Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyqwuak View Post
    Sylvanas stabbing and turning Anduin into Lich King 2.0
    More like 4.0 but this turn of events will still work for me. I predicred this a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    You seem so hellbent on disappointment.

Why are you here?
    Cause existance is pain

You know what you guys COULD do? is just wait fucking 2 days.. and blizzard will flat out just tell you whats gonna happen officially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    This is probably faker than Nicki Minaj, but for the sake of discussion.

I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand, bland old Anduin turning into the freakin Lich King would spice things up nicely and enable the Alliance to pursue other story avenues. On the other hand it feels way too sudden. Nothing in his character arc suggests that he is heading in that direction so it would only be done for shock value.
    It coming out of nowhere for shock value and being the stupidest possible route they could take to write themselves out of the corner they wrote themselves into with Sylvanas is what makes me think this is legit.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    If this was true (and that's a HUGE if) this sounds like next expansion type of stuff. Not something we would get this early into Shadowlands.
    well they did that in bfa...
    bfa has best cgi in wow so far, and better than SL intro (I like SL, but i never accept LK humiliated by a b8tch)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It coming out of nowhere for shock value and being the stupidest possible route they could take to write themselves out of the corner they wrote themselves into with Sylvanas is what makes me think this is legit.
    we talk about same company that sh8tcon their own story for the lols
    also after humiliate the LK like that (even if it was bolvar), i won't be surprised with anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    At this point, the phrase might as well be "There must always be an (Alliance) lich king". Couldn't they have kidnapped Baine (for the 5 billionth time) and made him the Lich Cow that sends bovine swarms across the land so we can have another undead invasion that's even less impressive than the one before Shadowlands was, but with cows instead?
    Baine is too beta to be LK, in fact i bet Frostmourne will feel disgust if it tries to stab him
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Last edited by ilgynoth; 2021-02-18 at 02:22 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Good point. It is just the kind of stupid shit Blizzard would write. The leak might still be wrong. I wonder can somebody guess the story without any secret cutscene shown only to a select few who wouldn't risk leaking it?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So.. Chains of domination seems to be the name of the patch.. we will see tomorrow.

""CGI Cinematic with Sylvanas stabbing and turning Anduin into Lich King 2.0""

hmmm... Its literaly the Night King arc from GoT then. lol

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Probably one of the most interesting images from the press kit:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I guess both of my takes were true - Anduin is the Lich King and Sylvanas is the Gul'dan of this patch. Torghast raid so early on surprises me though.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

You know, I honestly don't mind Evil Anduin. I do hope they don't go too heavy on the redemption things, though. Just beating sense back into him would kind of cheapen this - although I don't dislike Anduin as much as a lot of other people here, I do hope they commit to killing him off if they make this kind of decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    You know, I honestly don't mind Evil Anduin. I do hope they don't go too heavy on the redemption things, though. Just beating sense back into him would kind of cheapen this - although I don't dislike Anduin as much as a lot of other people here, I do hope they commit to killing him off if they make this kind of decision.
    There's absolutely no chance of Anduin dying here. He's the main character of the game. He'll be the penultimate boss before Sylvanas and we'll recover to fix him over the next patch. If he does, I'll write Calia fanfiction.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I would wager that the end-result may be that he remains corrupted but we return to him his free will - making him a kind of parallel to Bolvar. To what extent and what end remains unknown.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Leak fake, the raid is about Sylvanas, not Kel'thuzad.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I guess both of my takes were true - Anduin is the Lich King and Sylvanas is the Gul'dan of this patch. Torghast raid so early on surprises me though.
    It does feel really early.

Though then again, I guess this was my main expectation before I latched onto the one raid per covenant theory.

Hopefully Sylvanas won't be defeated completely though. I still stand by that she is the main villain we have investment in defeating. The Jailer is cool and all, but the players are far more investen in Sylvanas, so I was really hoping she would be a constant presence until the final patch at least.

Also. "New" zone is quite impressive for an X.1 patch. Wonder how extensive it will end up being.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would wager that the end-result may be that he remains corrupted but we return to him his free will - making him a kind of parallel to Bolvar. To what extent and what end remains unknown.
    That would be a little disappointing - then again, if Death Knight Anduin becomes part of the Ebon Blade or something of the sort, it could work out a little better.

If he does rejoin the Alliance, I am somewhat curious as to what that would mean for the political state of things. Unless he ends up Sir Zelieking his way back into using the Light (which would be a little too Med'an-y for my tastes) he'd definitely be a cause for concern among the Alliance. Wonder if there would be any political upheaval due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Leak fake, the raid is about Sylvanas, not Kel'thuzad.
    I guess with an impressive amount of salt taken I guess you could argue that KT is likely to be a boss in the raid, so maybe some things got mixed up.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    There's absolutely no chance of Anduin dying here. He's the main character of the game. He'll be the penultimate boss before Sylvanas and we'll recover to fix him over the next patch. If he does, I'll write Calia fanfiction.
    If he does, are you actually going to stand by that? I can give you a word count.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    Anduin is neutral .
    He is the High King of the Alliance, that's hardly "neutral".
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.