Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiteck View Post
    "accidentally"
    Why do people say this? What is there to gain from it? This isn't a leaked concept art piece or anything, it's the whole announcement, how many people are just going to skip because of it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Leave it to Blizz to do it the stupid way, people should just start fresh in BC but instead they're forcing Classic players to abandon their characters and restart if they don't want to progress
    Fresh start would be the WORST option.

There should be a copy over and you get to keep both characters. Problem solved. These two servers don't interact with each other so there is no reason why it shouldn't work that way.

But I thought they wanted classic for the old system, if that's true then I guess they never really cared about classic much
    Well they did... that's why Classic was such a success after all. However suggesting that we should get fresh TBC servers so everyone starts at 0 is just dumb. It doesn't make sense to make everyone start at 0 as this wasn't how it was back then (it's an expansion after all) and everyone excited for TBC will be forced to replay days or weeks worth of content (that they are also naturally a bit tired of) first so that they can actually get into the TBC content.

Letting everyone naturally progress into TBC how it was back then is also neither bad or unfair to anyone. I also don't get some people's concerns about the economy... Most players here are up for a surprise just how easy it is to make gold in TBC. It's much faster and easier to get the 1000g for flying at lvl70 than it was getting the 100g for riding in classic.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-18 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    You mean the same formula for 16 straight years of release new quests/zones/dungeons/raids in a patch?

Basically more of what WoW is?

What did you expect, a patch of non-WoW related stuff?
    Legion, BFA and SL have the same structure, the same systems with different names and minor tweaks. There is nothing similar systems wise about Wrath and Cata, Then cata to MoP for examples. It's a formula thats been revealing itself. We had Artifact power, then we had Azerite now we have Anima. M+ has been a freebie for them too, literally the same dungeons with a day of coding to make an affix. Flight is delayed for a patch or two to act as "new" content. It's a cookie cutter now and people will leap in front of any criticism for their beloved company.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Legion, BFA and SL have the same structure, the same systems with different names and minor tweaks. There is nothing similar systems wise about Wrath and Cata, Then cata to MoP for examples. It's a formula thats been revealing itself. We had Artifact power, then we had Azerite now we have Anima. M+ has been a freebie for them too, literally the same dungeons with a day of coding to make an affix. Flight is delayed for a patch or two to act as "new" content. It's a cookie cutter now and people will leap in front of any criticism for their beloved company.
    To be honest Wrath and Cata just didn’t add much in most patches other than the new raid.

What was added in the Wrath patches?

Ulduar patch was...3 dailies to start building the argent tournament?

ToC was a new raid and dungeon (all in the same location except 1 boss), all reskin models, and daily hub.

ICC patch is 3 new dungeons for catchup.

No new zones, minimal new content (1 hub in 3 patches), etc.

Cata is similar with a quick reskin dungeon (ZA and ZG) but at least Molten Front was a new area. Basically the only new area/hub as well. 3 new catchup dungeons in 4.3 (same as wrath) except they just made them in already existing locations to save art assets.

At least Legions reskin of Kara completely changed the second half with entirely new area and fights (4 of 8 bosses) ending on a Legion ship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Apologies, I didn't play through legion so I was unaware they rereleased a raid as a dungeon and set a precedent for future dungeon releases.
    Half of RTK was completely new. This wasn’t a Cata style reskin a raid into a dungeon.
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2021-02-18 at 09:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Fourth: Blackrock Depths. First mega dungeon, all the way back in vanilla.
    Blackrock Depths, Blackrock Spire, Dire Maul, and Stratholme were all OG mega dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Wait so you are saying that Wrath and Cata are different?

As someone who's just recently played both expansions on private servers I can safely say that you're just wrong. Cataclysm is almost identical to Wrath in almost every way possible besides the talent tree (which even wasn't that different as they kept many of the same talents). The endgame content, gearing process, crafting and class design is pretty much identical. Cataclysm feels more like an expansion to wrath than an expansion to all of WoW... that's how similar they feel. The biggest difference between them of course is the theme, the zones etc, but even here in the zone design you can see the similarities and especially the linear leveling system.

Overall I agree with the other guy. It is undeniable that WoW has been more or less the same since at least TBC. This is also the reason why they even bother changing classes (that work well) or add arbitrary systems, so that the game feels different (the overall formula stays the same).

Heck, the reason why Cataclysm was received so poorly (it wasn't really criticised for being a bad expansion, but for the lack of content) is in fact because it literally was a SMALLER wrath with QoL changes and an (arguably) shittier theme/story. I even remember this very well back then, because most of my IRL friends stopped playing in Cata precisely because of that. "Same shit, different colour"
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-02-18 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tente View Post
    Is that Arthas ? ..Sylvanas as a raid boss ? ok, sylvanas is still my queen but I feel the hype going up fast
    It’s Anduin and despite the genocide Sylvanis will be redeemed because it’s a terrible idea

I am really hyped for Classic TBC as an Alliance Shaman main. Classic was always a bit awkward having to choose between my class and my faction.

