Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well this was wrong wasn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Korthia a new zone or just an extension to the maw? Seems more like the second option for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    If he does, are you actually going to stand by that? I can give you a word count.
    Yes, man of my word. My precognitive powers saved me from buying Anduin merch in BFA, they'll do the same for this. Word count is open to suggestion.

@Sondrelk

I'm wondering if this'll be another WoD situation where there's only three raids, because I don't see any continuation if we're already in the Maw except for the Jailer to attack Oribos or wherever and wrap up the expansion. I guess we'll know based on what happens to Kel'thuzad but it seems they're blowing their load with a megadungeon + raid, which was a 8.2 throw in in BFA all in the very first patch.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So we're fighting both Anduin and Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    If he does, are you actually going to stand by that? I can give you a word count.
    You must be deluded if you truly think Blizzard has the balls to kill Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yes, man of my word. My precognitive powers saved me from buying Anduin merch in BFA, they'll do the same for this. Word count within reason of course, so am open to suggestion.

@Sondrelk

I'm wondering if this'll be another WoD situation where there's only three raids, because I don't see any continuation if we're already in the Maw except for the Jailer to attack Oribos or wherever and wrap up the expansion. I guess we'll know based on what happens to Kel'thuzad but it seems they're blowing their load with a megadungeon + raid, which was a 8.2 throw in in BFA all in the very first patch.
    It does seem like it could be.
    More for me on flying being added this early. Feels very early unless the Devs have just completely capitulated on world design.

I guess the X.2 patches tend to be a substory like Naga or Mogu. If we still assume Thros for 9.2 then the story would essentially be shuffling its feet until 9.3.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    So we're fighting both Anduin and Sylvanas.
    You must be deluded if you truly think Blizzard has the balls to kill Anduin.
    This is the truth of it. The Delaryn thing was at least a slight risk since Blizzard could have dropped the plotline entirely (and they almost did). But Anduin has titanium plot armor.

Blowing their load on Sylvanas and Anduin early though, which would get even worse if they waste Kel'thuzad on a questline or something.

@Sondrelk

I think the WoD version is a higher likelihood unless we see some major plot threads get brought in. Deescalating from Anduin and Sylvanas to Drust #1893 would both be a misstep and hugely unlikely.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-02-18 at 03:24 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

I'm gonna puke.

at least Slut Queen will die.

that will be the only good thing in it.

hopefully it's not CGI defeat cinematic,

she doesn't deserve that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is the truth of it. The Delaryn thing was at least a slight risk since Blizzard could have dropped the plotline entirely (and they almost did). But Anduin has titanium plot armor.

Blowing their load on Sylvanas and Anduin early though, which would get even worse if they waste Kel'thuzad on a questline or something.
    They are both gonna be "redeemed" somehow. It might be their joint plan to have Anduin villainified. Sylvanas couldn't avoid lichifying Anduin in their current position. So what I think is that they have devised a plan together, and that Anduin, being Anduin, hopes the heroes of Azeroth will find their way to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    at least Slut Queen will die.
    Oh, my sweet summer child...

Ill throw in my two cents,

Anduin gets saved by Talia Fordragon as a sort roll reversal save the princess. As she still needs to be his baby mama to continue the house of wrynn.

Sylvanas has her heart grew three sized that day moment against the jailer.

And then we go back to azeroth where turalyon has proclaimed himself lord protector in the name the light. Genn is leading a resistance waiting for anduin to return. And scarlet brotherhood brings in their candidate as the true heir of the alliance of lordearon. Where we have a threeway civil war.

And the horde gets to do quests involving a robot fox, and a boat ride that fades to black because blizzard couldn't be bothered to give a propper introduction to twilight highlan..... sorry the totally new zone, where horde get to go a wedding to unite some tribes. Aka being relegated to the background for a change

Yea i'm totally not still salty about cataclysm mop and bfa, o look thats all the expansions that involved faction conflict.
    Last edited by bowlink; 2021-02-18 at 03:35 PM.

I actually believed this leak to be real, but oh well... The revealed stuff also sound very exciting tho!

@Sondrelk

I think the WoD version is a higher likelihood unless we see some major plot threads get brought in. Deescalating from Anduin and Sylvanas to Drust #1893 would both be a misstep and hugely unlikely.
    My guess if we have 2 more raids after this I would guess the "twist" will be Sylvanas usurping the Jailer. That would mean we need to re-establish the threat of the Shadowlands, meaning we have time for another patch before the finale.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    She is gonna die boi
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    My guess if we have 2 more raids after this I would guess the "twist" will be Sylvanas usurping the Jailer. That would mean we need to re-establish the threat of the Shadowlands, meaning we have time for another patch before the finale.
    As with BFA I think they're blowing through this too soon, especially in terms of us basically 'solving' the Maw in the following patch in some fashion, the same way Ny'alotha and Nazjatar were very quickly dealt with. I'm entirely in support of Sylvanas usurping the Jailer and becoming the last boss but the prospects of this heavily depend on what happens next. The natural escalation of the plot from Meet New Land -> Team up vs. the Jailer's Number 2 -> Kill the Blue Man once he has what he needs to invade Oribos/reality is pretty clearly set out and I don't see what you could conceivably put between 2 and 3 without spinning your wheels.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    At this point, the phrase might as well be "There must always be an (Alliance) lich king". Couldn't they have kidnapped Baine (for the 5 billionth time) and made him the Lich Cow that sends bovine swarms across the land so we can have another undead invasion that's even less impressive than the one before Shadowlands was, but with cows instead?
    Secret cow level, Warcraft version
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    They can annoy us with her only for so long. A character prominent since ever and a catalyst of so many world changing events, final raid boss, her surviving that would be just exhausting.

This patch theme comes super early. I expected an outside threat in 9.1. Taragruwhatever was also expected more in Jailed raid. Also flying comes very early. For me it means they move the story in a very different direction after this, don't really believe in short expansion.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-18 at 03:54 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They can annoy us with her only for so long. A character prominent since ever and a final raid boss, her surviving that would be just exhausting.
    *cough*Jaina*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They can annoy us with her only for so long. A character prominent since ever and a final raid boss, her surviving that would be just exhausting.

This patch theme comes super early. I expected an outside threat in 9.1. Taragruwhatever was also expected more in Jailed raid. Also flying comes very early. For me it means they move the story in a very different direction after this, don't really believe in short expansion.
    I actually expected the Winter Queen/Ardenweald to be assaulted for the key to the Maw prison in 9.1, so yeah, they're using high tier assets pretty fast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    *cough*Jaina*cough*
    ALLIANCE IS NOTHING.. oh wait...
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we get to finally take a stake to Sylvanas, 9.1 will be the best WoW patch in years!