Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    If other people are doing
    Please stop ignoring the maths of the situation, single hits after absorbs of 57k do not just get 'skilled' away.

Just think rationally before moving to the default attack position please.

Anyway - no longer struggling to do it, I just do level 4s twice a week to build up a stock of ash and accept that TC is pointless.

I'm as geared as I'm going to get this tier, so I can focus on alts. Maybe my balance druid can do them better, it seems to be able to handle melee hits better.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2021-01-31 at 08:26 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

the only boss that gave me a bit of difficulty was The Grand Malleare in twisting corridor layer 7 and 8 floor 18 because i couldn't burst him before his enrage mechanic gets out of control. Beside that i've never died to a single torghast boss, we are one of the best class to kill them, a lot of snare, root, we are very mobile and have a good burst window...

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Please stop ignoring the maths of the situation, single hits after absorbs of 57k do not just get 'skilled' away.

Just think rationally before moving to the default attack position please.

Anyway - no longer struggling to do it, I just do level 4s twice a week to build up a stock of ash and accept that TC is pointless.

I'm as geared as I'm going to get this tier, so I can focus on alts. Maybe my balance druid can do them better, it seems to be able to handle melee hits better.
    You're a mage. Stop tanking the hits... No boss gets to touch me. You can skill away your "math" because you can make it so you take 0 dmg..

You are in such denial its crazy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Stop tanking the hits...
    Excellent idea - so I go with a tank, and I don't take hits.

However - it is impossible to avoid all the hits. After all - one has to dps at some point, and double frost nova and mirror images and the like don't last long enough for that.

- - - Updated - - -

You are in such denial its crazy.
    You may be new to WoW, but Mages are not tanks. Hope that clarifies your error.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

However - it is impossible to avoid all the hits. After all - one has to dps at some point, and double frost nova and mirror images and the like don't last long enough for that.

- - - Updated - - -

If you gonna be snarky at least don't fabricate things that wasn't said in my quotes... your delusions stretch beyond your knowledge of the mage class it seems. Even your reading capabilities suffer from them.

in the end, multiple people have tried to help you in this thread, but you refuse to listen and instead deflect... not sure why I expected anything less. Sure, lets agree that you can't do it, but at least stop spreading lies about mages and Torghast. In the end, mages are one of the easiest classes to do solo clears with.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

- - - Updated - - -

The last boss of layer 8 of TC stage 18 never hit me. And the guy had 9m hp.

I keep getting mirrors of torment damage increases which is so mediocre

If you gonna be snarky at least don't fabricate things that wasn't said in my quotes... your delusions stretch beyond your knowledge of the mage class it seems. Even your reading capabilities suffer from them.

in the end, multiple people have tried to help you in this thread, but you refuse to listen and instead deflect... not sure why I expected anything less. Sure, lets agree that you can't do it, but at least stop spreading lies about mages and Torghast. In the end, mages are one of the easiest classes to do solo clears with.
    paladins are WAY easier as tank or dps (i dont heal as one)
    warriors WAY easier as tank or dps
    death knights are WAY easier as dps (dont tank as one)
    DH are a joke they are so easy in both specs
    monks faceroll in tank and dps (dont heal)
    shaman is also waaaaay easier in all specs even healing
    hunter, it can be slow, but still easier then mage
    locks id say about the same as mage, slightly easier
    rogues might actually be harder

dont play priest or druid

so while it is not super hard as mage, its still easier on most other specs.

Laughing in 25mil crit on final bosses. Disc priest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    so while it is not super hard as mage, its still easier on most other specs.
    Very generic statement. I only have DH, monk, warrior and mage so far.
    Arguably, mage might be the easiest to clear lvl 8 as a fresh character.

