Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If they try to push that point as "She now has regrets after turning Anduin" that will be the most lame thing ever. If they also try to make others believe in it (by hamming the plot) then it will be the second lamest thing ever in the history of WoW. Since apparently NOTHING she did before made her doubt the Jailer or see him as wrong/bad but him turning Andy somehow is a breaking point for her?

I mean... sure. Whatever... people are weird at times but dont make everybody else change their mind about her or "be wrong" since she is still a monster and a criminal, her feeling sappy about Anduin being buttsexed by the Jailer should not count as anything but "too late" or crocodilean tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    It's because Arthas is inhabiting Anduin's body. Uneasiness. They made it clear who is in Anduin when Uther touched his wound when he saw Anduin.

It's not just a callback to Arthas. It IS Arthas.
    Didn't consider that. That's alot of voices in one mind. Anduin, Arthas, jailer. Sheesh
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    It's because Arthas is inhabiting Anduin's body. Uneasiness. They made it clear who is in Anduin when Uther touched his wound when he saw Anduin.

Thats actually pretty awrsome if its the case. Or worse arthad and ner zul....
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Wouldnt it be Nerzhul and not Arthas? Arthas on his own is just a spoiled douche.

We will see arthas in the raid but not in anduin because they mentioned something about jailers VIP souls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    If they try to push that point as "She now has regrets after turning Anduin" that will be the most lame thing ever. If they also try to make others believe in it (by hamming the plot) then it will be the second lamest thing ever in the history of WoW. Since apparently NOTHING she did before made her doubt the Jailer or see him as wrong/bad but him turning Andy somehow is a breaking point for her?

I mean... sure. Whatever... people are weird at times but dont make everybody else change their mind about her or "be wrong" since she is still a monster and a criminal, her feeling sappy about Anduin being buttsexed by the Jailer should not count as anything but "too late" or crocodilean tears.
    As the other poster said. If it's Arthas (they might have a point here) then it would be ever more hilarious. She basically turned a good guy into bad by using her own murderer who started this whole processes for her by following the same evil entity she is currently following.

Laughable. That's what Sylvanas is. Not dead. Not redeemed. Laughable.

And people hate anduin lol, while she's still around.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The Archon saying "you..." , to free anduin soul from his grasp , and then the jailer takes over talking directly to Kyrestia ... but no it's Arthas

Uther reacts because he probably recognizes the power or influence of the maw , because he's been fucked over by it twice now .
    Last edited by valax; 2021-02-20 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    As the other poster said. If it's Arthas (they might have a point here) then it would be ever more hilarious. She basically turned a good guy into bad by using her own murderer who started this whole processes for her by following the same evil entity she is currently following.

I hate them both equally but i used to like Anduin back in Pandaria...

And i sincerely hope they are not doing what we all assuming they are doing because pulling a redemption story based on her feeling shitty about this whole situation... Which she SOLELY responsible for (yep. HER alone made Jailer's comeback possible since she was that "small pebble" that caused an avalanche, all other big figures just joined in later) is kinda retarded.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Kyrians make me laugh. They're just so fucking ridiculous, it's an absolute wonder they're still alive with how fucking stupid they are. I cheered when the triangle head got dunked on. Lmao oh boy
    Let's hope the Winter Queen is next lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Wouldnt it be Nerzhul and not Arthas? Arthas on his own is just a spoiled douche.
    I thought nerzhul was purged from the helm when Arthas beat him in the book.

(Grain of salt though mind you cuz he was in the broken frostmourne when u do DK quest)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    I hate them both equally but i used to like Anduin back in Pandaria...

And i sincerely hope they are not doing what we all assuming they are doing because pulling a redemption story based on her feeling shitty about this whole situation... Which she SOLELY responsible for (yep. HER alone made Jailer's comeback possible since she was that "small pebble" that caused an avalanche, all other big figures just joined in later) is kinda retarded.
    Gotta remember man.

Lead narrative guy.

She's his waifu. Man's a total Sylvanas anime lover.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean, duh?
    Don't be like that!

Gossip!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    The Archon saying "you..." , to free anduin soul from his grasp , and then the jailer takes over talking directly to Kyrestia ... but no it's Arthas

Uther reacts because he probably recognizes the power or influence of the maw , because he's been fucked over by it twice now .
    Arthas could be the gem in the sword.

No one knows. That's the point of speculation.

Definitely Arthas, I mean I think that death knight form looks like Arthas more so than Anduin. Crazy how sylvanas is ok working with him and kel, hence the new change of heart that is probably going to take place. Their making her look extremely naive. But atlas let’s see where this goes.

