Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Doesn't explain why he has Pietro's memories, including Pietro's death.
    Doesn't explain why he's wrong about some of those memories.
    Doesn't explain why he magically remembers things that happened between his death and this return.

That's my point. We have a story by Evan-Peters-as-Pietro, and that story does not line up with either him being a new face for Pietro in the MCU, or for being Peter from the X-men universe ported over. The character's claiming the first, but the facts are against that. The fans are claiming the second, but the facts are also against that. I'm suggesting that neither of those are accurate. That it must be a third option.

We can debate what that third option may be and what the specifics are, and while I've got ideas none of them are concrete at this point. This isn't me claiming I know what's going on. Just that two popular ideas are not the correct answers.
    Yeah but you are assuming everything we are told is the truth.

This show is likely full of red herrings to keep comic book readers guessing and mainstream viewers engaged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah but you are assuming everything we are told is the truth.
    I'm literally pointing out that the story "Pietro" is telling us in Wandavision is not the truth. That's the point; I'm not assuming he must be telling the truth, because he might be a liar. And I can prove that he's a liar, because his statements don't line up with how events played out.

Now, you could argue that Pietro didn't die in Age of Ultron like we saw, but was hanging around out of sight until after Infinity War when he died mysteriously offscreen, but that's bananas cuckoo. And is also the only way "Pietro" in Wandavision could've known Vision died. Because Vision died in Infinity War. For "Pietro" to be familiar with that, he would've had to die after that point.

This show is likely full of red herrings to keep comic book readers guessing and mainstream viewers engaged
    Yes. That's literally my point. That Evan Peters' casting is a red herring. That's what I've been saying all along. That people saw that casting and assumed it had to be one of two things, but Episode 6 demonstrated conclusively (in my view) that neither of those two things could possibly be true.

Doesn't explain why he has Pietro's memories, including Pietro's death.
    Doesn't explain why he's wrong about some of those memories.
    Doesn't explain why he magically remembers things that happened between his death and this return.

That's my point. We have a story by Evan-Peters-as-Pietro, and that story does not line up with either him being a new face for Pietro in the MCU, or for being Peter from the X-men universe ported over. The character's claiming the first, but the facts are against that. The fans are claiming the second, but the facts are also against that. I'm suggesting that neither of those are accurate. That it must be a third option.

We can debate what that third option may be and what the specifics are, and while I've got ideas none of them are concrete at this point. This isn't me claiming I know what's going on. Just that two popular ideas are not the correct answers.
    is that the vibe in this thread? because all the theories ive read online people are thinking he's mephisto or vat least as you said some sort of fake pietro especially since his funko came out with his name in quotes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yes. That's literally my point. That Evan Peters' casting is a red herring. That's what I've been saying all along. That people saw that casting and assumed it had to be one of two things, but Episode 6 demonstrated conclusively (in my view) that neither of those two things could possibly be true.
    Yeah that I agree with. I think casting him was a bit of fun and helps fuel theories

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    is that the vibe in this thread? because all the theories ive read online people are thinking he's mephisto or vat least as you said some sort of fake pietro especially since his funko came out with his name in quotes
    That's what people started pushing back on me about, at least. I don't really understand why, since all this seems pretty obvious to me. Nor do I even claim that I'm being some hugely insightful lore nerd who's figuring stuff out that nobody else is getting. I think anyone who's been watching closely would see what I'm getting at, I was mostly just making an effort (at the outset) to lay out the argument for why he can't be either MCU Pietro or X-men Peter.

Just wait till tomorrow. I'm betting we'll have a big villain reveal and the mask'll come off.

Fair enough, been a while since I watched those films. But a few points stand out that still support what I'm saying;
    1> They've got a mom. Wanda and Pietro didn't.
    2> Two sisters. Pietro only had the one.
    3> You can easily see that Evan Peters' "Pietro"'s abilities look like MCU Pietro's powers, not Peter's from this film.
    4> Neither of the two Quicksilvers actually behave like Evan Peters' Pietro. If Evan Peters were trying to play the same character, you'd think he could reprise the role pretty easily, right? So why the massive difference in how he's playing him?

