No release date? lol...

That was pretty disappointing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Guess maybe it will be in the deep dive, but otherwise it seems like we will have to wait.
    Pretty sure that was the deep dive.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn Towelliee went hard on Blizzard after that panel. Said 9.1 is probably summer and 9.2 might be next year, with Shadowlands being a three year expansion.

He's optimistic on the three year expansion, though. If that timeline is legit it's just gonna end in 9.2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a Q&A tomorrow

So questions will be there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's a Q&A tomorrow

So questions will be there.
    Well it's a Blizzard Q&A so I'd expect the questions to be HEAVILY curated. So no people dragging them over the coals about the mess that is 9.1.

Most important thing shown was the HD Infinite Dragonflight model that was downplayed by the funny pirate gimmick.

That model is absolutely going to be used elsewhere and points to the infinite being in Shadowlands or 10.0.

i mean mid may is 6 months after release which seems to be the patch cycle they want to keep, looked decent enough

Current predictions:

9.0.5 - March
    9.1 - June
    9.1.5 - September
    9.2 - January

10.0 (New expansion) - September/October

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Most important thing shown was the HD Infinite Dragonflight model that was downplayed by the funny pirate gimmick.

That model is absolutely going to be used elsewhere and points to the infinite being in Shadowlands or 10.0.
    Nah 10.0 is the Turalyon, Y'rel, and Light expansion at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post

^ This pretty much.

With the dungeon having a more diverse array of mobs, expect some foreshadowing.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Current predictions:

9.0.5 - March
    9.1 - June
    9.1.5 - September
    9.2 - January

10.0 (New expansion) - September/October
    I'm still trusting their usual attempt to shove things through to match a certain competitor.

9.1 - April 20
    BC - June
    9.2 - Fall 2021
    9.3 - Spring 2022
    10.0 - Fall 2022

If 9.1 DOES slip though I think your timeline is the most likely one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    There's no Q&A so IDK why they feel the need to rush through these.

Though I do push back on the people saying this is light for a patch reveal. Feels about right.

Anyway we all in agreement on April 20th for the patch?
    They didn't show anything? They have no idea on systems? They even asked for ideas. They have no zone or raid art to show. They are laughably behind. June at the earliest.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it's a Blizzard Q&A so I'd expect the questions to be HEAVILY curated. So no people dragging them over the coals about the mess that is 9.1.
    They asked for quests before they even revealed the patch. There probably wont be many questions about 9.1

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still trusting their usual attempt to shove things through to match a certain competitor.

9.1 - April 20
    BC - June
    9.2 - Fall 2021
    9.3 - Spring 2022
    10.0 - Fall 2022

If 9.1 DOES slip though I think your timeline is the most likely one.
    They have a lot of content coming that isn't ready to show. They need minimum 6 or 7 weeks of testing if not 9 or 10 weeks. Ptr wont even be up till mid March at the earliest. April is 100% IMPOSSIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    No release date? lol...
    You want release date before PTR?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Working at Home hinders how much they can get done.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think May is the most likely at this point. June seem to be far off.

Damn Towelliee went hard on Blizzard after that panel. Said 9.1 is probably summer and 9.2 might be next year, with Shadowlands being a three year expansion.

He's optimistic on the three year expansion, though. If that timeline is legit it's just gonna end in 9.2.
    You saw last Towelliee streams? He hates current design and want Legion/BfA grind back. So no wonder he will nitpick everything now. Just like Preach complained about grind last 4 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Though I do push back on the people saying this is light for a patch reveal. Feels about right.
    ?
    Not really?

They always showcase at least a little bit of the new zone/dungeon/raid/system updates, this time we got nothing but a replay of the cinematic trailer.
    Ion shut down any talk regarding gameplay systems pretty much immediately, and the rest of the panel was just muffin man going "Look at this mount! LOOK. AT. IT!"

Compared to previous patch announcements, this is quite lacking.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Not really?

They always showcase at least a little bit of the new zone/dungeon/raid/system updates, this time we got nothing but a replay of the cinematic trailer.
    Ion shut down any talk regarding gameplay systems pretty much immediately, and the rest of the panel was just muffin man going "Look at this mount! LOOK. AT. IT!"

Compared to previous patch announcements, this is quite lacking.
    I really don't think it's that far off base. It was light on the in-game screenshots but it had the information on what we're getting. We're just not getting anything. It's the Maw Rework they said they were delaying SL for then never actually did, it's flying, it's cosmetics, and it's a raid. That's your 9.1, enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm guessing Working at Home hinders how much they can get done.
    Yeah this is unfortunate. Shadowlands could have been great, but its being ruined by Covid. Either we have long waits for patches, or they scrap a tier and we get another WoD. Not looking good.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think it's that far off base. It was light on the in-game screenshots but it had the information on what we're getting. We're just not getting anything. It's the Maw Rework they said they were delaying SL for then never actually did, it's flying, it's cosmetics, and it's a raid. That's your 9.1, enjoy it.
    Its actually rather big. Its bigger than 7.1 or 8.1. Its a .2 sized patch. Maybe they went too ambitious? Maybe its covid. They are just really behind on development. 9.0.5 makes sense now. If 9.1 was going to be ready by April or even early May all of its stuff would be in 9.1. 0.5 was the writing on the wall for them being behind.

We have no idea how big the new zone is. Is it going to be good? Its going to at least be Mechagon or Timeless Isle level while making the Maw "hopefully" good.
    Torghast updates.
    Systems updates.
    New megadungeon which will be 2 new mythic+ dungeons later.
    New 10 boss raid after another 10 boss raid. 2 large raids in a row.
    New covenant campaign quests.

It honestly could be as big or bigger than 7.2. Its certainly bigger than 7.1 or 8.1.