Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You don't know that what was done to Anduin is irreversible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    That doesn't really make sense though, because there are four covenants and five intended kidnap victims. Tyrande just escaped.
    Or maybe Tyrande escaped so she needed a replacement?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Well, the first two were paladins, which were all originally human. It seems to be that there's some link between the light and being the LK, or that the Jailor wants light wielders as the LK.
    the Warcraft 3 manuals at least says that the Death Knights were former Paladins
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    He seems to be alive and occasionally conscious without being able to act by himself. Jailer is simply controlling him. I think there is still hope even after what he has done to Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    SPOILERS AHEAD

Since Anduin is going to die and be resurrected as a DK that means that the Wrynn dynasty is extinct. No heirs can be produced. Who will take over Stormwind?

-Looks at Turalyon and Alleria's heir-
    we don'T know he he dies yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Why are all lich kings humans.
    he is not a lich king.

That doesn't really make sense though, because there are four covenants and five intended kidnap victims. Tyrande just escaped.
    Tyrande wasn't kidnapped. She jumped in when we did the ritual. She's been running around since then.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Tyrande wasn't kidnapped. She jumped in when we did the ritual. She's been running around since then.
    That's how she later ends up in the Shadowlands.

Before that, when the Mawsworn were abducting everyone else, some came after Tyrande too but she killed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Unless it leaves permanent noteworthy damage to Anduin and changes his character after he is rescued it is a meaningless development. So lets see how Anduin behaves at the end of it all.
    terrible?
    I do agree that the pre-BFA story was sh8t, but Rise of the Horde is bad? It is best warcraft novel
    There is lord of clan, shattering (also i hate it ended Thrall x Jaina), Arthas, all those are her work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the Warcraft 3 manuals at least says that the Death Knights were former Paladins
    and it got sh8tconned since wrath (I love wrath, but i hated the idea of DK from non-pally races)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It's fairly obvious based on the trailer that Manduin isn't going to die. He has a moment of lucidity in it.

Just like aunt Sylvies' gaze tells us she won't be killed either.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i am more sure that is just him putting his hand over the scar on his soul when he sees anduin before he gets shoved by the guard behind him not him bowing his head. during some of the quests in bastion he left notes talking about all of his memorys that don't involve Arthas are suppose to be gone.

he had seen King Varian before so it probably made his PTSD scar itch about arthas.
    Just like Harry Potter's scar when Voldermort was near?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They weren't lying, when the concept art of Dk-duin popped up it was only natural for people to believe he'd be risen into undeath.
    Of course he is lying. He just concluded, seeing Anduin in DK gear = he is dead which he clearly is NOT. Keyword here is facts! Which OP has none of = he is lying yet agian. And its not his first time getting caught in it.
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

In the cinematic anduin seems to slip in and out of his DK mode, the jailor also explicitly refers to anduin as 'the vessel' so he's probably not undead, just posessed by some kind of maw/banshee magic- uncorrupted anduin is still somewhere in there and will sadly be redeeemed.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    we don'T know he he dies yet

- - - Updated - - -

he is not a lich king.
    We know this now thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Well, I guess the entire Night Elf race was not enough. Danuser has to sacrifice more Alliance characters to his beloved Banshee. Not that this comes unexpected but geezus christ can the story stop being about Sylvanas and her redemption any time soon? How many expansions will this go on...

We know the Redemption is coming, because Danuser will never allow her to go down as a villain, but who else does have to fall over so she can prevail and have her perfect afterlife with Nathanos? It's ridiculous how shamelessly the Alliance is getting fragged over, yet again.

As for the Wrynn Dynasty. Anduin isn't dead or undead. Kleia clearly talks about a LIVING Mortal. He is corrupted by the Jailer though, with the armor and Shalamourne controlling him pretty much like Frostmourne controlled Arthas. But even Arthas wasn't fully dead or undead, his body was changed, altered, but he remained alive, he died when we killed him, not before.

The question is if he can ever get over the things he is forced to do at the moment. Imagine Arthas had been freed from the control of Ner'zhul after he murdered his father and destroyed his home. He would have been destroyed and the same might be in Anduin's future.
    So now that we know that Anduin is under control by the Jailer and he seems to have strong will to resist as we saw him resisting for some seconds there and considering Sylvannas is becoming a raid boss as expected do you think we might kill Sylvannas as a raid or is it possible that Anduin will get his free will back and gets Sylvannas himself like what Sylvannas tried to do to Arthas? Also considering the devs mentioned in a past interview that the Alliance might change after Shadowlands do you think Anduin's character might change after this experience, thinks of the whole events that started from Garrosh and ended in Shadowlands and deduces that he should dismantle the Horde for their role in those events? I was thinking of that What if theory by the time the new trailer of 9.1 appeared.

they won't kill him as long as he's a virgin

They seriously turned Anduin in a DK without actually killing him because they know they can't do that.

I'm tired of the writer's obsession with this character and sucking out all the cool lore because they don't know how to push him more into the spotlight than he already is.
    They should fire Christie Golden and Danuser.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, we don't know that it's extinct. Varian's line has ended, but he could potentially have other relatives that have just never been mentioned before.

Also possible that what happens to Anduin ends up being reversed somehow or they reveal he knocked some woman up before he left. (Which, realistically, should have been his #1 priority after Varian's death, for this exact reason.) Or he stays undead, but turns good again and rules Stormwind as it's now-immortal King forever.
    Oh God, that's so horrifying and bad Blizz might just do it! How could you give them the idea?!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    thankfully Valeera can be 100% Horde now
    Sorry. Belf girls are human owned. It is known.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Also, the mind controlling didn't work on Arthas almost at all, neither on Bolvar, that's been started earlier already. No idea why it works well on Anduin though, we'll see hopefully.
    The former two weren't anywhere near the Jailer, whereas Anduin was his prisoner. I assume distance makes it more difficult to control someone, which is why it lapses for a short moment in Bastion, but is fully functional in the follow up scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is not dead yet. And we can see in the cinematic that he temporarily regains control and is shocked by what "he" just did. My bet is that we will just free him of the Jailer's grasp and he will be back as the Anduin we know. Well, mostly. Such an experience should change him somehow.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"