Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Firstly I understand that this is purely to drive the story however, a simple Ascended asks for an audience for a king who was trapped in The Maw since being abducted and walks in alone without the aid of the player (champion) and The Archon or any of her advisors don't have any suspicion? Plus the look Sylvanas gives you can now see she is clearly thinking twice about what she's doing and the direct comparisons between The Lich King and The Jailer shes's perhaps catching on, which means the attempt at a redemption arc even if we kill her.

The writing seems to be getting worse imo but its beginning to be a good expansion overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hilarious how the stream has been going on for over half an hour and so they've spent 90% of it talking about "be nice to each other" and hearthstone cards. The patch 8.2 trailer was all of a grand total of 2 minutes. No wonder they're dragging out the hearthstone cards; they've nothing actually meaningful to talk about.
    Yes, how immensely odd that this introduction to Blizzconline immediately preceding a dedicated What's next and deep dive panels for WoW didnt focus more on WoW content.

Truly it boggles the mind why Blizzard didnt dedicate more time to the panels they are dedicating the most time to.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Those ears would have rotted away within a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Also why on earth do you have a chest full of incriminating evidence? And the rotting smell would be a dead giveaway.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the 9.1 trailer against my better judgement. It's somehow even worse than I thought. I thought maybe Lich King Anduin was going to be a bait and we'd actually end up redeeming his soul.

Nah he's 100% a raid boss now after that. And we know what always happens when you replace a faction leader.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Lots of nostalgia milking, I see, what with the Burning Crusade classic... Hearthstone classic cards... oldschool blizzard games rerelease... D2 rerelease.

Lots of nostalgia milking, I see, what with the Burning Crusade classic... Hearthstone classic cards... oldschool blizzard games rerelease... D2 rerelease.
    You seem bitter about everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also why on earth do you have a chest full of incriminating evidence? And the rotting smell would be a dead giveaway.
    Are you new to the Diablo IP? Because that sort of stuff fits Sanctuary. It is also a throwback to collecting ears in from player kills in Diablo and Diablo 2
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 4 looks a little disappointing. The Rogue looks a little too much like the Demon Hunter to me.

I'm digging the Hearthstone expansion though. Love the theme!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Diablo 4 looks a little disappointing. The Rogue looks a little too much like the Demon Hunter to me.

I'm digging the Hearthstone expansion though. Love the theme!
    Hearthstone had better have a card about Mankrik's Wife though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooooh BC Classic panel. Time for me to wake up.

Is this the correct time to ask why the WoW: What's next panel is about TBC Classic and not the actual new patches coming very soon?

I mean, it's not even like the idea of Classic WoW servers is that new or novel, we literally have the exact framework for how they are likely going to play out going forward with the current WoW Classic servers. What could more info possibly add that could legitimately take that long?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually? Is this panel literally just going to be Blizzard patting themselves on teh back and reminiscing about what a good time they had back in TBC?

Is that really warranting a full panel? Even more so the prime spot panel right after the opening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Is this the correct time to ask why the WoW: What's next panel is about TBC Classic and not the actual new patches coming very soon?

I mean, it's not even like the idea of Classic WoW servers is that new or novel, we literally have the exact framework for how they are likely going to play out going forward with the current WoW Classic servers. What could more info possibly add that could legitimately take that long?
    Look I'm a Classic Stooge these days but even I'm a bit surprised of it getting an entire panel to itself. Like what are they gonna do, talk about the 58 boost restrictions more? Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

1. Can't use it in Vanilla
    2. Can't use it on BElves or Draenei
    3. Can only use one per account

It's basically a way to catch up someone who hasn't played Vanilla but now wants to get into BC without doing all the extra leg work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually? Is this panel literally just going to be Blizzard patting themselves on teh back and reminiscing about what a good time they had back in TBC?

Is that really warranting a full panel? Even more so the prime spot panel right after the opening?
    Kind of wondering the same thing. For a Deep Dive, they have yet to spend a minute actually diving into the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Look I'm a Classic Stooge these days but even I'm a bit surprised of it getting an entire panel to itself. Like what are they gonna do, talk about the 58 boost restrictions more? Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

1. Can't use it in Vanilla
    2. Can't use it on BElves or Draenei
    3. Can only use one per account

It's basically a way to catch up someone who hasn't played Vanilla but now wants to get into BC without doing all the extra leg work.
    Based on what is happening on stream it really does seem like a bit of a circlejerk.
    Yes, TBC was good and had cool areas and was a big step for WoW as a game? But we know that already, surely there must be a better time to have a roundtabel where all they do is pat themselves on the back for the good stuff in TBC?

10+ Year Old Account
    BC confirmed to be #SomeChanges!

- - - Updated - - -

Well we're finally starting to get into some interesting back-end information on how the game has changed over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Naked Blood Elf is about how I'm feeling about this panel.

BC confirmed to be #SomeChanges!

- - - Updated - - -

Well we're finally starting to get into some interesting back-end information on how the game has changed over time.
    This panel definitely seems far too overthought.
    This could have been a 10 minute panel where someone mentioned the level boost, and clarified what they have learned about having a Classic server taht they will look at going into TBC Classic. This did not need to be this long a panel, and definitely not this format.

10+ Year Old Account
    This panel definitely seems far too overthought.
    This could have been a 10 minute panel where someone mentioned the level boost, and clarified what they have learned about having a Classic server taht they will look at going into TBC Classic. This did not need to be this long a panel, and definitely not this format.
    Well now that we're getting actually funny dev moments it's at least interesting. But this shouldn't have been WoW's lead panel. This should have been after the 9.1 panel, much as I hate 9.1.

Lots of nostalgia milking, I see, what with the Burning Crusade classic..
    Wow it's almost like people asked for it for a decade

Don't mind me, just here to harvest a fresh batch of salt from the salty retailer salt mine

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like they're going to use the first version of fights instead of final versions. That's a big change from Classic being entirely 1.12's versions.

Well now that we're getting actually funny dev moments it's at least interesting. But this shouldn't have been WoW's lead panel. This should have been after the 9.1 panel, much as I hate 9.1.
    This could have been 3 different panels, and each one would be better than this one.
    A short panel recapping the actual What's next for TBC Classic, a 10 minute "best moments" roundtable, and then lastly a tales from the dev table panel where they share funny anecdotes about TBC development.
    Trying to cram all 3 together just makes it confusing.