Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Another nerf to gold

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320982/...orghas?webhook

"Vendor prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted."

The above makes me sick. I run old raids for xmog and gold on most of my toons so I can get a WoW token for game time. The squish hurt me but this method was still viable. The % nerf isn't stated but if it hurts it worse that will make me want to consider quitting for awhile.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can blame all the bots running the old raids for this nerf.

Eh, these were already nerfed pretty heavily in the pre-patch to not really make it worth it vs other methods, so this doesn't really seem like that big an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I hate with these nerfs is they keep the cost of things up, but keep making cuts to gold making. you aren't hurting the guy whos sitting on 3 characters at gold cap, you are hurting the guy who has 500k-2M~ gold from farming, and also closing the door for toughs who want to try building up some gold in the future.

Unfortunate, but I don't know anyone who still blew through raids for cash after the squish/after the expansion launched. They're going for mogs and mounts if they blow up some legacy stuff, otherwise they'll go and make ~5k doing stuff in SL in the time it would take them to clear Hellfire Citadel or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it a nerf? They already nerfed them so adjusted could mean increase. Unless this is to curb bfa farming

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320982/...orghas?webhook

"Vendor prices for items below item level 75 have been adjusted."

The above makes me sick. I run old raids for xmog and gold on most of my toons so I can get a WoW token for game time. The squish hurt me but this method was still viable. The % nerf isn't stated but if it hurts it worse that will make me want to consider quitting for awhile.
    The WoW tokens were too good, although needed as a gold sink to offset inflation thanks to Garrisons + Legion.

Now that the economies of realms are somewhat reset (or flattened), their new problem is bots and farmers.

i paid for a year of tokens + shadowlands (ugh) with just normal gameplay over the past two years. its taking a lot longer to buy tokens now, which is likely their intent...as it stands i'll probably have to spend real world $ this summer to keep playing TBC.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard was looking to nerf gold, this, most certainly, would not be the way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Eh, these were already nerfed pretty heavily in the pre-patch to not really make it worth it vs other methods, so this doesn't really seem like that big an insult.
    Pre-patch only nerfed pre-legion items - specifically MoP and WoD ones. If it now goes up to ilvl 75, that's including Legion and BfA gear. So all pre-SL loot.

And yeah I dislike this very much, just like the previous nerf. Raw gold farming is a great way to earn some gold without doing weird shit like boosting people for it, or playing the AH. Farming old instances for raw gold was basically an honest man's work that could actually give you decent sums. I literally ground all my gold for the Brutosaur that way. I guess Blizzard just doesn't like people being able to gain gold through effort and work, they'd rather it be earned via shady ways or wow tokens.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

If you're farming old raids for gold, you're already pretty inefficient, OP. Instead of getting mad at Blizzard, if making enough gold to pay your sub is your goal (instead of playing a game you enjoy playing), learn to be efficient at making gold.

Some people enjoy getting raw gold from old content, but yeah, it's inefficient.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    If Blizzard was looking to nerf gold, this, most certainly, would not be the way to go about it.
    LOL, this. If ya'll think blizzard cares about you making 1k gold from an old raid you're delusional. There are an infinite ways of making MUCH more gold in World of Warcraft..

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    We can also blame Blizzard for failing to address botting and instead punishing legit players with a blanket nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Pre-patch only nerfed pre-legion items - specifically MoP and WoD ones. If it now goes up to ilvl 75, that's including Legion and BfA gear. So all pre-SL loot.

And yeah I dislike this very much, just like the previous nerf. Raw gold farming is a great way to earn some gold without doing weird shit like boosting people for it, or playing the AH. Farming old instances for raw gold was basically an honest man's work that could actually give you decent sums. I literally ground all my gold for the Brutosaur that way. I guess Blizzard just doesn't like people being able to gain gold through effort and work, they'd rather it be earned via shady ways or wow tokens.
    Well WoD & MoP were really the big ones, Legion wasn't really viable from what I saw because of zero weapon drops, but didn't the pre-patch also nerf running BFA things, because it made things like the shuffles not worth the effort? I remember a lot of gold youtubers talking about it being pointless to run everything, regardless of expansion.

And yea it sucks, I ran a lot of Spires or Iron Docks to help push me to that 5 mil. I'd rather see them address the problem so that regular folks still have decent options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone post the new vendor prices for gear?

This also only tickles BfA a bit - Uldir, normal dungeons (Not heroic), and BfDA. Benthic pieces too i guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    LOL, this. If ya'll think blizzard cares about you making 1k gold from an old raid you're delusional. There are an infinite ways of making MUCH more gold in World of Warcraft..
    The problem is raw gold generation, because that's inherently inflationary. Raw gold is when you loot gold off a monster, vendor an item, or get gold from a table mission or quest, where it's created out of nothing. That's a real problem when bots or companies using labor arbitrage to get third-world people to play for pennies get involved.

Farming herbs and selling them to another player on the auction house is much more profitable on a gold per hour spent term but is actually slightly deflationary due to the AH cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    We can also blame Blizzard for failing to address botting and instead punishing legit players with a blanket nerf.
    Got to love the armchair devs who think that Blizzard isn't doing anything against botters. It's like going "We can also blame doctors for failing to address the flu."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I will miss farming old content and getting the amount of gold that it produced. I farm old content for mounts and transmog and the gold was just an extra reward for doing something. When I would army through a raid on 26 alts, it did make me a nice bit of gold per reset. However, once the mount dropped, I didn't go back and run it for income. Seems like WoW is getting more like Vanilla in regard to gold making. Gather it or craft it (or lately, just sell services) if you want gold.

As a guy who buys 3 to 5 tokens a month because fuck chores and fuck grinding gold in this game, I am in no way impacted by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Why would anyone bot raids when you can have 10 druids picking up plants?