Solution to Toxicity in the solo queue

You have the option to Veto or Favorite each player.

A player you have Vetoed will never be added to your team.

A player you have Favorited will always be selected for your team.
    A player you have Favorited, can get a star from you, in which case he will be prioritized over your other Favored players.
    If your pool of Favoured players is extremely large, a 2nd star can be added to those with a single star to further prioritize.

You will have the option to bypass this system, allowing you to queue up with all players.
    Additionally, you will have the option to also queue up with formerly Vetoed players, if queue times have become undesirable.

If 10 people who are online right now, and waiting in the queue have Favorited you, and you have Favorited exactly 4 of those people, they will all be added to your team. If you have ALL 10 people favorited, you will be randomly assigned 4 people of those 10, unless you have added a 2nd Layer of priority to exactly 4 of those 10.

This system will minimize queue times of those players that are most loved by others. Of course the more desirable you are, the harder it is for other players competing for your attention to get you on their team.

If you're a Toxic player, you will slowly become so undesirable that your queue times will skyrocket, forcing you to either change your behaviour, or quit.

You can manually review all players you have either Favorited or Vetoed, in case you made a mistake, or feel like that player has changed.

It is not possible to abuse this system, since Vetoing in itself increases your personal Queue time by reducing your potential pool.
    If a player is good, Vetoing him will be detrimental to yourself. If a player is Toxic, making him a Favorite is also detrimental to yourself.

If you can see a flaw in this system, you probably don't understand it, so please think very carefully before replying.

/mute all

Best thing i ever did in my league life

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    /mute all

Best thing i ever did in my league life
    That does not prevent Toxicity, since it takes many forms.
    It certainly helps, but consider for a moment just how pointless it is to be playing a multiplayer game in which the other players might as well be bots?

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    That does not prevent Toxicity, since it takes many forms.
    It certainly helps, but consider for a moment just how pointless it is to be playing a multiplayer game in which the other players might as well be bots?
    For my situation is the best.
    Because if i see a minor comment to my gameplay...i instantly get tilted...INSTANTLY.

Is absolutely the best for me

Ofc if u want to play LoL with the bonus of being social.....thats different.....but i dont reccommend playing ranked with chat enabled at all.
    Maybe just be social in normals...and let ranked be your job i dont know

You have the option to Veto or Favorite each player.

A player you have Vetoed will never be added to your team.

A player you have Favorited will always be selected for your team.
    A player you have Favorited, can get a star from you, in which case he will be prioritized over your other Favored players.
    If your pool of Favoured players is extremely large, a 2nd star can be added to those with a single star to further prioritize.

You will have the option to bypass this system, allowing you to queue up with all players.
    Additionally, you will have the option to also queue up with formerly Vetoed players, if queue times have become undesirable.

If 10 people who are online right now, and waiting in the queue have Favorited you, and you have Favorited exactly 4 of those people, they will all be added to your team. If you have ALL 10 people favorited, you will be randomly assigned 4 people of those 10, unless you have added a 2nd Layer of priority to exactly 4 of those 10.

This system will minimize queue times of those players that are most loved by others. Of course the more desirable you are, the harder it is for other players competing for your attention to get you on their team.

If you're a Toxic player, you will slowly become so undesirable that your queue times will skyrocket, forcing you to either change your behaviour, or quit.

You can manually review all players you have either Favorited or Vetoed, in case you made a mistake, or feel like that player has changed.

It is not possible to abuse this system, since Vetoing in itself increases your personal Queue time by reducing your potential pool.
    If a player is good, Vetoing him will be detrimental to yourself. If a player is Toxic, making him a Favorite is also detrimental to yourself.

If you can see a flaw in this system, you probably don't understand it, so please think very carefully before replying.
    Overwatch had a system like this at the beginning, where if you ignored a player they wouldnt be on your team. Players would purposefully ignore the lesser players at their rank so that they would end up on the enemy team and their team would have a generally higher skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Overwatch had a system like this at the beginning, where if you ignored a player they wouldnt be on your team. Players would purposefully ignore the lesser players at their rank so that they would end up on the enemy team and their team would have a generally higher skill level.
    The point is to give players more choice over who they join up with.

Just having Ignored players being unable to join your team doesn't solve anything.

Lets say you could calculate the average desirability of a player, depending on how many Vetos and Favorites/Stars he or she would get. The system would clump the most desirable people together on the same team and having the other team be a cluster of players with a similar average desirability rating would prevent what you just mentioned.

I get why they wouldn't implement a system like this... because it's more work. It's still not that complicated to implement, but it does require maintenance.

That system sounds great to me, the only thing I can say it's that it's not a system specific for toxicity, so yeah toxic people may have the choice to leave the game but also people that are not that good either, or new players.
    I think that maybe having a non- toxic queue could also be a solution or a system of reward for non-toxic people that gives them some advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellst0rmm View Post
    That system sounds great to me, the only thing I can say it's that it's not a system specific for toxicity, so yeah toxic people may have the choice to leave the game but also people that are not that good either, or new players.
    I think that maybe having a non- toxic queue could also be a solution or a system of reward for non-toxic people that gives them some advantages.
    Yes, this would disadvantage "bad" players and new players significantly. But, lets say that if you get a significant amount of Vetoes in Gold, you could choose to lower your rank to Silver, in exchange for removing all Vetoes currently on you. You could still play in Gold, but your queue times would be shortened quite a lot by moving voluntarily to Silver.

Any Veto you would find unfair, could be reviewed by customer service, to prevent mass Vetoing of opponents you wish to get rid of. Still, if the pool of players is large enough, you Vetoing a good player would not prevent him from becoming your opponent, since he would get a lot of Favourites from other players who want to utilize his skill. It will always be in your favor to Veto "bad" or toxic players though.

As I said in the original post, this system would require some extensive maintenance, so I'm guessing that is why they haven't implemented something similar. Much cheaper to just let players suffer.

Yes, this would disadvantage "bad" players and new players significantly. But, lets say that if you get a significant amount of Vetoes in Gold, you could choose to lower your rank to Silver, in exchange for removing all Vetoes currently on you. You could still play in Gold, but your queue times would be shortened quite a lot by moving voluntarily to Silver.
    I think that they should ask people if they are new to the game when they create a new account and place new players together and the ones that already knows the game in different games, so maybe it can be less detrimental to new players. I think the demotion is a good idea. Even if it's because your not good. If you are gold and no one want to play with you because of your skills, maybe its not the best elo for you.

As I said in the original post, this system would require some extensive maintenance, so I'm guessing that is why they haven't implemented something similar. Much cheaper to just let players suffer.
    Your idea is very complete so, they would have to do a massive rework in the game to implement this in addition of having a new customer service branch, so..... It's easier for them to just do nothing and tell you to mute people... sadly
    Last edited by Hellst0rmm; 2021-02-21 at 02:11 AM.