Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Torghast to go from the shit it is to something great. A way of gearing up alts beside m0 and low keys.
    First make torghast work on alts. Even from lvl 10 if you ask me. Like final fantasy tower of the dead or whatever its called. Give gear rewards up til the renown wq rewards so you don't have to spam dungeons. A m0 is brainless. a torghast can be hard and challenging from time to time based on pwoerluck. So why can't we get gear from it ? when m0 is free no effort loot ?

More stuff to do in torghast for mains. A reason to actually go in there. Now its only for the weekly ash and never again. And even the ash is so boring i dread having to do it weekly

If Garrosh isn't found in the Castle Nathria dungeons and doesn't have a role like Kael, I'm going to be very upset. I want him and Kael to bicker amongst themselves about pride and vengeance.... and complain about Arthas.

That was very clearly Garrosh in the Revendreth cinematic. Same tattoos, same voice actor, known to be a anima "cow" because of his pride.... yep that's Garrosh.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2021-02-04 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Um for alts cool but in general i dun need it that much :P But yes that good point.
    Flying is mostly important for mains, because you spend (and waste) most time on the ground.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

NGL i hope there will be onyxia as a raid boss for the memes

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Hopefully more zones. Right now we have half the zones BfA did, and 2 less than what BfA launched with. Plus in the cutscene where you see the arbiter (just after you get to Oribos) you can see lots of those structures (anima pathway things) in every direction.
    I really feel like they just wanted to seem cool as usual. They could have just said these zones were the main ones and then anyone not assigned to those or the maw got sent to a generic place where they felt happy. It makes absolutely no sense to have infinite areas there or even that many more for a variety of reasons that are painfully obvious if you simply play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    If you ask me... they should just not have flying ^^

PS: that is my hope

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't agree more!

1st,
    if they are gonna keep flying they really need to rework it and make it 2021 system... since has flying is now... its just Hover in the air Hackmode... its not even flying...

2nd,
    if they go for removing it... they should make it posssible for us to Climb up mechanic or a side down mechanic... since its really 2005... when you see a spot that you can go up... but cant because blizzard did not smooth out the place.
    I mean honestly the way I see people constantly just mounting and running through areas dropping aggro on players, there needs to be a fix beyond just flying like you cannot drop combat until you kill what you pulled and cannot interact with certain quest objects in combat.

I'm not expecting anything. This way I won't feel disappointed...

I still have PTSD from Warlords self cam patch tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

I still feel pretty confident in my theory that the raids in recent WoW expansions follow a specific pattern that we can use to figure out roughly what the patches will be.

X.0 is the intro, the raid is a glorified dungeon that deals with a specific zones problems.
    X.1 is the end of the initial part of the expansion. It concludes a sspecific problem that plagued the zones overall as we were levelling.
    X.2 is a breather patch where we deal with a side mission realted, but no directly teid to the main plot.
    X.3 is where we conclude the expansion as a whole and end whatever problems remain.

In BfA this fit with.
    8.0 was Uldir, a glorified dungeon that ended the specific problem of Nazmir and the blood trolls.
    8.1 was Dazar'alor, which if not ended the faction war at least moved it forward.
    8.2 was Nazjatar, which while tied to N'zoth was by all accounts a patch dedicated to naga.
    8.3 was Ny'alotha, which ended the old god plotline.

7.0 was the Emerald Nightmare, which was a raid that ended the Val'sharah storyline.
    7.1 was Nighthold, in which we defeated Gul'dan and got hte final pillars of creation.
    7.2 was more demons (and it really shows as Legion suffered from fel fatigue)
    7.3 was Argus, where we ended the Burning Legion problem.

Even WoD works this way if we assume a Shattrath raid in 6.2 with HFC in a hypotehtical 6.3.
    6.0 had Highmaul that mostly just ended the Nagrand storyline.
    6.1 had Blackrock Foundry which furhtered the Iron Horde storyline.
    (Shattrath would have given more focus on the Draenei, giving a distinct difference from the Orcs of the other patches.)
    6.2 had Hellfire Citadel which dealt with the Iron Horde for hte last time.