Other classes have better powers, especially warrior, but until you get these powers, you still have to face tank mobs and with low gear it doesn't really work as well.
    Once you get enough gear to not care about first 2 floors, I agree - many classes are better by FAAAAR because of better powers.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want to get Tc layer 8 done for mount. Which spec and powers are best? I just wanna slam my head on the kb and get it done asap don't care about fickle or trickery builds just fk shit up and go.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you just want gazillion mirror images, and not the "intelligent" ones as they won't relieve you from aggro. Then just necessary instagib protection and.. whatever that comes by.

5+ Year Old Account
    Torghast is fun, if you struggle at the upper level it's okay to make group of friends to help you out or just list the grup in queue. However need to take full responsibility for death count. Also be careful when you pick powers because sometimes they can really ruin your run, especially those "good looking" epic powers.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-02-20 at 02:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    At this stage facerollin 8layer. Actually its fun its not a challange and i like this way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    At this stage facerollin 8layer. Actually its fun its not a challange and i like this way.
    May I ask what powers and spec

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    May I ask what powers and spec
    Resto sham/shadow pri. Sham with proper animas is like spam lava burst 20k dps with earth elemental as tank or grp up with a tank (flames of the cauldron, essence of the ancestors, storm conduit, deadend earth with this ur elemental is always up, elemental core)

Shadow priest great aoe and self healing (pain wheel, catar stick, schaden fluorite, red-hot mindpokers)

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I am Frost Mage 162 ilvl. It just frustrates me because there are probably some classes out there that just faceroll all the levels regardless of ilvl. Meanwhile I'm struggling super hard.
    There are also 162 mages facerolling it. Perhaps, instead of blaming your spec, look inwards, or get a group so you can focus your powers on dps instead of having to worry about tanking (well, kiting) and dpsing. And.... why not use the catchup mechanisms to get that reknown up and get to 190+ ilvl ez through world quests.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2021-02-19 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    There are also 162 mages facerolling it. Perhaps, instead of blaming your spec, look inwards, or get a group so you can focus your powers on dps instead of having to worry about tanking (well, kiting) and dpsing. And.... why not use the catchup mechanisms to get that reknown up and get to 190+ ilvl ez through world quests.
    Even at 220+ ilevel you can get absolutely wrecked by RNG when doing Twisting Corridors. That just is the nature of the beast when a lot of the anima powers just do absolutely nothing for your damage and if you are unlucky on top of that and don't get either HP boosts or shield boosts, you are just going to die to certain bosses with unavoidable damage.

Now it is certainly not the norm for that to happen and with average luck you should have no problems. Also they are removing some of the useless anima powers next patch so that's something. But saying there is a problem for anima powers for Mages atm is very much true. Mage is the only class I get frustrated by the choices I get and it's 15 ilevels higher than my next highest class.

5+ Year Old Account
    Done layer 8 Twisting Corridors as ilv 205 Kyrian Arcane Mage with Pelagos conduit. Normally I play frost so I had no propper legendary. I sat there two days straight but the satisfaction is real. It’s exhausting as hell. It’s been like 3 times where I went to last boss and failed to kill it and then I had to start from zero again. Worst is when emotions are eating you up at the last floor and you are just so tired. Don’t give up guys, each failure is a step to success.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-02-28 at 01:58 AM.

I think Mage's Torgast running is very f bad.

I dunno if they aimed to nerf it or boost it, because they took many fun things out like triple blink or was it even four? The invis strike got nerfed from 2000% to 500% and we got some useless crap like Arcane Barrage.
    I won't make this too long, but running Torgast as a Mage just sucks big time,
    it's not like it's undoable or something like that, but it's considerably harder than on my Monk, where I just breeze through;
    on average it takes me about 10-15 mins more per run on Mage, and it annoys me af.

Basically I just hope to get the 2% per vase broken talent as early as possible and couple to my Blink cd so I can just run around.
    Blinking over talent is not as good as the one from the Mawrat, just imo.

Aoeing things as Mage sucks, just gotta Arcane Blast everything...
    simply put:

MAGE IN TORGAST IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGSHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!