02-19 at 05:41 AM.

Lor'themar is the typical hypocrite leader.

One day he talks about not being a politician and the next he is all about subtlety, diplomacy, and appearances. There is more of that in the Nathanos backstory back before the Garithos fiasco happened.

Then you have the Void Elf scenario. At that point, he officially played into the trope of the self-righteous leader who discriminates for the "greater good". The biggest irony here is that he did a mix of ancient Night Elves and Garithos - both parties being main victim points for the Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Lor'themar is the typical hypocrite leader.

One day he talks about not being a politician and the next he is all about subtlety, diplomacy, and appearances. There is more of that in the Nathanos backstory back before the Garithos fiasco happened.

Then you have the Void Elf scenario. At that point, he officially played into the trope of the self-righteous leader who discriminates for the "greater good". The biggest irony here is that he did a mix of ancient Night Elves and Garithos - both parties being main victim points for the Blood Elves.
    Yes we know, you like void elves and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Instead he appeased the alliance and did nothing to aid his people.
    Returning to the Alliance was absolutely the right move. The Horde had not helped the Blood Elves at all for the entirety of their tenure as members of the Horde. In fact, the Horde had only worsened the Belves' situation. Meanwhile, Lor'Themar was watching the Alliance prosper right across the street from him, and the Alliance was willing to accept the Belves again. There was no reason NOT to rejoin. And rejoining would mean that the imprisoned Sunreavers would be released. To be frank, the Divine Bell incident shouldn't have sabotoged Lor'Themar's efforts to rejoin the Alliance. It should have solidified it. Realistically SoO should have ended with Lor'Themar and the Belves rejoining the Alliance as the Alliance emerges as a victorious superpower and crushes the Horde. But... Horde vs Alliance stupidity means that the status quo must remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Returning to the Alliance was absolutely the right move. The Horde had not helped the Blood Elves at all for the entirety of their tenure as members of the Horde. In fact, the Horde had only worsened the Belves' situation. Meanwhile, Lor'Themar was watching the Alliance prosper right across the street from him, and the Alliance was willing to accept the Belves again. There was no reason NOT to rejoin. And rejoining would mean that the imprisoned Sunreavers would be released. To be frank, the Divine Bell incident shouldn't have sabotoged Lor'Themar's efforts to rejoin the Alliance. It should have solidified it. Realistically SoO should have ended with Lor'Themar and the Belves rejoining the Alliance as the Alliance emerges as a victorious superpower and crushes the Horde. But... Horde vs Alliance stupidity means that the status quo must remain the same.
    The Forsaken help is the reason why there's still Quel'Thalas. And look at all dat prosperity among the Alliance at the time Lor'themar reached out to them. Like getting their teeth kicked in by the Horde at almost every front, because in their wisdom the Alliance leaders decided to let Varian, a guy who was fighting his first war ever, to lead them in a conflict of a global scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    the Alliance still refused to help Quel'thalas for 6 years when they were on the brink of extinction
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.