Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Never cared about marketing or promises. It's there to make you feel hype and spend something. Not there to give accurate image.
    Would love to hear a lawyer argue this to any governments laws over marketing. Any developed country has laws to stop false advertising. You can't just say your product cures cancer if it doesn't cure cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Yes, but you are comparing a Witcher 3 after 2 years of post-release development and 2 meaty expansions vs a game that just released. If you do the comparison like-for-like (ie both games on release), you'll see a different picture. Having said that, does that mean that CDPR should not be learning and improving on their releases (at the very least)? No it doesn't, absolutely not and they dropped the ball in many ways for this one. But that doesn't make this game in its own right a bad game or an utter failure, as much as some regular "contributors" to this thread want to project.
    Game literally has game crashing bugs, is propably (need to check) game to be axed from ps store, is unplayable (not in meme sense, like actuall) on last gen console. And those lying assholes have the audacity to come and say in their "apology" that the game meet their standards on last gen consoles. You need to literally boot it to see how fucked it is.

Nothing, not even fallout 76 or anything released by bethesda even come close. And give me a breat. witcher 3 on release day (bought it) was flawless compared to it. The most annoying shit in witcher 3 before patches was ui and item managment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Game literally has game crashing bugs, is propably (need to check) game to be axed from ps store, is unplayable (not in meme sense, like actuall) on last gen console. And those lying assholes have the audacity to come and say in their "apology" that the game meet their standards on last gen consoles. You need to literally boot it to see how fucked it is.

Nothing, not even fallout 76 or anything released by bethesda even come close. And give me a breat. witcher 3 on release day (bought it) was flawless compared to it. The most annoying shit in witcher 3 before patches was ui and item managment.
    And I have the game on a mid-spec PC from 4 years ago with more than 70 hours on the game without a single game-breaking bug to be experienced yet. As many others do and have said so repeatedly, both here and elsewhere. Does this mean that it was fine on last gen consoles or that it has no bugs on PC? No it doesn't. But does it mean it doesn't run for anyone and it's simply "bad" or "unplayable"? Again no. And that was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I don't know on what kind of garbage pirated copy people play on to complain so much about bugs (except old gen consoles). On pc I did two runs and I had one actual bug where I would be teleported 500 meters away when trying to go threw a specific window. It was corrected at the time of my second run.
    And that's all. It has some little glitches like all complexe games. And can clearly be improved but nothing actually "game breaking".
    Mmmmhm, so you're one of those magical people who just has entirely different experience to so many others.

- - - Updated - - -

And I have the game on a mid-spec PC from 4 years ago with more than 70 hours on the game without a single game-breaking bug to be experienced yet. As many others do and have said so repeatedly, both here and elsewhere. Does this mean that it was fine on last gen consoles or that it has no bugs on PC? No it doesn't. But does it mean it doesn't run for anyone and it's simply "bad" or "unplayable"? Again no. And that was my point.
    I have pretty top of the line PC and it was outright unplayable.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Mmmmhm, so you're one of those magical people who just has entirely different experience to so many others.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no reason to doubt it was unplayable for you or anyone who says it was for them. However, I know how it runs on mine and my friends' computers, while I have no reason to doubt the people that say it runs fine on theirs, too. So what does that mean? That it was unoptimised, which is an entirely different thing than "unplayable for everyone" full stop. From there on, I hope you managed to get a refund and spent that money on something you enjoyed.

I have no reason to doubt it was unplayable for you or anyone who says it was for them. However, I know how it runs on mine and my friends' computers, while I have no reason to doubt the people that say it runs fine on theirs, too. So what does that mean? That it was unoptimised, which is an entirely different thing than "unplayable for everyone" full stop. From there on, I hope you managed to get a refund and spent that money on something you enjoyed.
    I had good FPS, it wasn't "unoptimized". I had horrendous shit amount of bugs that broke the game multitude ways or made it outright unplayable. And I did get refund which I am glad of. As far as enjoyment go, I never was given the chance to enjoy the game because of how bugged it was.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

And many, many, many, many more have to experience the fucking mess this shit is.

