Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Kitana doesn't seem to be in the movie from what we have seen so far so she could have a different origin, or any number of other reasons for her look.
    Yeah, that's not the only change that's bothering me. Having no Johnny Cage is looking like a deal breaker for me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The old dude in the garden is meant to be Scorpion without his armor on, right?

Or is it supposed to be like Shao Kahn? I know Shao Kahn has some spear like abilities in MK11.
    Ya its scorpion before his death/rebirth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    Hope we get to see Smoke. HUMAN Smoke.
    It looks like he's at 1:40 in the trailer unless then smoke is just some sort of portal which would be such a waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah, that's not the only change that's bothering me. Having no Johnny Cage is looking like a deal breaker for me.
    I'm still expecting the new guy to end up being jonny by the end that or hell be a throw away gag of some sort which would be a shame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Doesn't seem like it. His real name is Jonathan Carlton. There are 3 characters with the surname "Young" in this new movie, one being the new guy.
    Ya I don't expect it to be his real name maybe a nickname some one guys him for some reason and he sticks with it or something silly. seems like an easy way to throw a bone to the fans without having to have a silly character like Young Jonny acting well like Jonny though out the movie.

That or there will be a movie poster or something dumb, Either way I don't expect how they do it to be great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhh there was some cringe in the trailer and too ham-fisted game references. Also, why put in a no-name new guy?

This movie has one and only job to do, and that is to give us awesome fights. Hope it will deliver.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-18 at 09:03 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm not really bothered if he's in the movie or not, personally, he's not a deal breaker for me (seems silly for a single character be a deal breaker for anyone, imo). Just put him in the next one, if there is one. Its a non-issue /shrug
    He's grown on me since MK11 but given that were not gonna get old Jonny I can't say I'm bother either way as young cocky Jonny wasn't ever really my thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they just wanted to get rid of goofiness and give movie more serious tone? That's the only reason for me to not include original, fan favourite character.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I expect the movie to end with the new guy saying some version of “call me Jonny” or something.
    Yeah that's basically what I'm thinking as well. They wouldn't off him to bring in a new character but then again I don't see why they'd use him as some secret either but whatever.

Not gonna lie, this looks like a super fun movie.

There's a Mel Jarnson listed in the cast, hopefully casted as Kitana. If not, there's absolutely no reason to Mileena to be included. Unless they go for the "Original Script/Movie Timeline" meme and the movie will be dead on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Maybe they just wanted to get rid of goofiness and give movie more serious tone? That's the only reason for me to not include original, fan favourite character.
    Most likely because it will be the first Liu Kang's tournament and there weren't a lot of characters in that one. Depends on the timeline (Original or MK9, which had Baraka, Smoke, Human Cyrax and Sektor, etc)
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2021-02-18 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why are people worrying about plot?
    Because you get Mortal Kombat Annihilation

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nope. I already seen the trailer and this is way beyond that.
    I think he means that if there isn't any plot...what may follow may be what "Annihilation" was. Which seems vilified.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    There's a Mel Jarnson listed in the cast, hopefully casted as Kitana. If not, there's absolutely no reason to Mileena to be included. Unless they go for the "Original Script/Movie Timeline" meme and the movie will be dead on arrival.
    Given what's been shown already it seems pretty safe to say its gonna be its own movie script/timeline with things like jax losing his arms to subzero and a new main character.

Hell yeah, I really enjoyed the first movies. I hope we get a Reptile appearance or Baraka.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks great, but as it is with trailers, editing best parts of the movie may seem like a good movie visually but time will tell what's the script is like. Nevertheless, I will have fun watching it even if it just for the effects. Haven't been this excited in a decade (movie wise).
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Hell yeah, I really enjoyed the first movies. I hope we get a Reptile appearance or Baraka.
    there seems to be some one uncloaking like reptile in the trailer but there not really shown so it's likely to be him. the Tarkatan's are also seen in a picture on a wall but not in the trailer in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uhhhh there was some cringe in the trailer and too ham-fisted game references. Also, why put in a no-name new guy?

This movie has one and only job to do, and that is to give us awesome fights. Hope it will deliver.
    For him to heroically die at the end and come back in a sequel as a villain!

No Cage seems odd, but I’m on board with what I’ve seen.

I don't know why they decided to add their own donut steel OC.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I kinda like this version of Kano. Wonder if they'll go the betrayal route with him or he dies in this movie since I don't think the Black Dragon Clan was ever allies at any point.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Given what's been shown already it seems pretty safe to say its gonna be its own movie script/timeline with things like jax losing his arms to subzero and a new main character.
    Well shit, then Silent Hill will keep its title for the Best least worst videogame to movie adaptation.
    I can understand though, MK9 cinematics are hard to top

If they're smart, they're including this random OC (do not steal) so that they can kill him off in the climatic battle without it effecting any fan-favorites.

If they're not smart, it's going to be some dumbass Resident Evil situation where they made the character literally for no reason.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-19 at 01:28 AM.