Echos of Great Sundering on PTR

Isn't that legendary close to useless in its current PTR state?
    Im not even using it, so maybe i am missing something here.

Elemental

Echoes of Great Sundering now causes Earthquake to deal 100% additional damage (was 175%).
    i get that tuning is needed, as Earthquake base damage gets a strong buff at the same time.
    But: With 100% additional damage there is no difference between EQ spamming and EQ/ES weaving in terms of total EQ damage output (apart from the additional ES damage). Infact you even loose burst, as straight EQ > EQ > EQ (3x100% EQ) will net you more than ES > EQ > ES... (1x200% EQ damage)

yes?no?

Yes, that does seem to be the case. It's probably not going to go live like that however, because Blizzard doesn't like to make huge nerfs to popular legendaries in the middle of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    Yes, that does seem to be the case. It's probably not going to go live like that however, because Blizzard doesn't like to make huge nerfs to popular legendaries in the middle of progression.
    Except no one uses that lengedary for raiding

And they buffed EQ which is why they nerfed the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    And they buffed EQ which is why they nerfed the legendary.
    thanks for repeating the obvious fact that is already written in post #1
    i get that tuning is needed as Earthquake base damage gets a strong buff at the same time.
    if you dont read more than the title there is no point in replying.

Just to clarify: eq will be dealing more damage on ptr than on live servers with the legendary. 175%, that buffed eq would be ridicilous now.

100% still has the advantage of much higher burst EQs. Additionally you still gain the ES damage on top that is buffed by 30% too....

So if you wear this legendary:
    buffed EQs will be hitting harder than live
    ES will be stronger, so st dps will go up

So you will deal more ES and EQ damage and get a straight buff

But...

other legendaries will be closer in AOE. But none of them look great though for m+ though. And you can still get that 100% eq damage buff for every pull by proper planning.

Just get to 130ms, es and then use 100% empowered eq at pull. Which will be higher damage than doing a 2nd eq later.

In ptr sims, it is bugged because they didnt get the eq damage buff. But if the notes are right, this buffs 11500 damage from buffed eq to 14500 for buffed eq which means st dps goes up from 6195 to 6418, which means it also significantly better in st.
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2021-02-23 at 10:58 AM.

EQ EQ is 200% EQ damage ES EQ is 100% ES damage AND 200% EQ damage.

In your example you use
    EQ EQ EQ (300%)
    Vs EQ ES EQ (300%+Earth Shock) you said 200% but you are leaving out the first EQ
    EQ 100%>EQ 100% >EQ 100% = 3x EQ
    VS
    EQ 100%> Earth shock> EQ 200% = 3x EQ+ 1x ES

EDIT:

If your focus is AoE burst depending on how fast you need it you would just EQ anyway even with old buff. If stuff is going to live past 2 rounds then no point in EQ EQ when you can get a free ES damage. And if they are gonna die soon you can either hold you next maelstrom or ES EQ EQ. If not ES EQ ES EQ will give you two free ES as opposed to EQ EQ EQ EQ
    Last edited by doodle90; 2021-02-23 at 01:17 PM.

looks like they realized a 100% EQ boost is close to pointless and put it to 120% on PTR right now
    If not ES EQ ES EQ will give you two free ES as opposed to EQ EQ EQ EQ
    yep, thats what i wrote in post#1. At 100% damage boost the benefit of the legendary would basically be the addition of ES damage. (which in my book is rather weak on its own).
    I feel like with 120% its in a good spot now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phala View Post
    looks like they realized a 100% EQ boost is close to pointless and put it to 120% on PTR right now

yep, thats what i wrote in post#1. At 100% damage boost the benefit of the legendary would basically be the addition of ES damage. (which in my book is rather weak on its own).
    I feel like with 120% its in a good spot now.
    there is also the issue of when you drop the eq during the trash pull. ie late eq lose value because adds die so there is an opportunity cost to using ES near the beginning of a pull if you don't have STK to cap you quickly