I repeat; I do not for a single hot second believe that Evan Peters, in Wandavision, is playing a character who was in any way plucked out of the X-men universe. I don't want to dismiss any possibility of anything multiversey, but that particular idea is not what we're seeing, and I feel the show creators have taken pains to indicate that's not what's going on and thus this isn't just me coming up with headcanon.

Maybe they're just bad at keeping things straight, but I don't expect that from MCU showrunners.
    But none of the characters in Wanda's show get to act like themselves, they're all under her control. So why would Pietro be any different and be able to act of his own free will and have his own memories when no one else in the Hex does? Everything Pietro is is an exaggeration of a TV sitcom brother. Her fantasy idea of what a brother would be like if she had a "normal" life according to sitcoms, which is all she probably has for a basis of a happy family. The only part that still has me a bit perplexed is the trickortreat memory. But that can be explained a bit by the fact that no ones memory is as accurate as they want to think. And if a film crew was on hand to record it all, a lot of us would be going "Hrmm i don't remember it that way" a bunch when we watch it all a decade or two later.
    I'm a thread killer.

Don't you think they risk pissing people off if Peters' isn't the Fox X-Man Quicksilver? Especially if this isn't a backdoor for MCU X-Men?

An idea I just had now: Evan Peters may be playing a role, but he might still be the Fox X-Men Quicksilver. He's obviously comfortable with his powers. But in terms of his personality, it's like the Fox QS is reading a script. He even qualifies his role with the "elevator pitch" version of what role he's playing: the brother in law there to cause trouble and cause tension in the marriage. Literally EVERYTHING he knows about MCU QS is stuff you could glean if he physically watched Age of Ultron. That's why he says he was "shot like a chump in the street," which was pretty much the fan reaction, and a likely reaction for the Fox QS who would never come close to being shot. When Wanda pushes him on some childhood memory, he dodges by saying "You're testing me!" And he knows about Vision dying (which happened after MCU QS died) because he's literally seen Infinity War.

That would be pretty meta for the MCU, but I do think there's some merit to the idea that Fox QS was given like a shooting script, and some background material (IE the rest of the MCU films) and some direction by an offscreen director. Even if they don't go so meta as to say "Yeah, I saw Infinity War" someone could have at least given him a vision of those things, or something similar.

As to WHY Fox QS would do such a thing (essentially gaslighting Wanda), I think that has more to do with the offscreen director and what he's forcing QS to do. Maybe he's plucked him from his multiverse and is threatening Fox QS that he can't go back unless he fills this need/role for Wanda in her delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Don't you think they risk pissing people off if Peters' isn't the Fox X-Man Quicksilver? Especially if this isn't a backdoor for MCU X-Men?.
    I’m with Endus on this being stunt casting. To us he’s X-men QS. To Wanda he’s not her brother except in abilities. He could have been anyone in the world and Wanda would have same reaction: he doesn’t look like her brother. He’s there to push buttons and is either the “director” as you noted or sent there by the director.

If this was a comic book, you’d have to make a case that it’s NOT Mojo because this just oozes him. He’s just showing Wanda’s breakdown for ratings, and if rating go low he throws in a monkey wrench for the next episode. I would -love- for this to be Mojo but that is a bridge too far imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    They'll just recast him to be Kurdish or another ethnic group that's been the victim of a more recent genecide.
    Thats my hope as well. Magneto being Jewish made sense in light of events of that comic book's year of publication.

Kurdish, South African, Rwandan?
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2021-02-18 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Thats my hope as well. Magneto being Jewish made sense in light of events of that comic book's year of publication.

They don't need to do that at all. Like seriously... anti semitism is still a thing...but that heads into stuff I don't wanna touch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I would say Armenian makes the most sense, but if you're going that old might as well keep him Jewish.