10+ Year Old Account
    And many, many, many, many more have to experience the fucking mess this shit is.
    You can't really back that up. Sure there's people that have experienced bugs but you can't say its mostly everyone that has bugged experiences, when it comes to PC.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You can't really back that up. Sure there's people that have experienced bugs but you can't say its mostly everyone that has bugged experiences, when it comes to PC.
    Im not talking only about pc. Im talking across platforms. And on pc there are complains from everywhere also. From big review sites to anecdotal evidences.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why would your pc being top of the line matter if you're complaining about bugs
    ...Because the main argument against terrible user experience is that it's because of poor hardware, as in a way as the way within the message my post was quoting?

Why would your pc being top of the line matter if you're complaining about bugs
    ask PS4 users what the game is like. Hardware clearly matters especially when trying to smorgasbord every piece of lighting and shadows you can to sell the dream of "night city"

I like how people are defending this game and they have to emphasize "on PC" like them selling on consoles doesnt matter. The fact sony had to remove the game from the shop says all that is needed to be said. I think thats only been done once before with some ultra buggy cricket game.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Half-Life 1 and 2? WarCraft 3? PoP: Sands of Time? Bioshock? Fallout? Fookin Dark Souls? Or... something from which Cyberpunk took a lot of inspiration - Deus Ex??? The list goes on...

Nothing to improve? Are you serious? Not even the dumb NPC's on the streets/cars, insta spawning cops, not even those?
    He's probably Polish and sees CDPR as a source of national pride. I've met a few

But I'm not defending the game, why does everyone fucking assume so much on this site
    you'll notice that is a 2nd paragraph. I was more referencing Aeluron.

You are allowed to make multiple points in a post, thats why I used paragraphing. But continue to spaz out about this site son I wont stop you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep clearly. I was probably touched by grace. And I clearly don't have a top of the line computer. I built it 10 years ago and added since a 1070 a SSD and a bit of ram.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Because there is nothing to improve and only maybe a handful of games in entire gaming history could even began to imagine coming as close as sniffing CP2077.

The only two games that could compete would be witcher 3 and mass effect. Everything else is just forgettable.
    as rpg elements go cyberpunk blows witcher 3 out of the water in almost every aspect

the bad things are the bugs ofc,the cut content,the weird gameplay design choices with cops teleporting(this is not a bug) and if you prefer the setting of witcher 3

but in every other aspect,this game is a huge step up from witcher 3

witcher 3 is awsome,but people seem to have a really huge love boner for the game,but it doesnt really offer much as an rpg,dragon age inquisition has more rpg elements

ofc im not saying that makes witcher 3 a bad game,just not an amazing rpg,its very limited

Considering people finished it on last gen it's pretty clear that claiming it's unplayable is false.

Nothing, not even fallout 76 or anything released by bethesda even come close.
    Lol, fo76 was outright bricking consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Considering people finished it on last gen it's pretty clear that claiming it's unplayable is false.

This is a game that regularly dips to 15 fps on last gen systems. Aside from all the crashing it does on the regular, too.

Some people just have exceptionally low standards for what they find acceptable and playable.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-02-20 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    This is a game that regularly dips to 15 fps on last gen systems. Aside from all the crashing it does on the regular, too.

Some people just have exceptionally low standards for what they find acceptable and playable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFM0joet_4

Imma call bs on the 15 fps

...Because the main argument against terrible user experience is that it's because of poor hardware, as in a way as the way within the message my post was quoting?
    I don't get how you thought I inferred your PC specs had anything to do with the game not running for you, but I guess this is what you get on an internet debate nowadays. The reason I mentioned that my PC is mid-low spec was that I wasn't trying to say that it ran fine because I had a super-computer or anything, rather that it just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post

Oh wow people finished game so it is playable. FFS...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I don't know on what kind of garbage pirated copy people play on to complain so much about bugs (except old gen consoles). On pc I did two runs and I had one actual bug where I would be teleported 500 meters away when trying to go threw a specific window. It was corrected at the time of my second run.
    And that's all. It has some little glitches like all complexe games. And can clearly be improved but nothing actually "game breaking".
    "Look i dont have cancer so i dont know what shit people are talking about, did broke my toe once so thats it, life is great, nothing "life breaking"...