Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If they do everything right, it's an OK price. Not a steal or anything, but fine.

If it's anywhere near Reforged, then the price is very much not fine.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    If it's as good as it looks, 44$ is a steal.

But that's a big If.
    It's the same game with better graphics. 44$ is not worth a 20 year old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    For some, it is.

Diablo 2 is one of those games, and a lot of fans have been asking for exactly this for over a decade.

Shit, i'll pay another 40 bucks in 20 years for the Diablo 2 : Resurrected Again remaster.

It's a remastered version of my favorite game ever, for an irrelevant amount of gold from WoW. Best deal ever.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-20 at 03:11 AM.

So if I get 40 hours of it, I'll get value of 1 dollar per hour?

But realistically I'll get 400 hours, so I mean..

It's 40 bucks.

Imagine if they charged that much AND removed the ability to play the old version if you already had it, That would be a pretty scummy thing to do.....Oh wait......

Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    So if I get 40 hours of it, I'll get value of 1 dollar per hour?

But realistically I'll get 400 hours, so I mean..

It's 40 bucks.
    That's fair. I for one can't see myself playing through multiple difficulties so I know I'll finish it in a few dozen hours and never play it again for ages

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Yah I think it's too expensive for an old game I already have that still works well.
    For now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Then don't buy it.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

No one has ever forced you to buy a game. If you feel the price is too steep, then you move on. If you really wanna play the game, you pay the price they set. You do not get to dictate the value something should be sold for, but you can decide if the quality of said product is worth it or not and act thereby

100% good with it. 40 bucks for a remaster is almost baseline nowadays. I would have been more shocked if it were any cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    100% good with it. 40 bucks for a remaster is almost baseline nowadays. I would have been more shocked if it were any cheaper.
    Already purchased it. Now I await release.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Path of exile is free, Hades is under $30.

Really, you'd be "shocked" if it was "cheaper"?

Bit of a ridiculous thing to say
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think 30-35 would have been more reasonable for a remaster, but if they do it 'right', the price is acceptable. They are going to make fucking bank on it unless it turns into reforged v2.0

Vicarious Visions has a great track record with remasters, and what they've shown so far looks great. If the technical alpha holds up I'll gladly prepurchase at this price as I know I'll be loving it anyway. I didn't even expect any QoL improvements, but just the fact that there's an improved (and shared) stash as well as the option to auto pickup gold is already a godsend.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Seeing how great WC3:Refunded turned out... it's bold to ask for more than 10 bucks.

But then again, they could price it at like $100 bucks and would still make a fortune. Blizzard loyalist zealots are some of the most insanely blind and I just pay whatever because it's company X customers I've ever seen. Seriously, we're rivaling Apple here. They can just do whatever the fuck they want and ask for any random amount of money... and old Bobby 'Devil Horns' Kotick is still gonna make another couple millions... and no matter how good their sales are they'll probably still lay off another 500ish people and rehire them at a lower rate because why the fuck not but please don't unionize because the gaming industry couldn't possibly work if everyone just stopped willingly eating shit while fucking paying for it.

So buckle up, Lord of destruction is probably gonna come in a couple years and they'll just ask your for another 30 or 40 bucks. Bu maybe you'll get a cool WoW pet or an Overwatch lootbox FOR FREE alongside your purchase to make you feel better.
    You realize it includes Lord of Destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I understand that they have been working a lot of D2 : Resurrected, but 54$CAD (or 44USD) is beyond greedy for a remastered title.

Are they going to use the same old argument about giving us lord of destruction included? Please. This game has been out for 20 years, come the f*** on*.

Personally, I don't mind paying for it, i've been a fan since day 1 of D2 release, but all those friends that I want to play with, and newer player, they won't pay that much.

I'm I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous ?
    I could see the point if it wasn't an entirely rewritten renderer for the game. It's not like the "classic" wow launches where it's literally just the same game over again.

You should watch the deep dive, it was the only blizzcon video I watched. But this doesn't seem to be just a regular old remastered version.
    I'm a thread killer.

What's the difference between versions? Found nothing about this Prime Evil Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    What's the difference between versions? Found nothing about this Prime Evil Collection.
    I had this problem when I prepurchased as soon as the trailer ended. Now on the launcher near the bottom it has "The Diablo® Prime Evil Collection also includes the Mephisto pet and the fearsome wings, Hatred’s Grasp, for Diablo III. Fight the denizens of the Burning Hells in style and be the envy of your party wherever you go." - So pay extra for a mephisto pet and some weird fleshy "wings" for D3. I had the option of a discounted $49.99 price which I paid.

After the warcraft fiasco they should give us this for free to be fucking honest with you.... Even 20 feels greedy knowing the subpar quality they have outsourced and how shit it will probably turn out.

I will just pirate it, play singleplayer and wait til they drop it down to 15-20 bucks. Assuming its good, at all....
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-02-20 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Already purchased it. Now I await release.
    Really? After the WC3 debacle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.