"leaks" to sell blizzcon tickets

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Wait so you are saying that Wrath and Cata are different?

As someone who's just recently played both expansions on private servers I can safely say that you're just wrong. Cataclysm is almost identical to Wrath in almost every way possible besides the talent tree (which even wasn't that different as they kept many of the same talents). The endgame content, gearing process, crafting and class design is pretty much identical. Cataclysm feels more like an expansion to wrath than an expansion to all of WoW... that's how similar they feel. The biggest difference between them of course is the theme, the zones etc, but even here in the zone design you can see the similarities and especially the linear leveling system.

Overall I agree with the other guy. It is undeniable that WoW has been more or less the same since at least TBC. This is also the reason why they even bother changing classes (that work well) or add arbitrary systems, so that the game feels different (the overall formula stays the same).

Heck, the reason why Cataclysm was received so poorly (it wasn't really criticised for being a bad expansion, but for the lack of content) is in fact because it literally was a SMALLER wrath with QoL changes and an (arguably) shittier theme/story. I even remember this very well back then, because most of my IRL friends stopped playing in Cata precisely because of that. "Same shit, different colour"
    Cataclysm was not a great expansion, it killed whole servers. Questing was bad and Vashjir was terrible. Not to mention DS went on forever.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Category is... Lich King eleganza extravaganza!

5+ Year Old Account
    Not really seeing what is wrong with this patch and I don't even like WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Not really seeing what is wrong with this patch and I don't even like WoW.
    Just playing along here, but doesn't you not liking WoW perhaps explain the difference as to why people who do indeed Like it aren't thrilled?

Wouldn't they by assumption, more than likely care more about it, and in so have a bolder stance on whether something was wrong with the patch?
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    First in almost 15 years to complain about replacing muh t2 and t3 with greens and look like a clown
    Aaah, the good ol' days
    IMHO. I still think transmog was one of the qualities of life feature they should have added to Classic/ClassicTBC. But that is just me.

But I thought they wanted classic for the old system, if that's true then I guess they never really cared about classic much
    what the heck are you saying?starting from zero in tbc would be the oposite of the classic experience....people want to experience the progression from classic to tbc,doing this way should have been expected,this is the most accurate way

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticBard View Post
    Unlock flying in the Covenants’ four domains; and much more
    REALLY BLIZZ ?
    We wait to get fly, only to have on the 4 old, not-relevant-anymore zones ?

I have a suggestion, on the new zone, let the players only have the RP-walk only, cause running on maw was too fast already, you can slow down this too ! $^#@#@^&&
    meh... seems you never played wow in classic =z

ummm tempting offer for going back to tbc but hard pass. I'll wait out for Wotlk classic one *if any chance*

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty boring actually... We already knew TBC was coming (we just wonder how they will do it with characters) and that patch looks pretty meh. (comes from a all-time wow fan).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    It's clear they have a formula they are following now in order to churn out carbon copy expansions. This feels less than exciting. More of the same. Was hoping for something, ANYTHING new. This is just more filler with artwork.
    I mean it's WoW? What else do you expect? It's working formula and it chucks way more content at us than old style expansions where the only new this would be new talent or a class. We get new dungeons, new raids and new gear. Every expansion and it works. Since Legion they came up with nice thing - max level alternative character progression tho I think it was greatest in Legion.
    At least we get some new power to play every expansion now, which is ofc. debatable because "borrowed powers" are highly criticized for some legit reasons and we get some nice content too, be it Class Halls, Mage tower, Visions, Withered Minigames, Torghast, Islands, WFs. Not all of that was well received but it's still better than MoP farm and certainly better than doing same 5 daily quests in argent tournament. Which by the way does not mean that old expansions were bad, for that time it was good, but for current playerbase it would be as "busy" as warlords were if you did not raid.

"I mean it's WoW? What else do you expect?"

No expectations. Hope. And they said "You can't kill hope", but they did. I am not excited by the current game state. I was HOPING they would introduce something new or move in a new direction, but it's sailing straight ahead whether some of us like it or not. I used to be surprised by the announcements and now, well, you can almost guess them before they happen. I mean, I already posted a couple months ago about Andy becoming the Lich King. Even the writing is meh. I really was just hoping for something I can't even define. Something "fresh" maybe. But I think they are out of ideas, to be honest. What they put out now feels like an assembly line.