Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Diablo 2 Ressurrected : 44$ USD (54$CAD)

I understand that they have been working a lot of D2 : Resurrected, but 54$CAD (or 44USD) is beyond greedy for a remastered title.

Are they going to use the same old argument about giving us lord of destruction included? Please. This game has been out for 20 years, come the f*** on*.

Personally, I don't mind paying for it, i've been a fan since day 1 of D2 release, but all those friends that I want to play with, and newer player, they won't pay that much.

I'm I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous ?

at least its not 60/70 bucks

Yah I think it's too expensive for an old game I already have that still works well.

is polished and stuff but is still an old game, like the wc3 and they cost the same as a brand new game.
    yes i can afford it, will i? no, cus is wrong is so many ways...

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a god damn joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I agree, its a bit steep. IIRC reforged warcraft 3 also costed....40 dollars?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Seeing how great WC3:Refunded turned out... it's bold to ask for more than 10 bucks.

But then again, they could price it at like $100 bucks and would still make a fortune. Blizzard loyalist zealots are some of the most insanely blind and I just pay whatever because it's company X customers I've ever seen. Seriously, we're rivaling Apple here. They can just do whatever the fuck they want and ask for any random amount of money... and old Bobby 'Devil Horns' Kotick is still gonna make another couple millions... and no matter how good their sales are they'll probably still lay off another 500ish people and rehire them at a lower rate because why the fuck not but please don't unionize because the gaming industry couldn't possibly work if everyone just stopped willingly eating shit while fucking paying for it.

So buckle up, Lord of destruction is probably gonna come in a couple years and they'll just ask your for another 30 or 40 bucks. Bu maybe you'll get a cool WoW pet or an Overwatch lootbox FOR FREE alongside your purchase to make you feel better.

Quick question, so the current version...what happens to that. And it’s......gone. I did buy the downloadable one like 3-4 years ago and occasionally play for a little while creating new characters since they delete your account fast if it doesn’t get used. Crazy how in 20 years a company can make you buy their old game 3 times over, if I were to get this remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If you don't like the price, don't pay it. The game company sets the price they want you to pay, and you can say yes, or no. You don't get to run the company and set the prices.

That's how the real world works.

Besides, surely some of you have gotten jobs since D2, haven't you? 40 bucks is pocket change if you like the game. If 40 bucks is too much, maybe you need to not be spending on games anyway?

Again, it's luxury pixels. Don't like the price, don't pay it.
    The main issue here, like it was with wc3 is that if everybody looks the other away, just because we can pay 40 bucks for a reforged, ressurected, remastered, call it what you want, how much will we pay in future for a new ip or a brand new expansion?

40 bucks is reasonable to me.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    So buckle up, Lord of destruction is probably gonna come in a couple years and they'll just ask your for another 30 or 40 bucks.
    LoD is included.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Age of Empires definitive edition bundle costs this much (which contains all 3 games with tons of added content).

kek

starcraft remaster $15
    warcraft deforged $30
    diablo ressurect $40

starting to get steep.

So don't pay for it. How much did some of you pay for games that are a lot worse and a lot more buggy? $60? $70? Again, why is it such a big deal what other people do with their money?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

If it's as good as it looks, 44$ is a steal.

But that's a big If.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    You don't have to rebuy it if you don't want to. As long as the old version still loads for you on current OS, you have what you paid for.
    Like that is a guarantee with blizzard these days. time to backup the diablo 2 patches just in case.

also noticed they promised the "full cinematic remaster" again like they did with war3, dangerous thing for them to promise.

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I understand that they have been working a lot of D2 : Resurrected, but 54$CAD (or 44USD) is beyond greedy for a remastered title.

Are they going to use the same old argument about giving us lord of destruction included? Please. This game has been out for 20 years, come the f*** on*.

Personally, I don't mind paying for it, i've been a fan since day 1 of D2 release, but all those friends that I want to play with, and newer player, they won't pay that much.

I'm I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous ?
    I have no problems paying for quality entertainment, especially one that i will play for hundreds or thousands of hours. But i'll agree that 40€ is a bit on the higher side than i expected. Not ridiculous, but high, yea.

On the other hand, the amount of AAA games i paid 40-60€ for to get 10-20h of gameplay out of them make it feel like an ok price.

Keep in mind W3:Reforged had the same price for a vastly inferior product with a fraction of the effort, passion and overall quality that this one appears to have.

If it's as good as it actually looks like, i won't regret buying it, whatsoever. Great time to be an ARPG fan with Diablo 2 Resurrected, Diablo 4 and Path of Exile 2 on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    The main issue here, like it was with wc3 is that if everybody looks the other away, just because we can pay 40 bucks for a reforged, ressurected, remastered, call it what you want, how much will we pay in future for a new ip or a brand new expansion?
    As the man said, if you don't think it's a fair price...don't buy it. That's how you tell blizzard that you aren't willing to pay 45 bucks for a remaster...you just don't buy it.

Personally, I think the price is fair for what they are releasing...my only concern is that it turns out as badly as WC:RF. So, for that reason, I won't be pre-ordering. I'll wait till it's released. I'll read the reviews about how successful this remaster is...and then I will make my decision as to whether or not I will be purchasing.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Price is fine. If it was too expensive they wont sell copys and at some stage it'll be on discount for people who don't want to play on Day 1.

I don't buy people saying shit like "this is an old game should be cheaper" or "i've already bought this once" because its actually a brand new game. It's just that its a carbon copy of an older game. Given how shite some of the new games are that come out im happy to spend money on a game I know will be good. As for "buying it twice" I was under absolutely NO expectations that when i bought D2 i'd be able to play it online for 20+ years, which has been whats happened, further i'll be able to KEEP playing it based on their announcement and if I want i can UPGRADE my version with modern graphics.

Costs $55USD for NZers ($75NZD) idgaf - worth it.

Not preordering of course because #stop-preordering-games.

But from what has been shown and described so far, it seems like a reasonable price to me. If you disagree, vote with your wallet and don't buy it.