I genuinely dont think its Arthas but the Jailer

And Anduin is still a boring piece of trash, and Blizzard seems to agree lol

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    excuse me, let me rephrase for beter understanding

it was a bad plot choice because it was pointless and unnecessary
    And that's completely subjective. Like to me it makes more sense that Sylvanas became Warchief because he died and was played to name her, than he just "going on a a secret mission" and leaving her in charge for no conceivable reason. I'm sure there could have been away to let him live, but to call something "pointless" and "unnecessary" just because you don't like it and there were other feasible ways, it's not a fair assesment.

And again, the fact that Vol'jin ended up becoming a Loa makes his death far from pointless and unecessary.

(Grain of salt though mind you cuz he was in the broken frostmourne when u do DK quest)

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta remember man.

Lead narrative guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be like that!

Gossip!

- - - Updated - - -

IMO the gem is how the Jailer controls the wielder/ wearer of the vessels of domination , like the Helm. Remember Arthas snapping back to his old self when the crown is removed at the end of ICC and the same reason why bolvar apparently has been tainted too while wearing it.
    I don't think Arthas soul itself is instrumental in any of this tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    So rewatching the trailer, I now truly believe that Arthas' spirit resides in Anduin. Too many signs that aren't JUST callbacks, but literal. Anduin IS Arthas. He speaks like Arthas did. Uther's reaction. Sylvanas' reaction. Anduin's body is a vessel, Arthas is the spirit.
    No I don't think he's Arthas. He's just being controlled by the Jailer. Hes lifeless. Dead inside. Hes being dominated by the true dominator.

So rewatching the trailer, I now truly believe that Arthas' spirit resides in Anduin. Too many signs that aren't JUST callbacks, but literal. Anduin IS Arthas. He speaks like Arthas did. Uther's reaction. Sylvanas' reaction. Anduin's body is a vessel, Arthas is the spirit.
    Personally I don't think so; sure the callbacks are intentional, but thematic rather than literal. We see Uther reacting to the same magic that hurt his soul in Arthas hands, we see Sylvanas reacting to what she has done, He doesn't speak like Arthas, he is being used by the jailer as a conduit for HIS voice, not Arthas. There's nothing to suggest that Arthas is inside of Anduin.

But, I don't discount the idea he might have been used to make Shalamourne

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No I don't think he's Arthas. He's just being controlled by the Jailer. Hes lifeless. Dead inside. Hes being dominated by the true dominator.
    He does snap for a second before the Jailer reasserts himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I genuinely dont think its Arthas but the Jailer

And Anduin is still a boring piece of trash, and Blizzard seems to agree lol
    He is boring definitely. But he's linear. Like you know what he's gonna do. Which makes sense cuz he's boring lol.

But id rather have boring than,

Edgy teenage angst ex warchief current conflicted goth teen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    And that's completely subjective.
    if could have be done with him alive, like we already aknowledge, then is not subjective at all.

Like to me it makes more sense that Sylvanas became Warchief because he died and was played to name her, than he just "going on a a secret mission" and leaving her in charge for no conceivable reason.
    the second one make more sense, in a degree, because both of then make no sense if we look realistically, but one, at least was something temporary that could have being endured, exactly because it was temporary.

Him making her leader made no sense, and horde following her like she was a messiah made no sense either, but at least would be more palatable to follow because vol'jin said so, until he came back, than just follow her because freaking spirits told him so.

I'm sure there could have been away to let him live, but to call something "pointless" and "unnecessary" just because you don't like it and there were other feasible ways, it's not a fair assesment.
    plot of Bfa could have be done with him alive? yes

His death cause any good impact or good development to the narrative, that was unique or interesting? no

so yes, pointless and unecessary

And again, the fact that Vol'jin ended up becoming a Loa makes his death far from pointless and unecessary.
    the fact that vol'jin ending up a loa, by itself, is pointless and unnecessary, because again, its a role already filled by bwosandi and his own father, and him as loa is making no fucking difference in the narrative at all when he could be huge as a position it was builded in MOP
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-02-20 at 01:11 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta remember man.

Lead narrative guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be like that!

Gossip!

- - - Updated - - -

Danuser's simping is what drives the plot into a narrative ditch full of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    arthas being the stone in the sword would be sweet, but i'm also up for whatever is happening without that. this is all awesome.

one thing the forums miss when talking about sylvanas plot-wise: it makes complete sense that anduin would push her over the edge. none of the other living people she's cared about have taken a second to show sympathy, just disgust. vereesa rejected her. alleria rejected her. half of azeroth sees that she's undead and can't acknowledge her existence. anduin talks to her like his peer, so him being the first person to actually speak to sylvanas, not just try to kill her or revile her, totally explains why that would be the person to make her question things. not that she hasn't been questioning things this entire time-every step of the way she's been full of doubt and repression. look at the pendant quest in TBC.
    I agree BUT gotta say. Sylvanas' has to be alot older and is far more experienced than Anduin. She shouldn't need him for phycological support to realize that she's working with the entity that brought about her demise and ruined her people. Current and former.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2021-02-20 at 01:12 AM.