Your choices would anger some people since we can't ever have different interpretations of things any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    But none of the characters in Wanda's show get to act like themselves, they're all under her control. So why would Pietro be any different and be able to act of his own free will and have his own memories when no one else in the Hex does? Everything Pietro is is an exaggeration of a TV sitcom brother. Her fantasy idea of what a brother would be like if she had a "normal" life according to sitcoms, which is all she probably has for a basis of a happy family. The only part that still has me a bit perplexed is the trickortreat memory. But that can be explained a bit by the fact that no ones memory is as accurate as they want to think. And if a film crew was on hand to record it all, a lot of us would be going "Hrmm i don't remember it that way" a bunch when we watch it all a decade or two later.
    First, he seems to uniquely be aware of what's going on with the hex, unlike anyone else; even Vision is figuring it out, "Pietro" just knew it all. He knows Wanda's got a whammy on everyone, knows she's resurrecting Vision, etc.
    Second, why is he getting stuff wrong about their memories if Wanda's making all that up and sticking it in his head?
    Third, why doesn't he act like Wanda's Pietro? Like, at all? Not a Sitcomified version, he's completely different.
    Fourth, if we wanna go there, why didn't Wanda expect him to show up? Why's he got the wrong face? Why would she even try this if she knew she needed his proper body?

First, he seems to uniquely be aware of what's going on with the hex, unlike anyone else; even Vision is figuring it out, "Pietro" just knew it all. He knows Wanda's got a whammy on everyone, knows she's resurrecting Vision, etc.
    Second, why is he getting stuff wrong about their memories if Wanda's making all that up and sticking it in his head?
    Third, why doesn't he act like Wanda's Pietro? Like, at all? Not a Sitcomified version, he's completely different.
    Fourth, if we wanna go there, why didn't Wanda expect him to show up? Why's he got the wrong face? Why would she even try this if she knew she needed his proper body?
    Again, referring to my previous post, I don't see why this disqualifies him as potentially a "casting call" Fox QS being forced to fill the role Wanda literally wished into existence.

His off-topic pushback can even be seen in the light of being forced to play the role of a Pietro he isn't. Why would the director-masquerading-as-Pietro push her buttons, especially on the Vision dying twice thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’m with Endus on this being stunt casting. To us he’s X-men QS. To Wanda he’s not her brother except in abilities. He could have been anyone in the world and Wanda would have same reaction: he doesn’t look like her brother. He’s there to push buttons and is either the “director” as you noted or sent there by the director.

If this was a comic book, you’d have to make a case that it’s NOT Mojo because this just oozes him. He’s just showing Wanda’s breakdown for ratings, and if rating go low he throws in a monkey wrench for the next episode. I would -love- for this to be Mojo but that is a bridge too far imho.
    Like, all this is SUPER Mojo energy. But Mojo's frickin weird. At best, they may shoehorn some of Mojo's penchants into another villain, like Mephisto.

But then, they ARE doing a MODOK animated show with Patton Oswalt, so maybe they're gonna lean into the weird

- - - Updated - - -

Again, referring to my previous post, I don't see why this disqualifies him as potentially a "casting call" Fox QS being forced to fill the role Wanda literally wished into existence.

His off-topic pushback can even be seen in the light of being forced to play the role of a Pietro he isn't. Why would the director-masquerading-as-Pietro push her buttons, especially on the Vision dying twice thing?
    Because if it were, he wouldn't get memories wrong, and wouldn't have impossible knowledge. Everyone else fell apart when they went even a little off-script; if he's improving stuff, that itself is a massive deviation.

As for why? In the comics, Mephisto fucked with Wanda like this until she had her twins. Mephisto is casually cruel like that. Since, y'know, devil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Armenian makes the most sense, but if you're going that old might as well keep him Jewish.

Your choices would anger some people since we can't ever have different interpretations of things any more.
    Well thats not the character, so people rightly would be upset. We don't need to jump through a bunch of hoops just to keep Magneto "Relevant." And its not "we can't have different interpatations" If you are altering the character for a "Different interpation" you will eventually go against what the character is and you shouldn't do that. If someone wants to do that well thats why the multiverse concept even exists in comics.

Some say in Wandas alternate reality/Wanda's not truly well mentally speaking could make him look differently. I'm not saying thats true, just something plausible. Mephisto is definitely possible obviously but I'm only iffy about the religious aspect(As in he's one of many powerful demons, thats the change Marvel might do to play it safe).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Like, all this is SUPER Mojo energy. But Mojo's frickin weird. At best, they may shoehorn some of Mojo's penchants into another villain, like Mephisto.

