Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    lazy content
    blizzard is becoming nintendo
    Raid, mega dungeon and a new zone (or extension to the Maw maybe) in the first content patch. Sure lazy content.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Well...that takes away all excitement from Blizzcon. Was this a leak or what?
    Yeah it was a leak

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Remember going through the portal with your T3 guild at the same time as a majority of the server, hearing the Hellfire music, seeing all the red, the giant elites, then MASSIVE PVP FIGHTS, trying to quest and having 50 people pvp over killing the quest NPC's.

Nothing will ever compare, period. Can't believe that was 14 years ago.
    I got into the BC beta. I walked into Hellfire alone - and ran right into the fel reaver. It was pretty awesome. I was the only one in my guild who got in, but I met some other testers and we ran a bunch of the dungeons. The thing I remember is how fast greens replaced my gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    How easy to forget that there is a pandemic and we are all working from home...
    How easy it is to blame a condition that's been going on for a year now, and everyone has had plenty of time to adjust. Blizzard included.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I thought for sure we would deal with Baron Vyraz and the rest of the House of the Chosen in either raid or dungeon before taking on the Maw... unless it's being done in a quest

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I thought for sure we would deal with Baron Vyraz and the rest of the House of the Chosen in either raid or dungeon before taking on the Maw... unless it's being done in a quest
    Wouldn't surprise me if the Maw Raid has all the remaining covenant storyline line villains thrown in as bosses

It's clear they have a formula they are following now in order to churn out carbon copy expansions. This feels less than exciting. More of the same. Was hoping for something, ANYTHING new. This is just more filler with artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    They'll either be bosses in the Sanctum, or (preferable IMO) part of a later raid alongside Kel'thuzad.

If Shadowlands follows the blueprint set by Legion and BFA in terms of raids, we'll have 5 in total, maybe 4 if they cut the ToV/CoS style mini raid. Even considering that the final raid will definitely be about the Jailer, there's ample space for a Maldraxxus themed one.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    It's clear they have a formula they are following now in order to churn out carbon copy expansions. This feels less than exciting. More of the same. Was hoping for something, ANYTHING new. This is just more filler with artwork.
    You mean the same formula for 16 straight years of release new quests/zones/dungeons/raids in a patch?

Basically more of what WoW is?

What did you expect, a patch of non-WoW related stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Leave it to Blizz to do it the stupid way, people should just start fresh in BC but instead they're forcing Classic players to abandon their characters and restart if they don't want to progress
    Because all the current Classic players are eagerly waiting for TBC just so they can spend days or weeks leveling through old content again. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    How is this not new?

New raid, new mega dungeon and expansion to a zone. All of that is new.

White hair Anduin kinda ties up with that future light vs void comic , Old anduin might not be that old afterall if it turns out LvsV is the next step for the story.

Good thing also that Sylvanas didn't back out from her plans
    Last edited by valax; 2021-02-18 at 09:07 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    They'll either be bosses in the Sanctum, or (preferable IMO) part of a later raid alongside Kel'thuzad.

If Shadowlands follows the blueprint set by Legion and BFA in terms of raids, we'll have 5 in total, maybe 4 if they cut the ToV/CoS style mini raid. Even considering that the final raid will definitely be about the Jailer, there's ample space for a Maldraxxus themed one.
    you are right I just thought that would happen before we attacked the Maw. while the other 3 zones are all relatively united Maldraxxus is definitely not and the removal of the Baron would allow the forces of Chosen to join

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    The mega dungeons are literally always released mythic only first, then split into two for heroic later on.
    Haven't they only done one other "mega" dungeon? Literally always is one other time. And there's literally no reason to do it, other than dividing their player base even further.
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    15$ a month should be way higher now with inflation. But considering the prie vs let's say gamepass....and ps plus, which gives you load of "free" games constantly. Yeah 15$ per month is high
    I fully get that it should be higher. Yes that's the logic train I was taking.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-02-18 at 09:12 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Haven't they only done one other "mega" dungeon? Literally always is one other time. And there's literally no reason to do it, other than dividing their player base even further.

I fully get that it should be higher. Yes that's the logic train I was taking.
    This will be the 3rd.

Return to Kara in Legion

Mechagon in BFA

Now this one in Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    You mean the same formula for 16 straight years of release new quests/zones/dungeons/raids in a patch?

Basically more of what WoW is?

What did you expect, a patch of non-WoW related stuff?
    Tbh if they didn't want to reinvent the wheel every patch/expansion we would have been a lot better...
    So yep, constant, regular, "boring" content patches with dungeons, raids, zones, and of course new loot, interesting trinkets, set bonuses.
    Oh and let's not forget that Blizz should NOT let specs rot for 2-4 YEARS without revamping them. Constant class tuning is needed, and I don't care if those handful of players at MDA or MDI have to "suffer", I want balanced classes which requires Blizz to do balance patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Tbh if they didn't want to reinvent the wheel every patch/expansion we would have been a lot better...
    So yep, constant, regular, "boring" content patches with dungeons, raids, zones, and of course new loot, interesting trinkets, set bonuses.
    Oh and let's not forget that Blizz should NOT let specs rot for 2-4 YEARS without revamping them. Constant class tuning is needed, and I don't care if those handful of players at MDA or MDI have to "suffer", I want balanced classes which requires Blizz to do balance patches.
    There has been class tuning adjustments almost every single week per the hotfix and patch note history.

And the player base seems a bit split with some wanting specs changed frequently and others wanting Blizz to stop changing things frequently so some group will never be happy.

As for actual balanced classes, well that hasn’t happened for 16 straight years so not holding my breath.

This will be the 3rd.

Return to Kara in Legion

Mechagon in BFA

Fourth: Blackrock Depths. First mega dungeon, all the way back in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Because all the current Classic players are eagerly waiting for TBC just so they can spend days or weeks leveling through old content again. /s
    But I thought they wanted classic for the old system, if that's true then I guess they never really cared about classic much

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Fourth: Blackrock Depths. First mega dungeon, all the way back in vanilla.
    Touché, and it was not queable as well.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands: Save the mary-sues from the shadows and crusade with them against the voidlords!

This will be the 3rd.

Return to Kara in Legion

Mechagon in BFA

Apologies, I didn't play through legion so I was unaware they rereleased a raid as a dungeon and set a precedent for future dungeon releases.
    I'm a thread killer.