MM Hunter - Torghast wut the wut?

176 MM. Night Fae. Not gonna say Im best at rotation yet, but ive watched guides, practiced, etc. so prob a B- or C+ thus far and Im learning. I have all the best pots/flasks/enchants and anything else gold can buy.

I cannot beat any of the end bosses even on level 1 in Torghast. and I'm not talking about getting close. Getting down to only 50% then getting one shot with all sorts of stuff from all the bosses. So many wasted runs.

Never seen anything like this in the game. Again Im not the best at classs and not looking for zerg fest, but something is not right.

Any ideas?

Some ideas:

1. Are you playing with a pet? You should use a Scalehide since that's the tankiest MM pet.
    2. Use Heroism/Bloodlust, it resets when you enter a new floor.
    3. Get some more gear (covenant campaign pushes you to >180. Remember that you can upgrade the covenant gear with Anima).
    4. Play as BM with a Clefthoof or Core Hound. Do NOT select the "Animal Companion" talent since it reduces your pet's leech.
    5. Look for guides - IcyVeins has a Torghast-specific Hunter guide.
    6. Clear the entire floor to get as many powers and phantasma as possible.
    7. Do daily/weekly Maw activities to get Ve'nari rep, then buy Torghast improvements.
    8. Find a group.
    Last edited by Excaliban; 2021-02-18 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    Some ideas:

1. Are you playing with a pet? You should use a Scalehide since that's the tankiest MM pet.
    3. Get some more gear (covenant campaign pushes you to >180. Remember that you can upgrade the covenant gear with Anima).
    4. Play as BM with a Clefthoof or Core Hound. Do NOT select the "Animal Companion" talent since it reduces your pet's leech.
    7. Do daily/weekly Maw activities to get Ve'nari rep, then buy Torghast improvements.
    8. Find a group.
    9. Focus on anima powers that will help the most in the boss fights. Bloodgorged Leech (the 5% heal one) will rez your pet for you. +Damage against Hunter's Mark targets or targets affected by traps, +damage to Aimed Shot. Honestly, some of the most boring Anima Powers for MM will help the most.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    176 MM. Night Fae. Not gonna say Im best at rotation yet, but ive watched guides, practiced, etc. so prob a B- or C+ thus far and Im learning. I have all the best pots/flasks/enchants and anything else gold can buy.

I cannot beat any of the end bosses even on level 1 in Torghast. and I'm not talking about getting close. Getting down to only 50% then getting one shot with all sorts of stuff from all the bosses. So many wasted runs.

Never seen anything like this in the game. Again Im not the best at classs and not looking for zerg fest, but something is not right.

Any ideas?
    I did a +8 as survival. It’s a simple L2P really... you need to actually manage your pets, use mend on cd, maybe mm wouldn’t be the best for you as it’s the least mobile of the 3. BM would be the easiest to learn the fights. You can’t stand in stuff and you need to interrupt the right spells.

Take more defensive options because 176 mm is more than enough dps if I could do it as a survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    Some ideas:

8. Find a group.
    thanks for this and other comments.

- - - Updated - - -

what a difference. did all the above. was 0-4. now 4-0. thx again

get missdirect and go afk

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post

Any ideas?
    I've seen a LOT of people do L8's with 160 ilvl so it is an understanding problem that you have. You are not doing enough dps and you are not using your abilities and pet abilities properly.