If we apply this to Shadowlands and also assume that the one raid per covenant theory is correct then we end up with:

9.0 had Nathria, which was a glorified dungeon that ended the Revendreth storyline specifically.
    9.1 Could have Naxxramas 3.0, which fits more snugly in with the more general Maw theme.
    9.2 Could be Thros or something else Ardenweald related, a distinct flavor of the Shadowlands separate from the Maw.
    9.3 is the Maw and possibly Arthas, which would link best with the Kyrian as Uther is intricately tied to the story of Arthas.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I really feel like they just wanted to seem cool as usual. They could have just said these zones were the main ones and then anyone not assigned to those or the maw got sent to a generic place where they felt happy. It makes absolutely no sense to have infinite areas there or even that many more for a variety of reasons that are painfully obvious if you simply play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean honestly the way I see people constantly just mounting and running through areas dropping aggro on players, there needs to be a fix beyond just flying like you cannot drop combat until you kill what you pulled and cannot interact with certain quest objects in combat.
    Well, that sounds like a really cool idea... since its kinda hillarious that the NPCs run back to where they was... like good little robots... maybe wright a post about this mate,

Awesome idea ^^
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    My guess is the following.

Covenant campaign 4-6 new chapters.
    The Maw updated with new faction. The Maw Walkers. Alliance and Horde come and set up a permanent base.
    New daily quests added to the maw like Argent tournament.
    Torghast megadungeon the rescue Anduin. But were we too late?
    Torghast raid with Sylvanas and Nathanos. Can we stop the Jailers escape from the Maw?
    Eye of the jailer mechanic removed after completing the covenant campaign. We find an ancient artifact that lets us avoid detection. Mounts will now also head your call.
    Honestly, I was off on a lot, but my general thinking was correct. Maw expansion. Torghast raid. Megadungeon was wrong. Anduin/Sylvanas, more covenant stuff and covenants (not) the ally/horde coming together. I had the theme right though =P

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nothing that will satisfy the MMO-Champion forum userbase.
    But yeah...certain users of the forum will be happy with anything, yet spend countless hours outside the game defending it. I just wouldn't call them representatives of any kind of "forum userbase"

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Honestly, I was off on a lot, but my general thinking was correct. Maw expansion. Torghast raid. Megadungeon was wrong. Anduin/Sylvanas, more covenant stuff and covenants (not) the ally/horde coming together. I had the theme right though =P
    pretty close there bud

3+ Year Old Account
    Predicting the raid will be sort of like a “race” against time.

To prevent the ritual of turning Anduin into a Domination/Maw Knight with Sylvanas attempting to stop us.

She succeeds and 9.1 ends with Anduin turned but at a cost of many of the jailers elite dead.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    If Garrosh isn't found in the Castle Nathria dungeons and doesn't have a role like Kael, I'm going to be very upset. I want him and Kael to bicker amongst themselves about pride and vengeance.... and complain about Arthas.

That was very clearly Garrosh in the Revendreth cinematic. Same tattoos, same voice actor, known to be a anima "cow" because of his pride.... yep that's Garrosh.
    Now that we are in control.. garrosh could be harvest for us in our favor. I would be completely fine by that and never have to hear hes horrible voice actor scream all the time.

it will contain same old same old boring

The most surprising is a 10-boss raid set in the Maw imho, I expected a mega dungeon and the extension of the Maw / Covenant campaigns, but I did not another raid as big as Castle Nathria or Nighthold.

What I see as a problem is the layout / style of the raid. I hope it's aesthetically not just a raid with Torghast assets.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I hope it's aesthetically not just a raid with Torghast assets.
    That feels like a relatively safe bet to me, though I imagine there will be some updates too from whatever they're doing with that Korthia.

Also there is this image from that kit and that's probably from the raid.

Something about that mob or boss makes me laugh but I cna't quite figure out what. Might be the stubby "arms".

So, after the leaks I guess we shouldn't expect any new customization for the allied races, right? I feel bad for my Kul Tiran and my Nightbornes...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    So, after the leaks I guess we shouldn't expect any new customization for the allied races, right? I feel bad for my Kul Tiran and my Nightbornes...
    I've not seen anything about new customization in general, so slightly worried.

Hope it's just not mentioned yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    That feels like a relatively safe bet to me, though I imagine there will be some updates too from whatever they're doing with that Korthia.

Also there is this image from that kit and that's probably from the raid.

Something about that mob or boss makes me laugh but I cna't quite figure out what. Might be the stubby "arms".
    oh no no no hahaha look at the top of his head

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

oh no no no hahaha look at the top of his head
    Yeah the head...I actually figured out what it reminds me of, speaking of.

Mercurymon of Digimon. Except lacking the lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Yeah the head...I actually figured out what it reminds me of, speaking of.

Mercurymon of Digimon. Except lacking the lips.
    The undetailed leg plating also looks odd.

I mean, I guess it's meant to look like an animated Iron Maiden type thing? Which is cool in concept. But it looks so clunky.