But then, they ARE doing a MODOK animated show with Patton Oswalt, so maybe they're gonna lean into the weird

- - - Updated - - -

Because if it were, he wouldn't get memories wrong, and wouldn't have impossible knowledge. Everyone else fell apart when they went even a little off-script; if he's improving stuff, that itself is a massive deviation.

As for why? In the comics, Mephisto fucked with Wanda like this until she had her twins. Mephisto is casually cruel like that. Since, y'know, devil.
    you also have to remember wanda will be costaring in doctor strange 2 so whatever is going on in this show with her will lead directly into whatever is going on in multiverse of madness if not directly cause it or kick it off.

the only thing throwing me off mephisto is that people have been speculating he would be the big bad of strange 2 for a long time and it would be right up marvels alley to pull a switcheroo with everyones expectations
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They don't need to do that at all. Like seriously... anti semitism is still a thing...but that heads into stuff I don't wanna touch.
    For Magento's genecidal ambitions I think he would have needed to survive a genecide.

Hence recast makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-02-19 at 12:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats my hope as well. Magneto being Jewish made sense in light of events of that comic book's year of publication. Kurdish, South African, Rwandan?
    It could literally be anything even a 100% made up event that mirrors a real world thing. It wouldn't diminish the character. And they could always go with a MCU event that sparked it much like they did for Wanda. We all know since the Avengers there have been a ton of different events that could be created or used to fit a backstory worthy of the Magneto pedigree.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It could literally be anything even a 100% made up event that mirrors a real world thing. It wouldn't diminish the character. And they could always go with a MCU event that sparked it much like they did for Wanda. We all know since the Avengers there have been a ton of different events that could be created or used to fit a backstory worthy of the Magneto pedigree.
    I honestly don't agree.

Tying Magneto's origin to a real-world event like the Holocaust meant we weren't rationalizing about a fictional thing. It was very, very real. His experience wasn't a fantasy; it was lived history. That allowed his response to evoke a lot of emotions that wouldn't be felt as rawly, as deeply if it were a fictional event.

He's a great character, but I think society's aging past his story. It's too tied to that real history for his motivations; any attempt to fictionalize it will be crapped on for being less effective and essentially a whitewashing of that real history.

It's like if you took Luke Cage and made him a white guy who faced prejudice for being left-handed. People would rightly lose their shit. And that's not even all that fair an example, because prejudice against the left-handed has literally eons of actual, deep history on which it's based; that's why the word "sinister" means "bad/evil" and why left-handed kids were forced to write with their right hands for literally thousands of years. We just see it as "silly" today because we're the better part of a century (not even a full century yet) from when that prejudice died out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't agree.

Tying Magneto's origin to a real-world event like the Holocaust meant we weren't rationalizing about a fictional thing. It was very, very real. His experience wasn't a fantasy; it was lived history. That allowed his response to evoke a lot of emotions that wouldn't be felt as rawly, as deeply if it were a fictional event.

He's a great character, but I think society's aging past his story. It's too tied to that real history for his motivations; any attempt to fictionalize it will be crapped on for being less effective and essentially a whitewashing of that real history.

It's like if you took Luke Cage and made him a white guy who faced prejudice for being left-handed. People would rightly lose their shit. And that's not even all that fair an example, because prejudice against the left-handed has literally eons of actual, deep history on which it's based; that's why the word "sinister" means "bad/evil" and why left-handed kids were forced to write with their right hands for literally thousands of years. We just see it as "silly" today because we're the better part of a century (not even a full century yet) from when that prejudice died out.
    It would be more insulting changing Luke Cage's race honestly. I don't think reusing the holocaust angle is bad, or rather they may not even show it. If they wanted they could just reference it(Same way BvS did for Lord Grumpy). I don't believe society is aging past his story though considering current political clusterfuck but like I said earlier I don't wanna go down that rabbit hole. Only way I can see X-men coming in or been around since well Battle of New York would require universe altering stuff(Wanda is already getting close to that kinda thing)>

Warrior-Magi